Reclaim your credit

Guest MrPuddington

Guest MrPuddington

After all the discussions I had with Orange about the botched up order and the included credit, this turn of events is certainly ironic.

Because of the price hike, you can get your Orange PAYG credit paid out. This would obviously appeal to anybody who is not with Orange anymore, e.g. using a While Mobile or Virgin SIM.

The Orange "information" web page is obscure as always, but as far as I understand that is exactly what it means. http://orangeworld.co.uk/r/price_changes .

BTW, standard prices go up from 24p / min, charged by the second (after the first minute), to 30p / min, charged for every started minute. The first change is a price hike of 25%, the second one an additional price hike of approximately 15%, coming out at nearly 45% in total.

PS: Wrong forum, please move the general San Diego forum.

Edited by MrPuddington

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest David Mo

Success! Granted, it took around 3 hours, several failed call-backs, three promises of a refund and a(n un) fair amount of stress on my part though my mother has received £30 refund. I've removed three Orange accounts due to recent issues, need to stick it out with the SD since I missed the three month unlock, d'oh.

Edited by David Mo

Guest MrPuddington

Success! Granted, it took around 3 hours, several failed call-backs, three promises of a refund and a(n un) fair amount of stress on my part though my mother has received £30 refund. I've removed three Orange accounts due to recent issues, need to stick it out with the SD since I missed the three month unlock, d'oh.

Congratulations. The unlock is exactly the sticking point - I still need to do that. But I will ask them to unlock after 3 months (next week), since the change should not be applied retrospectively.