Attempting to Unlock – AT Modem Commands

Guest intheblue

Guest intheblue

To start investigating how to unlock the device I am attempted to find a AT interface on the device. See these post on XDA Developers:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1483053

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1471241

I can’t find a way to get a serial interface from PC but can connect via the shell using:

microcom -t 10000 /dev/gsmtty1

However the above command just runs a XLOG of AT activity, when I try to use an AT Command it just crashes the modem and the phone needs to be rebooted

Anyone had any luck?

Warning: when messing with the baseband in this way be careful not to brick your device.

Edited by intheblue

Guest shootomanUK

i seen these threads a bit ago, but was a bit weary of trying anything incase something went wrong,

did you try cygwin to connect ?

if we could connect and communicate with the modem what are the chances of unlocking the phone ?

a quick read through the threads and i can't see any mention anything about unlocking the sim,

although he does mention that a part of the commands was using hacking the iphone ??

i want to try it but i wouldnt have a clue what to do when connected lol

Guest intheblue

i seen these threads a bit ago, but was a bit weary of trying anything incase something went wrong,

did you try cygwin to connect ?

if we could connect and communicate with the modem what are the chances of unlocking the phone ?

a quick read through the threads and i can't see any mention anything about unlocking the sim,

although he does mention that a part of the commands was using hacking the iphone ??

i want to try it but i wouldnt have a clue what to do when connected lol

Can't get a serial connection to the modem from the PC, no matter what client used. Can you?

Getting the AT interface connected would not necessarily provide a way to unlock the device but other devices that use the same baseband chip have used it in the unlocking process (e.g. LG P920 & P925). It could be a start.

It is unlikely that you would brick your phone but care is needed, sending random commands on an AT interface is a risk that I wouldn't take. It may also allow configuration of useful baseband features.