• Please log in to reply
444 replies to this topic

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Spoke too soon. My SD card is fried. Scandisk, didnt take long to fail. So havign to depend on the internal 2GB storage space.
Issue is that it keeps resettingitself and looking for ht SD, external card all the time. Manually having to change the setting is becoming time consuming.

Is there a fix for this? or is it a known issue?

Internal Storage - Link2SD (is this it???)
http://www.solidfile...m/d/b39a2d490c/

Edited by ptoner, 20 August 2013 - 11:49 AM.

Dovahpig

Dovahpig

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Devices:Telenor Touch Plus

I totally disagree with you about Greenify mate . If nothing this little app saves me battery and ram usage like never before.

Just curious why you think that Greenify is crap?

Sorry, you were right. I tryed Greenify year and some ago when it came out and it used more then 60mb of ram in background to save like 70 or so which seemed crap to me. Today it uses only 20 and its lightweight so things improved.
But i still think other battery and ram boosters are crap :D

Tatoro

Tatoro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@Tatoro
Anyone else having random SD-card unmounts with this? Didn´t happened with my old 8GB kingston, but 16GB is doing it.

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Yep, happened to me before the card failed altogether.
I would ensure that you back up your card as soon as possible.

The ROM seems to burn out the SD cards very quickly, mine was a ScanDisk 32GB card. In use for 8 months until failure. Was properly formatted using SDFormatter as well.

Any assistance yet on the ROM always wantign to switch to external card for storage purposes?

dus40

dus40

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300

Dont´t know what I did, but now I´m getting atleast gmail notifications.

I'm having the same problem with notifications (gmail, yahoo mail). They are still not present till i install v13. Il you find what solve the problem for you, thanks to give a feedback !

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I don't know if you have noticed it, but there is a common bug on the huawei g300, that whenever we connect the smartphone to a laptop/notebook, the ringtone reverts to the default one, does anyone here knows how to fix for this bug? It's quite annoying losing the ringtone settings

Edited by viggen66, 22 August 2013 - 04:32 PM.

Tatoro

Tatoro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

I'm having the same problem with notifications (gmail, yahoo mail). They are still not present till i install v13. Il you find what solve the problem for you, thanks to give a feedback !

I got my gmail-notifications back when I disabled that "mail-sorting"-thing, don't know if it had nothing to do with that but

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Been a while since I posted here.

Been running Slim for ages (v13) as it is the best ROM for this phone IMHO

I just DL'd PaulM's Kernal #15 to run with this. How do you set the overclocking? Do you DL a separate app or am I missing a hidden system option?

Where did you download the PaulM's Kernal #15, is it worthwhile doing it? does it have a significant improvement?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
DELETE

(I spoke too soon :P)

Edited by kyan31, 26 August 2013 - 09:59 PM.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dus40

dus40

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
Hi. After testing many rom (GB : AtomicMOD, ICS : CM9, stock+, infusion, slim, JB: slimbean, CM10.1, AOKP,...) slimv13 is my favorite, fast, stable, no reeboot, no major bug, battery... The only issue i have : caller id is not always displayed when my phone is ringing (only number is displayed, even number is in in my contact, with the same format that is displayed on screen call). I tried this fix :
http://www.modaco.co...id-lag-updated/
but issue is still present.. any idea ?
Thanks a lor

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Also there's a bug which whenever you connect the phone to your laptop you lose your ring tone settings, but this bug is common to all ics roms not this particular one, but you are right the best ROM out there is this one, even the battery has the best results for me

dus40

dus40

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
I found a workaround for ringtones setting : install ES explorer, when choosing your ringtone, use ES Explorer (not Android system). When connecting my phone to my PC, settings didn't disapear anymore... Hope this helps !

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
I have installed this rom Slim V13 together with paul's kernel #19, I must say, it's excellent, I have never seen my smartphone as just fast as it is now, but I don't know if Paul's Kernels probably drains the battery a little bit faster, but on the default kernel this rom has, I notice sometimes a random lag, that takes some seconds to overcome, it's really weird, because there's no reason for that, have you notice a big lag from now and then on this rom?

