have a look

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

Started running this yesterday after you posted it.
Added init.d support , stuck Paul millabanks kernel on and v6 super charger. And I am really liking it . The screen shot on the notification toggles is a nice extra. I also flashed the Potter unlock , and it works better then it did on GB.
All in all its a keeper and a nice stable rom even the game play is reasonable.
Thanks for passing it on NICE FIND.

Can u upload your version with the extra bits as would like to test it.thanks

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

You have already mentioned that you like Cyder's stock+ "me to".
All I have done is add the same scripts e.t.c.
When I set this rom up I had to reboot it for chainfire , addfree e.t.c to take affect.
Each time I rebooted ,I got a unclean error for my CPU over clocking values.
The init.d support is easy to add , just a folder in system/ etc with the added script from the link sorted out this problem, not needed for this purpose if it doesn't affect you, still nice to have to run other scripts.
The super charger just makes scrolling smoother and the launcher feel more snappy.
I have added links to both unit.d support and v6 super charger , they are quite simple to add , if you read the posts.

http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=5021

http://www.xda-devel...y-rooted-phone/

Just have a play and see what you think.
I personally feel it gives this rom that stock+ feel.
Well thanks again for the heads up on this rom and I hope you find this useful. J

Cheers. it's almost a shame Daz has released a new cm10 Rom, coz I want to try out both! Have to say that if cm battery and occasional data locks are fixed then it's the best out there, but of not, then this Rom is the best of the stock based ones for sure.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

You have already mentioned that you like Cyder's stock+ "me to".
All I have done is add the same scripts e.t.c.
When I set this rom up I had to reboot it for chainfire , addfree e.t.c to take affect.
Each time I rebooted ,I got a unclean error for my CPU over clocking values.
The init.d support is easy to add , just a folder in system/ etc with the added script from the link sorted out this problem, not needed for this purpose if it doesn't affect you, still nice to have to run other scripts.
The super charger just makes scrolling smoother and the launcher feel more snappy.
I have added links to both unit.d support and v6 super charger , they are quite simple to add , if you read the posts.

http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=5021

http://www.xda-devel...y-rooted-phone/

Just have a play and see what you think.
I personally feel it gives this rom that stock+ feel.
Well thanks again for the heads up on this rom and I hope you find this useful. J

had a quick look... seems a lot of hassle, does it really make much difference? this Rom seems smooth enough already m

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300

had a quick look... seems a lot of hassle, does it really make much difference? this Rom seems smooth enough already m

Not that much to be truthful.

Biohazard

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Can u upload your version with the extra bits as would like to test it.thanks

The extra bits are addons written in Spanish, first page download link.
You can understand the links as they say "Potter unlock" notification toggles e.t.c. J.

Biohazard

mnirun

mnirun

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I'm testing this ROM, really love it :)

About phone:

Posted Image

Huawei P1 Profile Switcher addon:

Posted Image Posted Image

Huawei P1 notification addon:

Posted Image Posted Image

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

The extra bits are addons written in Spanish, first page download link.
You can understand the links as they say "Potter unlock" notification toggles e.t.c. J.

I was refering to the extra scripts.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
Sorry :o Already posted them in a reply to Tangerine Tractor.
Cheers J.

Biohazard

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Sorry :o Already posted them in a reply to Tangerine Tractor.
Cheers J.

Oh okay.are they easy steps.would it be easy to rrpack your version and upload?

thepolodoc

thepolodoc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:G300 and HTC Explorer
  • Twitter:@thepolodoc
This rom is very, very fast. Very impressed so far and no problem with two days general usage. Also games are very nice to play now.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Hi, it's funny to see this thread in Modaco, I never did it myself because I thought there were many good roms here. I'm glad some of you are liking it. :P
Anyway, the file /system/etc/gps.conf has some spanish servers, but also some european servers. You may want to replace these lines and use some servers from your country, or you can simply delete them.

NTP_SERVER=hora.roa.es
NTP_SERVER=0.es.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.es.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.es.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.es.pool.ntp.org

Thanks for you're work on this. I am personally loving you're rom.
Well done. You're an asset to the G300 community here in the U.K.

Biohazard

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
how does this rom compare with other roms, I'm using badui but has slight keyboard/contacts lag but battery is great.

how is the battery on this one?

i know there's new lighting rom and also cm10.1 which has few issues. has anyone tried all these and would comment whether this one is any better.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
OK, tried CM10.1 got lots of fcs. Tried lightning new one laast night, works fine, but definitely laggier than this. This rom with Paul's kernel and oclocked to 1.19 is rock solid and is as fast as anything I've tried. Battery life is very good, nothing noticeably wrong, so as good if not better than aything else. Just about to try the new release of CM 10 r6, se ehow that goes - all other CM versions give me data lockup soccasionally though, so be interesting to try. This rom is now going be my "go to" reliable rom if I have issues on CMetc.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 18 February 2013 - 12:49 PM.

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne
i thought i'd try this rom to see the performance, and its amazing lol! best ics rom ive used till now. ultra smooth, very good ram & battery

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
installed last night nice rom, does the v6 supercharger make big difference if so how do i install it?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Tried cm10 last night, still getting mobile data issues, so back to this. it's as fast as any out there, and absolutely rock solid. the only thing I'm missing from jb is the ability to delete aqua mail messages directly from the notification tray, which is the only thing that would make me switch to a jb Rom. not a big issue.
not installed supercharger, don't know how...

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

not installed supercharger, don't know how...

There is a big thread on installing Supercharger over on XDA. As much as I love Supercharger it is a pain in the ass to install, so I just use this now: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1305060

It doesn't almost exactly the same job as Supercharger but is as easy to install as any other app. I bought the pro version ages ago and haven't used Supercharger since.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Cheers Cyda, and welcome back. This is a nice Rom, it's like an evolution of Stock+

Just tried rom manager, didn;t notice any difference, in fact if anything it felt slighly laggier. This is a pretty slick rom already.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 19 February 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Cheers Cyda, and welcome back. This is a nice Rom, it's like an evolution of Stock+

Just tried rom manager, didn;t notice any difference, in fact if anything it felt slighly laggier. This is a pretty slick rom already.

If the rom uses decent init.d/ram scripts then you would see very little difference. I've never seen Ram manager add any lag, or ever read any reports of it in the xda thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users