[Q]has anyone successful unlock osd and

Guest leepeter197924

Guest leepeter197924

if not im on pay as you go atm what newwork is the best to go with orange t-mobile or virginmedia,and which bundle i perfer low cost if not with some internet allowrance,thanks

ps: can osd use virginmedia sim card without unlocking?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Have to disagree, Virgin look better, that said it entirely depends on your particular needs. You can use Virgin in an unlocked OSD as said.

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paygSimCardOnly.do

Big Data & Texts

Tweet, post, comment, browse 24/7 with unlimited data:

• Top up £10 in a month and get unlimited data & 300 texts
  • Top up £15 in a month and get unlimited data & unlimited texts
  • You’ll be able to use that £10 or £15 airtime too

Or http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do for some pretty damn good sim only contracts(even better if you have Virgin Media).

Although there are some decent sim only contracts on T-Mobile at the moment:- http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/sim-only/plans/

GiffGaff are the other obvious candidates but you need an unlocked phone and they use the O2 network which may or may not be a problem for you.

Guest teacake

For information.

I can use a virgin sim in a locked OSD fine in the UK but it did not work for me when out of the UK. It would not register with other networks even T-mobile.

Edited by teacake

Guest David Mo

For information.

I can use a virgin sim in a locked OSD fine in the UK but it did not work for me when out of the UK. It would not register with other networks even T-mobile.

That was most likely because roaming was not enabled.

Regarding network choice, i have to agree with Bluemoonrising, Virgin have some great deals ATM. I've just initiated a SIM only deal offering 1200mins, unltd text and 1Gb for £12pm on a 30day rolling contract. This was for my mother-in-law though I'm tempted to join them soon if 3 don't rise to the challenge in a couple of months when my SIMO is due to renew. 'Biggest' issue is no TCB or Quidco with Virgin.

Guest BlueMoonRising

For information.

From the Virgin website :-

Using your SIM in an iPhone?

Please note that for the time being international data roaming will not work in an iPhone. Calls and WiFi are not affected.

And from Wikipedia :-

The imei(International Mobile Station Equipment Identity) is used by a GSM network to identify valid devices and can be used for stopping a phone from accessing that network.

Our imei apparently matches the layout of the iPhone(which is why you go to the iPhone section if phoning Orange), I suspect that even with roaming enabled you'll be crippled abroad for texts and data unless using WiFi.

Anyone thinking of using Virgin with our OSD would need to check beforehand.