444 replies to this topic

viggen66

viggen66

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Dayler I'm sorry now I understand , actually I still have the original b952 stored on the SD card but don't know how to re-install again the official rom from Huawei and fix the bootloader, never thought it was hacked hence the reboots and signal losses, the first step is to re install but there's no option on cwm or on the phone itself to do that

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Dayler I'm sorry now I understand , actually I still have the original b952 stored on the SD card but don't know how to re-install again the official rom from Huawei and fix the bootloader, never thought it was hacked hence the reboots and signal losses, the first step is to re install but there's no option on cwm or on the phone itself to do that

Read the official bootloader unlock tutorial - it explains how to restore the original bootloader by installing, say, stock ICS B952.

You can unlock for free using DC unlocker without waiting on getting the code from Huawei.

Almost everything you have asked so far is already answered here on the forum and I and others have even answered your questions again by posting info and links but you really don't seem to be reading them!

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Yes, B952-slim-v11 is out with many changes:

Ouch Kernel 1.4 (thanks kra1o5)
Multibaseband: it works in GB & ICS (thanks Dazzozo)
Power Toggles CM10 style (thanks tillaz)
QuickPanel Settings to configure power toggles
Reboot to recovery in power menu (thanks tillaz)
Caller ID fix (thanks cjcandrei & tillaz)
Default alarm sound fixed (thanks drituss)
Updated SuperSu 1.25
Use Busybox from CM9
Use APN from CM9

LINK: http://www.solidfile...m/d/297e800ea3/

It's best if you don't change the kernel, since the rom needs Ouch kernel 1.4 to set the correct libcm.so to be used. If you are in ICS and don't plan to change baseband, you could change the kernel, but I couldn't confirm if it works. There is also an app to configure the power toggles called QuickPanel Settings, you need to move the toggles before the app starts working. This only happens the first time you use it, after that it will work as expected.

I can't get this to work. There's only 5 toggles showing in the dropdown, so I can't scroll them (I assume that's what you meant by "move the toggles") and so QuickPanel never starts working.

I've also found if I set brightness to Auto, it just puts it on max all the time.

Apart from those problems, it seems like a nice snappy ROM though.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Another problem I'm having is that Google Play services keeps crashing and also I get another message about "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" even if I'm not in the Play Store but if I do go into it, I can't Update apps as it doesn't work.

Do I need to install an update for gapps or something or do I need to reflash b952-slim-v13 and restore my launcher/apps all over again (I haven't restored a lot of the apps, just the ones I use a lot for now, so I wouldn't have thought any of the apps would have caused the problem)?

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

OK, I stopped the error messages by uninstalling Google Play Services and I can use the Play Store now. I think if it's needed, it will automatically reinstall the Play Services and I'll have to see if it still has problems then.

I'm trying to install TWRP from here now http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/136 but when I open Goo Manager and select Install OpenRecovery Script, it says No Recoveries were found for your device.

Has anyone tried either of these and found them beneficial with this ROM?

http://www.modaco.co.../page-1?hl=slim

http://www.modaco.co.../page-1?hl=slim

GHE_1908

GHE_1908

Regular

• Moderator Team
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:Trying to sound smart
  • Devices:All the Nexus, G300, i9000

Nice find tt, 

Feel free to press the Posted Image button, in the bottom right hand corner of my posts, I won't bite. :P

Roms I have used (i9000)-

Spoiler

Roms I have used (G300)-

Spoiler

Phones I have used-

Spoiler

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

I've also found if I set brightness to Auto, it just puts it on max all the time.

I don't recall this problem on superslim.

Are you sure that your ambient light sensor is working?
I'm sure there's an app or two on the Play Store to check it.

Edited by dalyer, 05 January 2014 - 05:54 PM.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

I don't recall this problem on superslim.

Are you sure that your ambient light sensor is working?
I'm sure there's an app or two on the Play Store to check it.

It's weird but a day or two later it started working OK, maybe it needed a reboot or something, as I'm pretty sure I did at least one of those before I noticed it was OK again.

tiagolns

tiagolns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello All,

Wondering if this is still  a solid ROM to use,on a daily basis.

I am now using GBExtreme, and it really goes smooth,but I don't like GB (speciall because of Gmail and Tapatalk app's).

I have the bootloader locked (or unofficially unlocked), and when using Stock + I usually get some 3g reboots.

Is there any ICS / JB that you recommend with GB baseband?

I would like to try this one, but it's taking ages to download....Does someone have a mirror download for this, I cannot get this download from Solidfile (it says it takes up to 4 hours, and stops downloading on 15 MB...)

Cheers,

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

I have the bootloader locked (or unofficially unlocked), and when using Stock + I usually get some 3g reboots.

Is there any ICS / JB that you recommend with GB baseband?