OmnioPT

OmnioPT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 / THL W200
Have this rom the Bravia Engine?

Cheers!

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Just install pimp my ROM and install it. Does not come install.... Clue in the name.... SLIM

bjasspa

bjasspa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
First a big thank you to this community as it very much helped me take the first steps towards rooting my phone and never looked back.

I've had 3 SD cards (32Gb) fail on 2 different G300 phones, Not convinced this can just be hardware faiure (2 were top notch sandisk bought at different times). I have moved over to Samsung and so far so good... but one thing I did learn through this process was that if I used the SD card as the primary storage then when they failed I lost almost everything of value. After 2 failures I swapped to internal storage and while 2Gb for apps is pretty small, not only does this mean that if/when the SDcard blows its a lot, lot better, I also think it reduces the load on the SDcard so will reduce failure rate.

Which brings me on to my alterior motive for posting - I was looking for a slimer, faster ROM - found this one and on the whole I've very please with it, with one exception - the 'Default storage location' always reverts back to SDcard on reboot. Once booted I can change it to 'Internal storage' but thats a real pain to do every time!

So far I have tried:
- editing build.prop's and set 'persist.sys.main_storage' to internal_sd
- Edited /etc/vold.fstab returning it back to as it was before (i.e. huawei's)
- changed build.prop ro.emmc.sdcard.partition to 16 (as per huawei's setting)
- Swapped internal_sd.fstab & external_sd.fstab files around

Amazingly I haven't bricked the phone yet :D but neither have I found a fix :( . Anybody got any ideas? reckon I'm going to have to start again (with oall my hacking who knows what state its in) but would like to stick with Slim-v13 if I can get a fix to this.

Thanks in advance... Steve

(was thinking of posting on the original HTCMania thread but my spanish isn't very good :unsure: )

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Mentioned the SD card burnout as well in a previous post. Thee defaulting of the storage to the SD after reboots is annoying as something in the system is definitely causing the SD cards to burn out.
The ROM maker does log in here occasionally, or he used to. I think he has taken the ROM as far as here thought he needed to. Maybe a quick post on HTC mania linking to here might get his attention.

TiMi79

TiMi79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Mentioned the SD card burnout as well in a previous post. Thee defaulting of the storage to the SD after reboots is annoying as something in the system is definitely causing the SD cards to burn out.
The ROM maker does log in here occasionally, or he used to. I think he has taken the ROM as far as here thought he needed to. Maybe a quick post on HTC mania linking to here might get his attention.

I think his sd cards are burn out before he installed slim rom?
I am having slim for 3 weeks with transcend 32 gig class 10 sd card, and so far so good!

bjasspa

bjasspa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the responses, my SD cards burnt out while using the original Huawei GB (I think, one may have been with the Huawei ICS). Since moving to Samsung SDcards and changing the default storage to internal I haven't had a problem, so if someone if having a lot of SD failure I do suggest trying to chage the default storage. (As a side note one factor may be the location of the sdcard in this phone - the burnouts may be caused by game playing (not me :blush: ) over cooking the card so I also made sure the new cards were heat resistent)

I have also made some progress with my Slim issue, I managed to edit the vold.fstab file such that the phone now things the internal card is the external & external is the internal. this means that with the default storage set to SD card it is now mounting the internal as /mnt/sdcard/ and the external as /mnt/sdcard2/ which does meet my main requirement.

However, putting aside the obvious unknowns of a very confused phone, there is one obvious issue, with the phone thinking the external is the internal, it allows me to Unmount the internal card but not the external! Basically I can't safely remove the card while the phone is on. Also I suspect the special 'sd-ext' location which should always be external won't be, but I'm not sure how to check that.

So I would perfer a better fix to this if possible...

Tatoro

Tatoro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Is out there any flashable stock battery icon? All I have found also does something to notification bar, and makes it ICS-like, and I can't flash toggles. .. oh, i can but they don't show.

Edited by Tatoro, 08 September 2013 - 12:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users