official Nexus 7 dock available

Guest comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

So there are finally signs of the official dock .... £24.99 from Asus IF you can get one.

Notes if you're interested:

Charging only through the dock (no charger included)

Audio out either through dock or external speakers is a selectable option in the OS

Some additional dock features enabled in the OS while docked

Tablet's micro-usb IS still useable for OTG functions while docked and charging :D

Anybody managed to get a right angle otg cable that hangs downward with the tablet in landscape? Damn Google and Asus for their backward socket......

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest Sn0warmy

Still so annoyed by this. How is it possible that Asus can't create enough to have a legitimate stock? Between the N7 debacle, then the N4 with LG/Google, the N4 wireless Orb and this dock, it's astonishing to me that these companies are still in business.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andybarker

Does anyone know if I order now, if I can change the delivery address later on? I'd rather not wait until I move, as I know these things often sell out very quickly.

Edit: Scratch that - all gone already! Maybe next time.

Edited by andybarker

• 1 month later...
Guest BiggerBaloo

I managed to get one, and I must say I'm quite disappointed with it. I wish I'd looked for some others, or maybe a universal one, but I got a bee in my bonnet about wanting a genuine one - thinking it would be better.

• It doesn't sit perfectly against the terminals, and at almost every touch loses connection to the dock (it's no better for the non-3g one either, my son has one)
  • It doesn't charge anywhere near as good as it should (even when you plug the same mains charger in) - if your watching a video with it sat in the dock, your draining more power than your putting in.
  • You can't USB tether when sat in the dock by connecting the dock to the computer
  • No speakers built in (but I knew that before I bought it) - just has a 3.5 mm audio jack on the back
  • It doesn't come with it's own power source (again I knew, but think it's a shame)

I think it should be referred to as a holder as opposed to a dock, since that's really all it's good for. I don't think it represents good value, and it's the last time I opt genuine in the hope for better quality.