MTP problem

Guest BrtH

Since I bought the cloudmobile a month ago, I have not managed to get MTP to work. I'm currently running the Cirrus 1.0.5b rom, but I also had this problem with the leaked JB rom and the stock ICS. When I plug in the phone, it doesn't show up in explorer as a mtp device. Device management tells me that an unknow device with the name 'MTP' is connected, but it can't find drivers for it. I completely removed the acer drivers and reinstalled them, but that didn't work. I've also tried the pdanet android drivers, but that didn't work either.

What can I do to make mtp work? Having to transfer files with adb or pulling out the external sd is getting really annoying :(.

There are a few file explorers based on ADB floating around on the internet, for both windows and linux, iirc. Have you tried those? Till now I have used adb push/pull on command line (never ever tried MTP - linux guy here), but I may try a linux ADB graphical file explorer soon ;-)

Edit: just installed QtADB, seems to work pretty well, there are versions for both linux and windows, and it do a lot of things beside beeing a file explorer ;)

Edited by gkai

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cjyap

If you are using Windows XP, try to update Windows Media player to latest version.

I have the same problem before, and that solved my problem. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Neosin1987

hello i have maby the solution :P

go to divse manger wen your phone conectet

go to portable divese and uni uninstall acer mtp driver

disconect all usb divises exept mouse ant key bord

reboot pc an conect youre acer

works for me :P so