99 replies to this topic

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Devices:u8230/u8860
i will go back to work from pier11 kernel and port optimization by destructor and others but i will test each time i do a change, a port or whatever to find out what is causing so much drain battery on destructOr kernel.
it gonna be a long way....... :wacko: :D :ph34r:
while waiting for it,you can still use frandom.ko
it would be activated only if you use crossbreeder.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy Note II [GT-N7100]
Interesting work, thanks a lot Desalesouche for continuing work on our phone! i was just wondering whether this software would prevent the kernel from causing partial/other wakelocks:
http://www.appbrain....eu.thedarken.wl or whether the kernel is at a lower level and overrides anything set by this software? Worth a try for anyone testing this kernel..

edit: was messing around with nail polish remover and that's how I got my completely green and red buttons btw ;)

Edited by pedrojaime, 21 February 2013 - 08:19 PM.

Happy phablet hacking!

pCasto

pCasto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:TCT Alcatel One touch snap
Hey,Desalesouche,
Sup? whats your next project (ROM)?
Emotion UI?
Improve the ICS made by pier11 and dr.flo?
Paranoid?
MIUIv4??
ANY OTHER ROM?????

The CrappaHolic Pulse. The worst android phone made to date.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Hey,Desalesouche,
Sup? whats your next project (ROM)?
Emotion UI?
Improve the ICS made by pier11 and dr.flo?
Paranoid?
MIUIv4??
ANY OTHER ROM?????

now idea.as for the moment i am all in the kernel.
will try to upgrade it .but i am still porting optimization.once finish i willl try to upgrade kernel :blink:
i will try to port some rom when i will finish kernel/or would be fed up with optimization/upgrade .
i made a try with shenduo os it was booting but not ok for me to release.
and as i am still a noob in android etc :ph34r: i don't have all the tools and enough knowledge to fix everything.
but sill learning(it less than 2years taht i am in that kind of things...

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
hi all.i manage to upgrade kernel. now it is 2.6.32.10 rc1 .
and here is optimization added for this one=
ksm enabled
ashmem from 2.6.35
proportional rate reduction for tcp
mm block:fix memblock is region reserved to return a boolean
patch: this cpu:introduce this cpu ptr()and generic this cpu
patch:ext4:support for 64 bits format
omazoom:sched don't go tickless when cpu is loaded and....that's all folks for the moment!
here is the link ----> http://www.mediafire...gija6b4b7b96n1y

frandom .ko is supposed to not work with that kernel...
it will only work with 2.6.32.9 kernel.
i have to compile frandom for it...
edit: wifi seem to be broken.it shows error...

Edited by desalesouche, 26 February 2013 - 01:25 AM.

pCasto

pCasto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:TCT Alcatel One touch snap
shenduo will be gb or ics or jb?
can anyone port an ics from a similiar device to the pulse?
@Pedrojaime you just got yourself some neat looking buttons

The CrappaHolic Pulse. The worst android phone made to date.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
http://www.mediafire...y342jthlmtrtc8a
my last boot.img
a lot of update from 2.6.35.
sound-soc: Boeffla sound engine and volume stronger
better wifi +undervolted wifi
check all change on my github: https://github.com/d...s/ecliar-compat
we are still in 2.6.32.9-perf....
as soon as i can manage to compile ar6000 wifi module (or someone else, i need help about that...) i would begin upgrade to 2.6.32.60.

Edited by desalesouche, 19 March 2013 - 06:50 PM.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Hey Desalesouche,
I think its just you and I left on this forum.

He estado experimentando todavía con el ROM Styx y eliminando libraries, binaries, etc from /system and I have a modified build that simply flies. my /system partition is now 63mb in size and having that extra free space makes it go faster and smoother.

Si prefieres escribo en español. El problema que tengo, y la razon por no usar Onyx ROM es porque estoy restringido a mi /system partition de 85Mb porque si aplico TRE rom/u otros , pierdo el 3G para mi pais (Ecuador).

A ti te interesa seguir trabajando en Styx o solo Onyx?

Acabo de intentar de boot.img, corrí:
===

C:\Users\peterjames\Downloads\ADB_v1.0.29+Fastboot_(Android-SDK_r20)>fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (2184 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.123s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.424s]
finished. total time: 0.570s

C:\Users\peterjames\Downloads\ADB_v1.0.29+Fastboot_(Android-SDK_r20)>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.005s
===

ahh, using Windows to work on Android, the shame of it..! Anyway, it seemed to work and reports:
kernel 2.6.32.-perf by you

I am not sure if its a placebo effect but I seem to notice richer sound - will wait and see until I try it in the car to see how it really sounds.

thanks a lot for this, will report back as soon as I can!!

looking good so far,

Peter

Happy phablet hacking!

