Home button not working

Guest warzinak

Guest warzinak

Hey guys, my ZTE blade has been sitting in a drawer for a while and i turned it on today and it was stuck at boot (must have screwed something up before i stored it) so i tried eco cm9 and cm10 with gapps and the home button does not work, i have tried clearing data and formating system and all that but no luck...the home button works in Clockwork recovery so i dont know whats going on. Any ideas? I have tried searching for it but can not find the answer.

EDIT1: just tried cm7 without gapps and it works, but i want cm9/10

EDIT2: ....ok just tried eco cm9 without installing gapps after and the home button works....what am i doing wrong? i install the cm9 zip then install the minimal gapps from the eco cm9 thread? thats what im doing

EDIT3: with cm9 installed i rebooted back into clockworks and installed gapps and the home button is not working again!, what am i doing wrong?!

did some more reading and im 100% sure it has something to do with gapps, but im not sure what..

Edited by warzinak

Guest gourav35

Hey guys, my ZTE blade has been sitting in a drawer for a while and i turned it on today and it was stuck at boot (must have screwed something up before i stored it) so i tried eco cm9 and cm10 with gapps and the home button does not work, i have tried clearing data and formating system and all that but no luck...the home button works in Clockwork recovery so i dont know whats going on. Any ideas? I have tried searching for it but can not find the answer.

EDIT2: ....ok just tried eco cm9 without installing gapps after and the home button works....what am i doing wrong? i install the cm9 zip then install the minimal gapps from the eco cm9 thread? thats what im doing

EDIT3: with cm9 installed i rebooted back into clockworks and installed gapps and the home button is not working again!, what am i doing wrong?!

did some more reading and im 100% sure it has something to do with gapps, but im not sure what..

One of my friend also had this problem I don't know why is the problem when he was using konsta rom he was facing the problem then he flashed the burstlam cm9 now his problem is resolve I dont know how it happened or whether it will work with your device or not but you can try If you want

Guest warzinak

why don't you go with the konstaT's cm10.1

it is almost complete.

Here, Includes both ROM and Gapps

flashing order-

boot to cwm

factory reset

format system

wipe dalvik

install zip from sd card> cm10.1

install gapps_jb42

reboot. keep patience.

enjoy.

Thanks, that is actually the cm10 i already tried earlier, and no luck.

I do not understand what im doing wrong, i have tried redownloading the rom/gapps files and nothing.

EDIT: oh and one thing to add, in addition to the home button not working, i do not even get Google Play.

I remember reading about this somewhere before, but do not remember where and how it was fixed and i can not find it again.

Edited by warzinak

Guest Pranav Jindal

hmm, try to get back to stock rom .. it will just flash your phone the way it came. recovery, system, data... everything.

then startover with cwm and custom roms. thats what you can do.

i think you are forgetting to format system and wipe dalvik before flashing rom ( might be some flash order disorder) .

Guest Ganster

What system size you have? I think it's to small.

Guest Sulthekk

In terminal:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db "INSERT INTO secure (name,value) VALUES ('device_provisioned','1');"

That should get the buttons working again.

Also, you should check if your /system is at least 160mb or bigger. Otherwise better forget about anything newer than gb, or if you are willing to give up some space on /data, repartition.

* Sorry, I don't know why did only part of the post made it there before editing *

Edited by Sulthekk

Guest The Mot

I had the exact same issue before I realised that I was using my wife's old phone which was still using a 140mb partition.

I had the exact same symptoms with the home button not working and gapps not installing.

Flash one of the TPTs to change it to 160mb and it should be fine. I used the blade checker app from the store to make sure I used the correct TPT.

Guest warzinak

Hello again, sorry for late reply, thanks for all advice, i realise now that my problem is im using a first gen zte blade (with oled screen)

EDIT: im trying to FLASH the Gen2 stock TPT but TPT Helper says "Sorry, This feature is not yet supported for your current ROM." when i try Start TPT......

Or if i try to do it by turning on phone holding menu + Vol up then it gets stuck on the cyangen android on a skateboard.....

I dont know what im doing wrong.

It is a Gen1 phone that a updates to Gen2 a few months ago. I am trying to Flash it to the 210mb one right? or is that not possible?....

TBH im so confused and lost, things are not working for me, and i can not find the answers as i do not see anyone with same problem.

EDIT2 : damn it i feel like giving up...i typed in that whole thing into the terminal...took ages, and nothing worked....

I dont know what TPT im on, I know im on Gen2....i dont know why none of the roms are working for me with the home button.

EDIT3: I guess i was putting wrong Gen on TPT Helper, i thought because i upgraded that i should enter Gen 2, but i guess i still should do Gen1 to 2 when picking a TPT on TPT Helper...trying it out now...

Still says Sorry, This feature is not yet supported for your current ROM."

EDIT4: OK FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS...turned off and booted holding menu + volup and it finally flashed...so im installing eco9 now and hopefully it will work

EDIT5: IT WORKS! WOO finally!

Edited by warzinak