stock rooted ics.... transparent appdrawer?

Guest apometru

Guest apometru

so.... the ideea is i decompiled the launcher2.apk and i need to know what xml file i have to modify to make my appdrawer transparent. does anyone know? i know the html color codes but i don't know in which xml to modify or if i have to change something else

p.s. vache if you could help i'd be grateful. i saw you changed the appdrawer to be transparent for the jellybean rom you made.

Edited by apometru

Hi,

You have to decompil Launcher APK (ex.: with APK Multi Tool), then check "Define.smali" in smali/com/android/launcher2.

Open it with a text editor and change

sput-boolean v1, Lcom/android/launcher2/Define;->ENABLE_APP_MENU_TRANSPARENT:Z

to

sput-boolean v2, Lcom/android/launcher2/Define;->ENABLE_APP_MENU_TRANSPARENT:Z

Recompile APK, then by opening the original Launcher.apk (ex.: with WinRar or 7Zip) overwrite classes.dex with the new one.

Push the updated APK to your phone, then reboot.

P.S : You need deodexed APK/ROM.

Edited by vache

Guest apometru

:)))) so... because of locked bootloader... no deodexed... so no transparency:( at least i managed to hide the navbar (softkeys), install LMT and now i have a full 720p screen :)

edit: vache thanks for the answer

Edited by apometru

Guest Namuhk2k

How did you do that? I'm curious because I've seen a ROM once (for galaxy nexus, it think...) where you can modify (remove keys, add more, change functions etc.) all of the virtual keys!

Guest apometru

simple

YOU MUST BE ROOTED IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK and I DO NOT TAKE RESPONSABILITY IN CASE YOU F*** UP YOUR PHONE:)))

first i have to say i really love android commander:))))

i wanted more screen space so i extracted build.prop from the phone with it and modified the pixel density to 265 then added the new buil.prop over the old one in the phone. nothing looks funny, every app just works fine, the market has no issues at all. (this is not necessary unless you want it like this; you can skip this)

then i installed fullscreentoggle and LMTv1.9 from xda (just put it in the sd-card) and installed those as normal apps. opened LMT and checked for it to autostart and started the service. open fullscreentoggle and push the button "disable navbar". wait for superuser, accept and push button again. then do a reboot.

and everything looks as attached (these are screenshots from my phone)

p.s. you must extract the launcher2.apk from you're phone and modify 3 images (just erase the pixels from those png images in photoshop) in order for the launcher to look fine. otherwise the launcher will have that bottom shadow look funny.

to do this open android commander, navigate to system/app/ extract launcher2.apk, open launcher2.apk with 7zip and navigate to res/drawable-xhdpi and extract the bg_homescreen.png; bg_cling4; bg_cling3; bg_cling2 and bg_cling1. modify them in photoshop (just use eraser) and then put them back to res/drawer-xhdpi by drag and drop in 7zip. then use android commander to paste it over the initial launcher and you're done

post-1001254-0-30693100-1360079193_thumb

post-1001254-0-19797900-1360079194_thumb

post-1001254-0-70588500-1360079194_thumb

post-1001254-0-62558800-1360079195_thumb

post-1001254-0-30989000-1360079197_thumb

post-1001254-0-07122300-1360080235_thumb

post-1001254-0-52945200-1360080441_thumb

Edited by apometru

Guest apometru

yes and the program that does it is LMT

and you just touch the edge and it pops up. it can appear on one side of the screen, on both sides, on both sides and bottom or just bottom.

here's the link http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1330150

it was originally developed for gnex4 but it works on many other devices. i am using it for instance and it works flawlessly

Edited by apometru

Guest Namuhk2k

Ok, I'm home and I want to try this new. Can you provide link for full screen toggle? (NEVERMIND, I found it: XDA)

Btw, why did you reduce the pixel density?

EDIT:Done & Love it! I din't edit the .png files because I didn't have to. I use Apex launcher. Thanks for this Apometru! ;-)

Edited by Namuhk2k

Guest apometru

sorry i couldn't help i was at work. i edited the dpi because i wanted more workspace on my screen. i wanted it to look a bit like 1080p not 720p. glad it worked for you :)

i wanted more screen space so i extracted build.prop from the phone with it and modified the pixel density to 265 then added the new buil.prop over the old one in the phone. nothing looks funny, every app just works fine, the market has no issues at all.

I changed the dpi to 265 and it looks good indeed. But how did you determine this value? Is it just a random value you thought would work well, did you do some experimenting or is 265 the result of some sort of calculation?

Guest apometru

well... it's not random. i played a lot with it and with very many values ranging from 320 (the default one) to 200 and i found that everything works just fine until 265 including this value. the png that are part of menus, launcher, different apps work fine, look fine and don't have visual artefacts. go below this value and the first thing you'll notice is that the bubble notification.apk has stuff that looks weird and well.... not that good. you should also be careful cause you might have lag from time to time, it's because there is more space to process, and the png's are shown at full but in bigger resolution. this also happens if you use live wallpapers. ;) have fun with dpi:)

Edited by apometru