Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9
  • Twitter:@degurney
Guys..

So.. I`m confused..
Just trying to find out the way to use this..
I tried connecting my phone to my pc ( with the handset drivers installed )
I ran the bootloader bat file..and I get permission denied on the last two steps..
I`m guessing it`s the correct way of doing this? rather that holding down vol down and power to get into recovery mode

Can someone just give me a hand hold here please :)

Darren

ivan.arandjelovic

ivan.arandjelovic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4
Too bad, no luck with this new bootloader. First of all I'm 100% sure that I installed it correctly because prior to installing it my phone had locked bootloader with stock recovery - to avoid reboots of course :) , and now it's unlocked, and CWM installed.

But, I already got 2 reboots today at usual spots. I really hope this will resolve issues at least for some of you, but I'm not that lucky.

Cheers

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

Guys..

So.. I`m confused..
Just trying to find out the way to use this..
I tried connecting my phone to my pc ( with the handset drivers installed )
I ran the bootloader bat file..and I get permission denied on the last two steps..
I`m guessing it`s the correct way of doing this? rather that holding down vol down and power to get into recovery mode

Can someone just give me a hand hold here please :)

Darren

Yes - just run the script/batch file:

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry2085294

and read the original post about "permission denied" problems.

Edited by dalyer, 05 February 2013 - 11:30 AM.

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9
  • Twitter:@degurney
THanks dayler. All done :)

I remember seeing the permissions stuff in the first post but I thought I remembered seeing it for unix..

Can I check to see that it`s done? I mean, how do I check that it`s taken the new bootloader?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
If the script ran without errors then it's done. There are screenshots of a successful execution earlier in this thread or in the CM9 thread. I'm not sure if/how you can double check. I guess you can probably extract/pull the bootloader img file using adb and then do an md5 hash on it to check it against the one in the zip referenced by the original post here? But I haven't done this myself.

fuddman

fuddman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:Acer F900
Well, almost 48 hours and no reboot! Seems to be fixed.

grabster

grabster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Devices:Moto g
Another 3 reboots today.

Ah well....no harm trying i suppose.

Thanks anyway.

Redflake

Redflake

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
No reboots after installed new bootloader.

daVil

daVil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:G300
I just had one reboot today

Buffalo Soldier

Buffalo Soldier

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Just one reboot in last 48 hours, now 30hrs+ stable. Definitely doesn't solve our problem totally, but it's a good step forward.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
Still no reboots since I installed it. I know I asked before but could somebody perhaps outline what is different between this bootloader and the previous unlocked one(s?) and why it is expected that the change(s?) will mitigate or eliminate (seemingly not?) the so called 3G reboots?

kosac

kosac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
testing on 2devices.. one device 2x restart for last 24hours.. second device no restart at this time.. both same settings.. interesting..

billyboy2468

billyboy2468

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
can anyone tell me exactly how to run this,is it unzip to desk top then run bootloader bat file

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Download the zip in the original post.
  • Unzip it
  • Open a DOS box/command shell - Start > Run> cmd.exe
  • cd to the folder in which the stuff was unzipped
  • On your phone ensure that Settings > Developer options > Root access is set to Apps and ADB
  • Connect phone to PC
  • Run bootloader-windows.bat or the Unix equivalent
  • Check that there were no errors - success should look like the screenshot here: http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2085323
  • Reboot phone (I presume?)
  • See the original post for other instructions (e.g. need to have relevant drivers installed etc.)

Edited by dalyer, 06 February 2013 - 12:28 PM.

luunatiq

luunatiq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
4 reboots today, i installed the patch last night, happened in the usual areeas...dazz , isn't a way to extract the bootloader from a phone that doesn't reboots and install on the other phones?

Fagulhas

Fagulhas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

4 reboots today, i installed the patch last night, happened in the usual areeas...dazz , isn't a way to extract the bootloader from a phone that doesn't reboots and install on the other phones?

No. Here's the deal folks. Starting with ICS, Huawei locked all bootloaders, meaning the only way for us to install a custom recovery & rom was to use the gingerbread bootloaders that are NOT locked.

The most common used gingerbread bootloader was from a "really old build", maybe even from the B888 days. This one is from B895, the last official version of a gingerbread rom for most carriers.

And before anyone says, no its not optimal to use a old bootloader, but its what we have and the only way to do it so far. We already asked Huawei to add our model to the unlock bootloader page at http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

Also bear in mind that these issues MAY not be related to the bootloader, tho as shown from a few users, it can help.

Edited by Fagulhas, 06 February 2013 - 04:44 PM.

If you appreciated my work or help and would like to donate, please follow this link Donate!

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Also bear in mind that these issues MAY not be related to the bootloader, tho as shown from a few users, it can help.

Thanks Fagulhas - can you comment on why a different bootloader might be expected to mitigate or elimiate this 3g reboot problem? I assumed that a bootloader "just" did some basic hardware init before handing over to the "main" system firmware (e.g. ROM + kernel etc.)? Or does it actually do ALL of the low level hardware init so that perhaps the new bootloader does some init that the older one does not and which impacts the 3G functionality? (I'm sure that I could have phrased all that more concisely but hopefully the question is clear! :D )

Edited by dalyer, 06 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

vhristenco

vhristenco

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:G300
From what I see, the script used to unlock the bootloader writes (with dd) two images to /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 and mmcblk0p14.
Couldn't we just read these blocks from a phone with stock ICS rom and use them to "re-lock" the bootloader after installing a custom rom?
I can't test this right now as I just downgraded to GB, but in theory... could it work?

Edited by vhristenco, 06 February 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Fagulhas

Fagulhas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Thanks Fagulhas - can you comment on why a different bootloader might be expected to mitigate or elimiate this 3g reboot problem? I assumed that a bootloader "just" did some basic hardware init before handing over to the "main" system firmware (e.g. ROM + kernel etc.)? Or does it actually do ALL of the low level hardware init so that perhaps the new bootloader does some init that the older one does not and which impacts the 3G functionality? (I'm sure that I could have phrased all that more concisely but hopefully the question is clear! :D )

The boot loader ultimately has to:
  • Bring the kernel (and all the kernel needs to bootstrap) into memory
  • Provide the kernel with the information it needs to work correctly
  • Switch to an environment that the kernel will like
  • Transfer control to the kernel

On the x86, the boot loader runs in Real Mode. Consequently it has easy access to BIOS resources and functions. Therefore it's a good place to perform memory map detection, detection of available video modes, loading of additional files, etc. The boot loader will collect this information and present it in a way the kernel will be able to understand.

From - http://wiki.osdev.org/Bootloader

If you appreciated my work or help and would like to donate, please follow this link Donate!

Fagulhas

Fagulhas

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

From what I see, the script used to unlock the bootloader writes (with dd) two images to /dev/block/mmcblk0p9 and mmcblk0p14.
Couldn't we just read these blocks from a phone with stock ICS rom and use them to "re-lock" the bootloader after installing a custom rom?
I can't test this right now as I just downgraded to GB, but in theory... could it work?

No because the bootloader runs every single time you start the phone and if you re-lock it, you will soft-brick it and get "signature verification failure".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users