• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ohio66

ohio66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco jellyfish
Hi folks like most people I will be looking to flash a ROM to allow me at least some updates ,perhaps even "gedify" it If I can find the NOOBS guide (seems to have vanished?)

I have always understood that my UK MZ604 was WIFI only i.e. wingray so you can imagine my surprise when I used
Smart System Info app from the play store to which tells me the following under DEVICE;

MOTOROLA MZ604

Brand MOTO
Code Name wifi_hubble
CPU ARMv7 Rev 0 (v71)
IMEI/MEID
Hardware Stingray :huh:

1) So if I want to Gedify OR apply a new ROM which do I need Singray or Wingray????
2) Am I not understanding wingray/stingray? :unsure:
3) Is the app in error?

An help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance

ohio66

ohio66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Hello folks is my question above impossible to answer? am I not understanding something???

lanlith

lanlith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4
  • Twitter:@lanlith
if I recall correctly stingray is 3G, wingray is Wifi

is it completely stock? maybe the app only references one of the multiple types of Xoom...?

I posted a guide on my blog http://lanlith.blogs...-32-in-few.html for WiFi only xooms some time ago (july 2011 apparently) - that may help get started

Edited by lanlith, 18 February 2013 - 09:11 AM.

ohio66

ohio66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Hi Ianlith, sorry for the late reply due to holidays. My XOOM is completely stock and I am on Android 4.0.4. I am sure that all official support is finished so want to look at other firmware ie from cyanogen,EOS etc. I wanted to be sure I used the correct ROM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users