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Hey Desalesouche,
I think its just you and I left on this forum.

He estado experimentando todavía con el ROM Styx y eliminando libraries, binaries, etc from /system and I have a modified build that simply flies. my /system partition is now 63mb in size and having that extra free space makes it go faster and smoother.

Si prefieres escribo en español. El problema que tengo, y la razon por no usar Onyx ROM es porque estoy restringido a mi /system partition de 85Mb porque si aplico TRE rom/u otros , pierdo el 3G para mi pais (Ecuador).

A ti te interesa seguir trabajando en Styx o solo Onyx?

Acabo de intentar de boot.img, corrí:
===

C:\Users\peterjames\Downloads\ADB_v1.0.29+Fastboot_(Android-SDK_r20)>fastboot flash boot boot.img
sending 'boot' (2184 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.123s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.424s]
finished. total time: 0.570s

C:\Users\peterjames\Downloads\ADB_v1.0.29+Fastboot_(Android-SDK_r20)>fastboot reboot
rebooting...

finished. total time: 0.005s
===

ahh, using Windows to work on Android, the shame of it..! Anyway, it seemed to work and reports:
kernel 2.6.32.-perf by you

I am not sure if its a placebo effect but I seem to notice richer sound - will wait and see until I try it in the car to see how it really sounds.

thanks a lot for this, will report back as soon as I can!!

looking good so far,

Peter

hola. i just use window to change ramdisk in boot.img. otherwise i do all other staff on ubuntu 12.10 64 bit... :D
here is last boot.img with correction about sound engine. http://www.mediafire...nvkv4c2me96pm0p ( i forget a file :ph34r: ) i can score 1241 on antutu benchmarck with that one and the last cm7 i have done.
the sound now would be even richer...
for the moment i am quite interested on kernel.fix and optimization.but it took a long time as i am testing each time i make a change to see if everything is ok...
may i ask you to upload the styx rom with your change? or can you give a list with change you have done (and explanation?-->no obligation )
so i can study them and test.may be these change would be good for other rom...
i should try to rework styx but the first time i tried, everything went wrong...
may be i would work on rom later as for the moment kernel is taking all my time...
if i manage to compile the ar6000 wifi module i would be able to upgrade the kernel to 2.3.32.60.( i could do it now, but without wifi, not interesting, otherwise everything was working)

did you test the frandom module( with crossbreeder)?

Edited by desalesouche, 20 March 2013 - 03:23 PM.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Hey,
Here is the contents of my /system compressed for you: http://www.mediafire...0883gp5ssgfd5ao As you can see I have deleted various files which I personally didn't think were necessary and then tested before deleting some more. The irsii file for example is a chat client for linux which you most likely will not use. Some of the files I have deleted may well break things, it could just be that either I haven't noticed that yet or that in the way I use my phone these changes do not affect me. For me everything seems to be functional with the way /system is at the moment. Also, I am using Lightning Launcher and Swype keyboard - this launcher seems to be the lightest I have found on phone memory resources.

Better to take time with each individual change to make sure nothing has broken instead of going ahead too quickly - I've learnt this the hard way..

I have not tested the frandom module, how should I apply this to test? I am testing your newest boot.img as we speak, will report back here on how that goes.

thanks for your comments and feeback!

Peter

Edit: what I really notice regarding the sound quality is the voice quality in calls, again, I have no way of quantifying this but it seems much better during phone calls now!

Edited by pedrojaime, 20 March 2013 - 05:36 PM.

Happy phablet hacking!

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Hey,
Here is the contents of my /system compressed for you: http://www.mediafire...0883gp5ssgfd5ao As you can see I have deleted various files which I personally didn't think were necessary and then tested before deleting some more. The irsii file for example is a chat client for linux which you most likely will not use. Some of the files I have deleted may well break things, it could just be that either I haven't noticed that yet or that in the way I use my phone these changes do not affect me. For me everything seems to be functional with the way /system is at the moment. Also, I am using Lightning Launcher and Swype keyboard - this launcher seems to be the lightest I have found on phone memory resources.

Better to take time with each individual change to make sure nothing has broken instead of going ahead too quickly - I've learnt this the hard way..

I have not tested the frandom module, how should I apply this to test? I am testing your newest boot.img as we speak, will report back here on how that goes.

thanks for your comments and feeback!

Peter

Edit: what I really notice regarding the sound quality is the voice quality in calls, again, I have no way of quantifying this but it seems much better during phone calls now!

i use it with crossbreeder fom xda; but if you don't want to use crossbreeder you can still use an init.d file.