If you are going to use ICS/JB/KK then you will really need to do an official unlock of the stock ICS bootloader to avoid the 3G reboots,

Running on the GB baseband is not going to help that specific problem.

tiagolns

tiagolns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

If you are going to use ICS/JB/KK then you will really need to do an official unlock of the stock ICS bootloader to avoid the 3G reboots,

Running on the GB baseband is not going to help that specific problem.

Thank you for the reply  dayler!

So what you're saying is that still on GB baseband 3g reboots will happen?

I believe jsevi, in the original forum post, says the only difference between 109808 and 2030 is the possibility of OC (or not.)

So what is the purpose of the multibaseband?

@All,

Is there anybody who have the zip file of this ROM that can upload in a mirror  please? I was willing to try this one, but cannot download from solidfile.

Mn thanks!

dinamo1975

dinamo1975

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

@All,

Is there anybody who have the zip file of this ROM that can upload in a mirror  please? I was willing to try this one, but cannot download from solidfile.

Mn thanks!

in CWM:

1. install B-952-v13-Slim_ByDan_White: https://mega.co.nz/#...5kFUp_AKYcMPK60

2. and then, if u don't want IP Call in Dialer.apk, install this: Disable-IP-Call: https://mega.co.nz/#...7gyRPpTiIIQ7UU0

Edited by dinamo1975, 05 March 2014 - 08:16 AM.

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

So what you're saying is that still on GB baseband 3g reboots will happen?

I believe jsevi, in the original forum post, says the only difference between 109808 and 2030 is the possibility of OC (or not.)

So what is the purpose of the multibaseband?

It's the hacked/unofficially unlocked bootloader (G300bootloader.exe utility from the "explained like you're 5 tutorial") that causes the 3G reboots.

The baseband is irrelevant in this case.

Hacked ICS bootloader with either baseband may cause the 3G reboots.

If you are running ICS/JB/KK and want to avoid 3G reboots then you really need to do an official unlock of the stock ICS bootloader as per george109's detailed tutorial.

The advantage of multi baseband ROMs/tweaks is that you can use either baseband.

In the past some people didn't want the hassle of changing basebands.

Probably not such a big deal these days since we have the zips for easily upgrading/downgrading the baseband from CWM.

Some of the stuff here is historical/legacy and overtaken by events when people found newer and more creative ways to deal with certain problems... :)

Edited by dalyer, 05 March 2014 - 09:35 AM.

lobespear

lobespear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:G300

is Slim ICS supposed to include a sound recorder? it doesnt seem to have one? if not, is there any way to get the huawei stock B952 sound recorder? (i tried flashing the one in the "stock apps/mods for G300" thread http://www.modaco.co...s-for-the-g300/ but it doesn't install anything).

EDIT: found sound recorder! its in the "guide-upgrade-and-downgrade-the-g300-between-gb-ics-and-jb-with-downloads" thread http://www.modaco.co...with-downloads/  

BUT THIS PROBLEM REMAINS:

similarly, there was a "Downloads" app on huawei stock B952 which is missing in Slim ICS, any way to get that back? 

Edited by lobespear, 07 March 2014 - 02:00 PM.

milanfcb

milanfcb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've installed B-952-v13-Slim_ByDan_White, but the app that I need (GoogleCalendarAdapter) isn't in this package. So, I tried to install it manually from gapps package, but it won't work. Do you know is there a specific version of this apk file that I have to install in order to work properly?

dinamo1975

dinamo1975

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I've installed B-952-v13-Slim_ByDan_White, but the app that I need (GoogleCalendarAdapter) isn't in this package. So, I tried to install it manually from gapps package, but it won't work. Do you know is there a specific version of this apk file that I have to install in order to work properly?

in CWM install this

Attached Files

styrofoam

styrofoam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Hello,

Sorry for my English language! 

I looove this Rom, fast and stable, but I have small bug with the sound when I listen to a ringtone, it makes "electronic" noise, I unchecked DSP, be the cause, but it always does! 

Any idea? 

Thank you!

pickarooney

pickarooney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Acer A510

Does this ROm allow for USB mass storage?

How is the battery life?

Dammit, can the OP be edited to mention that the download link from that forum is infested with spyware?

Edited by pickarooney, 14 April 2014 - 10:11 AM.

styrofoam

styrofoam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
Does this ROm allow for USB mass storage?
Yes!

How is the battery life?
Very good!

Dammit, can the OP be edited to mention that the download link from that forum is infected with spyware?
No spyware in the link!

pickarooney

pickarooney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Acer A510

From the spanish site linked in the OP, the download link is

DESCARGA: http://www.solidfile...m/d/41a8392e13/

The green download button at that link (but not the direct download link) is an EXE which installs 4 spyware programs and messes with browser homepage settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users