probably a stupid question for you phone techies

Guest wheaty

sorry for probably asking a stupid question but I am new to the world of mobile phones. :)

I've recently bought an Orange San Diego

If the phone is powered off can it still recieve calls ? - or does it need to be in sleep mode to be able to do this?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Not if it's powered off, leave it in sleep mode. There's no reason to power it off anyway since in deep sleep it uses very little power indeed, but can still receive calls and texts.

Guest MrPuddington
Not if it's powered off, leave it in sleep mode. There's no reason to power it off anyway since in deep sleep it uses very little power indeed, but can still receive calls and texts.

That assumes you have no background process running. On the stock ROM, Social Gallery has the unfortunate tendency to suck your battery dry during just one night. Facebook can do that, too, or some games. Unfortunately, Android still has not solved this problem, although at least Android 4.2 has some reasonable tools to find out what is going on.

Guest i am not a hacker

Use a task killer from the play store. You will always have background tasks running and you don't need to stop them. We have 1GB RAM!

Guest BlueMoonRising

You don't need a task killer, Android is extremely efficient at restricting background processes from using power if it's not required. Just let the system do it's job.

Guest BlueMoonRising

That was Declan was it? I knew he was dodgy from his first posts, he's already using foul mouthed abuse on the FaceBook group where someone claimed to have unlocked the bootloader so he'll be banned on there shortly.

Can you ban his IP address on here? I know there's probably ways around that but it would slow him down. He is one seriously strange lad.

Guest i am not a hacker

That was Declan was it? I knew he was dodgy from his first posts, he's already using foul mouthed abuse on the FaceBook group where someone claimed to have unlocked the bootloader so he'll be banned on there shortly.

Can you ban his IP address on here? I know there's probably ways around that but it would slow him down. He is one seriously strange lad.

His sister is really strange. I mean ridiculously strange