#!/system/bin/sh
insmod /system/lib/modules/frandom.ko
sleep 5
rm /dev/random && ln -s /dev/frandom /dev/random
after that you can check if frandom is loaded typing in terminal: su and after that lsmod | grep frandom.
if ok you can check with another test (see link)
http://forum.xda-dev...4&postcount=203

link to crossbreeder thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2113150 a lot explanation in op.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
I went back to your first post in this thread and applied frandom+crossbreeder over lunch. Wow, I didn't know what I was talking about until I loaded the frandom.ko kernel module and checked later that it was loading over lunch. The sound is incredible! Will test some more with the headphones and line-in AUX in the car but it really makes a difference. not sure how big an impact it will have on battery life, will let you know about that too. Thanks a lot and great job Desalesouche! :D

Peter

Happy phablet hacking!

jgilalonso

jgilalonso

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Devices:U8220
Great news!!!

Desalesouche still is working in our ROM :D

Yo también escribo en Español...podemos cambiar el idioma? je, je, je

I'll test the new kernel tomorrow. :ph34r:

Thanks a lot.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Just wondering guys, is crossbreeder a crossbred version of seeder or what does it do and could this be the reason why my battery doesn't quite seem as good anymore? Would I still get the benefits of improved audio quality solely with the new kernel +frandom.ko kernel module without crossbreeder?

gracias ;)

Happy phablet hacking!

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Bad news I'm afraid, had to revert to the old Styx standard kernel because wifi was broken. When I mean broken, it was just a question of getting an IP address that was the problem since I set a static IP and it worked fine. Is there anything else I need to do to get dhcp working? Could it be the incorrect MAC address issue or do you think its just dhcp that's the problem since the static IP worked.

thanks,

Peter

Happy phablet hacking!

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Just wondering guys, is crossbreeder a crossbred version of seeder or what does it do and could this be the reason why my battery doesn't quite seem as good anymore? Would I still get the benefits of improved audio quality solely with the new kernel +frandom.ko kernel module without crossbreeder?

gracias ;)

crossbreeder is different from seeder.same idea (entropy) but different binary.i don't know if crossbreeder is draining battery or if it is some optimization from the kernel, or even if it is the battery who seem to go down and up....
you can use kernel and frandom .ko without crossbreeder. but to get the benefit of crossbreeder you have to use an init.d file who will insmod the module.audio quality is in kernel not in module or crossbreeder...crossbreeder is there for lag and net. tweak( no ad/ fatser browsing and dl) frandom .ko is helping for fast download.

Edited by desalesouche, 21 March 2013 - 03:54 PM.

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Bad news I'm afraid, had to revert to the old Styx standard kernel because wifi was broken. When I mean broken, it was just a question of getting an IP address that was the problem since I set a static IP and it worked fine. Is there anything else I need to do to get dhcp working? Could it be the incorrect MAC address issue or do you think its just dhcp that's the problem since the static IP worked.

thanks,

Peter

1/ i don't remenber...is it the same boot.img for styx and for onyx(cm7)? or does the ramdisk is suposed to be different...
2/ where you using crossbreeder while wifi problem? if yes you can try solution proposed on crossbreeder thread on op page.
i think that the mac adress problem is solved.at least domica told me so in his thread about destructor boot.img.
and you have the same boot.img normally +my work on boot.img

Edited by desalesouche, 21 March 2013 - 04:01 PM.

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Opening up Zoom Camera app taked 3s instead of 5s with crossbreeder applied so a definite performance increase and also with the displaying of the settings menus. I can confirm that crossbreeder is not affecting wifi either!

frandom kernel module is definitely making webpages load faster too!

So far, Frandom+crossbreeder - wifi keeps working fine..

EDIT: applying the boot.img breaks the wifi (dhcp) with more than one wifi access point, this is where its breaking.

Edited by pedrojaime, 21 March 2013 - 05:22 PM.

Happy phablet hacking!

desalesouche

desalesouche

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Opening up Zoom Camera app taked 3s instead of 5s with crossbreeder applied so a definite performance increase and also with the displaying of the settings menus. I can confirm that crossbreeder is not affecting wifi either!

frandom kernel module is definitely making webpages load faster too!

So far, Frandom+crossbreeder - wifi keeps working fine..

EDIT: applying the boot.img breaks the wifi (dhcp) with more than one wifi access point, this is where its breaking.

would you try that boot.img?(with styx) http://www.mediafire...2s111iw1t32pe9q

pedrojaime

pedrojaime

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Hey, wifi is working, nice! thank you :)

btw, this was flashed on top of crossbreeder+frandom

Edited by pedrojaime, 21 March 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Happy phablet hacking!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users