Multitouch behaving strangely

Guest chadlost

Guest chadlost

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this board, and first of all I'd like to thank you all for this wounderful board!

I was wondering if something could be done for LM's touchscreen: whenever I play a game, the controller acts like crazy with the multitouch: character backflipping, or game acting like I swiped the whole screen from left to right. I wondered what was going on (however it has been doing this since day one), and tried to use one of those touchscreen tools for testing multitouch.

Then I found out that whenever you lift your thumb from one side from the screen and at the same thime try touching the other side with your other thumb, the display acts like you made one big instantaneous swipe from left to right or from right to left.

Here's an image which might better explain the issue than my words: http://img688.images...7415776255.png

I asked a friend of mine to try the same application on his phone, and he noticed his one doing the same thing, meaning it's not a defect in our phones but in the LM itself.

Did you guys notice the same issue? Do you think there might be a way to solve it?

I tried lots of things, including installing CM7, but neither got it to work; I'm guessing it might be a driver problem, but I lack the required knowledge for making changes on that level.

Edited by chadlost

Which game did you try ??

also which app did you use to test it??

my MT used to work fine with up to 4 finger multi-touch

Try using touch screen calibration tool see if it works (shot in the dark ;) )

Guest chadlost

Happens in almost any game, in some is more evident than the others (in NOVA made it unplayable, whereas in Dead Space is a little more bearable, but during fights is quite annoying); I tried the touchscreen calibration tool (the one which required to flash the froyo rom, right?). I tested with Touch Test from Moonblink (the one in the screenshot) and Touchutil, they show the same issue!

Happens in almost any game, in some is more evident than the others (in NOVA made it unplayable, whereas in Dead Space is a little more bearable, but during fights is quite annoying); I tried the touchscreen calibration tool (the one which required to flash the froyo rom, right?). I tested with Touch Test from Moonblink (the one in the screenshot) and Touchutil, they show the same issue!

try the one from vache's site

Guest chadlost

Thanks, but that tool is for the Acer A510 :(

About the service center, it's already been there for a faulty display :( I wonder if this issue might be due to a fauly batch since the same thing happens to that friend of mine.