[ROM] Cirrus ROM v1.0.5b [04/02/2013]

Guest vache

Cirrus ROM v1.0.5b

(tagged beta cause it's not final JB ROM from Acer)

apm.jpg drawer.jpg image.jpg setting.jpg

Prerequites :

-Leaked JB ROM installed

-Unlocked bootloader

-CWM Recovery

What's new :

playback_play.pngRooted

playback_play.pngBusybox, sqlite, zipalign, openVPN...tools

playback_play.pngZipaligned APKs

playback_play.pngInclude patch kernel to allow /system remount

playback_play.pngNew audio (ringtones, alarms...)

playback_play.pngUpdated Google Apps

playback_play.pngThemed UI

playback_play.pngSemi transparent notification and app drawer

playback_play.pngNew font for QuickSetting

playback_play.pngJB 4.2 Apps (Clock, Gallery, Keyboard...)

playback_play.pngNew Quick Call/SMS widget from V360

playback_play.pngAdvanced Power Menu (Reboot, recovery, bootloader)

playback_play.pngDisabled some useless debugs

playback_play.pngBattery %

playback_play.pngPatch services.jar for better multitasking

playback_play.pngMPEngine11 (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2076101)

playback_play.pngOverall performance and battery tweaks (init.d scripts, build.prop...)

playback_play.pngTweaked gps.conf

playback_play.pngCrossBeeder (http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2122859)

playback_play.pngExt4 Mount Tweaks

playback_play.pngZipalign at boot

playback_play.pngAdded Terminal Emulator, FX File explorer and Flash Player

playback_play.pngDisabled some useless services

playback_play.png...and much more...

Removed :

Acer Nidus, Acer Registration, Acer Cloud Suite, Acer EM, Acer OOBE2, Acer Print, Google Currents, Acer Widgets, EquiView, FD Updater + service, HD Channel, Polaris Office, Swype, Social Service, maybe other i forgot.

Tell me wich app(s) you miss and i'll make flashable package.

How to install :

Make a nandroid backup

Put the zip file on the root of your your external SD

Reboot in recovery

Format data/factory reset

Flash the ROM

Reboot.

Please reports bugs here, providing at least logcat.

Addons :

Both are flashable with recovery.

Edited by vache

I believe this is the first ROM for our CloudMobile ? Congratz ! What Gallery 4.2 did you use for it ? Also, the Zipaligned APKs, do you notice the difference ?

Edited by wimmme

I used 4.2 apk from Nexus dump, don't understand what you want to know exactly.

Didn't check memory consuption before and after zipalign, so i can't affirm that there's a big difference. Also it seems like Acer already did it.

I used 4.2 apk from Nexus dump, don't understand what you want to know exactly.

Didn't check memory consuption before and after zipalign, so i can't affirm that there's a big difference. Also it seems like Acer already did it.

Ok, didn't know if you used a circulating apk or a self-extracted one. If I have my microSIM adapter for my ZTE Blade (so I have a backup phone) I will sureley install it. I will only miss the swype because I kind of like it :-)

Guest Mircerson

If you own a EMEA_ORGROD / EMEA_MBSD and you dont have the bootloader unlocked , just .. dont try to flash this cause it will just brick your device :P

Seems great, downloading now.

About the apps, can you make a package with swype, polaris and acer widgets in it? I think these three are the only useful ones.

Edit: Installed, works very good. One bug: the quick settings are in French. I understand that you made them in French, but is it possible to make them English or the system language. It's not really a big deal, but it'd neat.

Edited by BrtH

Guest mc01319

I installed the Rom following the instructions and everything is OK. But I have a problem. In the jelly bean leak there was the Greek language in the menu. But in this Rom the Greek language is missing.

Can you upload a zip file to flash with the Greek language please?

Guest godzilaxxxl

type 1 and typ

can you tell me what are the differences between type 1 and type 3 because i can't find anything relevant on google..

type 1 & type 3 is the SKU

Guest Mircerson

Diference bettwen -3 and -1. its just a dual carrier issue.

"Dual-carrier is not dual-sim. It is a technology that allows network speed up to 42Mbps where the standard cloudmobile will only go up to 21Mbps.

It is called dual carrier because it uses two carriers (lines) to double the speed."

Guest godzilaxxxl

I

Diference bettwen -3 and -1. its just a dual carrier issue.

"Dual-carrier is not dual-sim. It is a technology that allows network speed up to 42Mbps where the standard cloudmobile will only go up to 21Mbps.

It is called dual carrier because it uses two carriers (lines) to double the speed."

I have -1 version and -3 ,is no difference(both version have the same speed )

YEAH !!! Thx Vache ;)

for me "Polaris Office" is a must have... It seem not for you...

It's always a great pleasure to flash your Rom's

Thx ! :D

For me too, polaris was nice to have, and Swype even more. I tried to install them back (made a backup of the apk in /system/app before flashing, and

pushed them back after Cirrus was installed) but no luck: Polaris launch, but force close when trying to open a file. Swype force close immediately when ativated (or when acessing settings), so I believe some libraries are missing, not only the APK. Vache, could you provide a flashabe zip with those 2 apps? would be great :-)

I may also try to clear data/ factory reset after those APK are installed, there may be some kind of registration process....But I prefer to wait for Vache input before doing that, if it does not help thats quite a loss of time...

Edited by gkai

Guest Mircerson

O sa faci , si cate dintre deviceuri o sa brickuiesti? Gandeste ca e vorba de un tot alt baseband :) Mai bine las-o asa . Si crede-ma , unul functional 100% fara basedump sau alt minuni nu o sa gasesti. Era unul cu 4.1.2 pe EMEA_ORGROD , dar e instabil rau.

Just random stuff... another baseband , orange crap , cpu locked, and he's probabbly just talking :P

Edited by Mircerson

What is MPEngine11? From the thread it looks like V6 SuperCharger with less features. Is this correct or does it do something else? Should/can I install V6 SuperCharger?

Guest godzilaxxxl

O sa faci , si cate dintre deviceuri o sa brickuiesti? Gandeste ca e vorba de un tot alt baseband :) Mai bine las-o asa . Si crede-ma , unul functional 100% fara basedump sau alt minuni nu o sa gasesti. Era unul cu 4.1.2 pe EMEA_ORGROD , dar e instabil rau.

Just random stuff... another baseband , orange crap , cpu locked, and he's probabbly just talking :P

nici nu ma gandeam sa fac un custom rom 4.1.2 pentru emea_orgrod , ma gandeam la un ICS cu root si multe customizari.

No way to make a custom 4.1.2 rom for emea_orgrod, I thought a lot of customization for ICS with root and tweaks.

Guest umbro123

you can get a working swype if you download it from your phone browser from www.swype.com , and its a newer version then the original one from the phone.

Guest mc01319
you can get a working swype if you download it from your phone browser from www.swype.com , and its a newer version then the original one from the phone.

+1

I have Swype 1.4 from developer site and it works just fine.

yes, but it is also a pain to keep installed: every time you flash your phone, it dissapear...I know, i used to do it on my previous phone...

Still, I will try it, looks like they do not ask for registration anymore?