Xolo Bootloader unlocked , Moto JB ROM and CM in progress :O

Guest xgt001

Ok this is real.

Some folks shared the link to this. Xolo x900 running Moto JB ROM 4.1.2

post-986938-0-69884400-1360327461_thumb.

Seems legit, coz the image size was actually 1024*600, which is our phone res. This is Moto Razr JB ROM on our Xolo x900

Also the there were multiple statements that the bootloader has been unlocked for the phone and also that CM is coming soon for the phone as well. But for god knows what reasons, the original posters on the Facebook group wouldnt share the How - To for unlocking the bootloader and flashing Moto JB ROM...

If anyone finds the source for the how to for this, please please please share the link here

Guest BlueMoonRising

Where did you find this information? Can you post the link?

The image is easy enough to fake by the way.

Edit:- looking at it again I'm pretty sure it's a spoof, either on you or you on us.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

lol look at the kernel date that's the same as the ics xolo Rom bet its fake

Uhh no bro, they specifically said they have used Xolo kernel + Moto JB firmware.. and it definitely doesnt look photoshopped...

Where did you find this information? Can you post the link?

The image is easy enough to fake by the way.

Edit:- looking at it again I'm pretty sure it's a spoof, either on you or you on us.

aye no I am not faking it atleast.. this is the group where it was posted.. this is a closed group , but you will easily get to join...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/272895766165182/

So wait. If it is real. Then why would they not share it?

they shared couple of screenshots in the group thats ALL... which leaves me skeptical but still IF true... then would be a win... you can see that yourself in the group link posted above

Guest razzmataz1478

I'm in the group and I can't even find that screeny.

I think it's a prank..the uploader's been messing with build.prop and /dev

Edited by razzmataz1478

Guest Simon O

I doubt they have unlocked the bootloader but if they have then I hope they will share the information. Most likely they pushed the RAZR I system files over, booted up and see what doesn't work then replace various modules. The RAZR I is mostly the same as the reference platform. (I had this idea myself and I was going to do it when I had some free time so it would be interesting to see if somebody else has done it)

I would just love it if people did things in public instead of hiding behind closed groups. If we all did this then each and every one of us would still be stuck on the stock Orange ROM. Everything you can do on your phone today is all thanks to developers posting on Modaco.

(and if anybody from the group is reading.. please consider opening the group up or at the very least allow people from this forum to view. People that can help you!)

Guest BlueMoonRising

I've joined the group(as has Ricky) but there's no information on there although Ricky has asked them to PM him.

As razzmataz1478 says above, I think they've just edited build.prop and whatever else was needed to get the screenshot. Would be nice if it's true however.

Guest grizzlyflea

Its a real shame that people are messing around like this just for a laugh

I've joined the group(as has Ricky) but there's no information on there although Ricky has asked them to PM him.

As razzmataz1478 says above, I think they've just edited build.prop and whatever else was needed to get the screenshot. Would be nice if it's true however.

well there is another interesting activity as well... there was a comment that the entire thing is "trolling" after Ricky asked to PM about the stuff on the thread... but the comment was effectively deleted as well..

Meaning either this entire thing is a massive troll OR its true but they dont want to leak information until it's "Stable" .. I am pretty sure, Ricky and BlueMoonRising would have seen people whining even about minimally risky stuff such as root, so for me it does make sense about why they are not sharing this with the group itself... Helping everyone with a possible brick situation isnt very attractive :P ....

but on the other hand I am still wondering why they have not atleast PM'd Ricky or any knowledgeable person about it.

yup, the screens have been removed surprisingly but you can see people begging for How To's about JB in the whole thread (including me :P "Ganesh Hegde") ... luckily, Ricky has commented on the original thread which claimed that BL is unlocked asking to PM... let's see where it goes from here :(

Guest BlueMoonRising

well there is another interesting activity as well... there was a comment that the entire thing is "trolling" after Ricky asked to PM about the stuff on the thread... but the comment was effectively deleted as well..

Meaning either this entire thing is a massive troll OR its true but they dont want to leak information until it's "Stable" .. I am pretty sure, Ricky and BlueMoonRising would have seen people whining even about minimally risky stuff such as root, so for me it does make sense about why they are not sharing this with the group itself... Helping everyone with a possible brick situation isnt very attractive :P ....

but on the other hand I am still wondering why they have not atleast PM'd Ricky or any knowledgeable person about it.

Lol, that's true about people bricking it. Still would have expected some sort of explanation though, it suggests they thought they were being funny and have gone into hiding. We'll just have to wait and see.

My bad looks like I not only fell into the "troll" but also created this thread :( @Admin please delete this thread

Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience caused

Guest BlueMoonRising

Lol, hardly your fault. There's a lot of fools out there that just like to waste peoples time. Probably best to leave this thread up as it may dissuade someone new posting the same topic(admittedly the chances of someone actually using search and finding it are slim :( )

annnd turns out there was something afteralll :/

CWM pics have been posted by the same person in the FB group.. (@bluemoonrising already has seen it I reckon.. if yes please inform @rickywatt )

why cant they divulge anything! :@

Guest BlueMoonRising

annnd turns out there was something afteralll :/

CWM pics have been posted by the same person in the FB group.. (@bluemoonrising already has seen it I reckon.. if yes please inform @rickywatt )

why cant they divulge anything! :@

Already done.