Root Huawei U8815 (Ascend G300) with Android 4.0.3

Guest amren

Hello...I have just got a Huawei G300 runing Android 4.0.3 and now I would like to root it..I have tried some variants but they seems to be working on version 4.0.3...THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ADVICE..

I maybe should tell you that I bought it from the shop (in Sweden) with 4.0.3 installed....I have downloaded ROM Manager but it say it must be rooted before I can reboot into Recovery, and when I try flash Clockwork Mode Recovery they ask me confirm model of mobile, but this model is not on the list..

Im so happy you want to help...I tried now your second offer and get message "demon starting succesfully"..but after that "error, device not found"...even if I know the drivers are installed in my laptop...I will try now your first option...

Im so happy you want to help...I tried now your second offer and get message "demon starting succesfully"..but after that "error, device not found"...even if I know the drivers are installed in my laptop...I will try now your first option...

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/root/

Troubleshooting

If you are stuck on < waiting for device > for longer than 10 minutes, or receive error device not found, unplug the cable from your computer and plug it into another USB port. It's best to plug it into a port on the back of your computer. If this doesn't fix the problem, disconnect your phone, restart your computer and phone, and then try again. If this still doesn't fix the problem, make sure you have installed the USB drivers correctly.

I have been following the trouble shooting advice...and also checked that the drivers are in my laptop..(I for instance have no problem to read the memorycard I have in the mobile in my laptop....The drivers installed in my laptop (Windows 8) are: Handset Win driver 1.02.03.00...Very strange....

Guest bladebuddy

USB debugging definitely ticked.

Phone turned on and running and NOT in bootloader mode.

As these are the common mistakes , including the drivers not being installed. J

Thanks I have tried agin and checked that USB debugging mode is ticked, phone is turned on and runing...and the drivers are installed...VEEERY STRANGE...

I maybe should tell you that I bought it from the shop (in Sweden) with 4.0.3 installed....I have downloaded ROM Manager but it say it must be rooted before I can reboot into Recovery, and when I try flash Clockwork Mode Recovery they ask me confirm model of mobile, but this model is not on the list..

First step is to get it rooted - once you get around your current problems and manage that I don't think that you'll be able to use ROM Manager to install CWM. Last time I tried it couldn't find CWM for it. Presumably because the current CWM is unofficial? Anyway - the unlock/root/recovery tutorials mentioned earlier explain hwo to get CWM installed.

Now I have tried to install the drivers on two different laptops, one with Windows 8 and one with Windows Vista.....when installing the drivers at the Vista laptop I can see that all parts are installed....EXEPT the part named "Android"..here it say that "Userdata is needed"...Never experanced that before.....I guess this is what prevent Everything..

Guest bladebuddy

Now I have tried to install the drivers on two different laptops, one with Windows 8 and one with Windows Vista.....when installing the drivers at the Vista laptop I can see that all parts are installed....EXEPT the part named "Android"..here it say that "Userdata is needed"...Never experanced that before.....I guess this is what prevent Everything..

I don't know what rom you are on but when you connect to the p.c do you see the driver package and 2 separate storage driveD e.t.c.

THANK YOU ALL...I finally succed to root...After delete and than download the drivers again to my Vistalaptop..Everything works fine to root...AGAIN THANK YOU ALL, WITHOUT YOU HAVE HAVE NEVER SUCCED...

EXEPT the part named "Android"..here it say that "Userdata is needed"

Not sure what you're referring to. When I install the drivers:

http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-usb-drivers/

I get the folder hierarchy below and don't see anything named "Android"...

C:\Program Files\Handset WinDriver

Driver

X64

X86

hotfix

kb945436

Generic

SP2QFE

SP3QFE

update

Language

kb959765