452 replies to this topic

styrofoam

styrofoam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Yes it's true, you must click on "direct download link" under the green button, it is ok!

mythb

mythb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G301
  • Twitter:@mythbrk
I have orientation delay. as 2-3 sec, how i can fix that? Or change delay

laurisss

laurisss

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:Girls :3
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

From the spanish site linked in the OP, the download link is

DESCARGA: http://www.solidfile...m/d/41a8392e13/

The green download button at that link (but not the direct download link) is an EXE which installs 4 spyware programs and messes with browser homepage settings.

You have to press the "Direct download link" ... 

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition | GPU: AMD R9 270 | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COLLER: Zalman CNPS5X

Garlic84

Garlic84

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:huawei g300

Signature Verify fail….- rooted Huawei G300 ,officially unlocked bootloader , rom B952-slim-v13 Multibaseband

Hi

I have a Huawei g300 and I have rooted it (bootloader was unlocked officially, using code from Huawei) and successfully installed this rom. I was very pleased with it but today all of a sudden after restarting my phone shows following: “Signature Verify Fail! Please update your image to a signature official one. You can remove battery for power down.” I can’t go to the recovery and phone doesn’t charge but I have spare full battery. When pressing down/up volume pink screen appear.Any ideas how to resolve this?

I came across this solution http://www.modaco.co...-upgrade/page-2  where you need to go the Huawei website and download B895 DOWNGRADE.Is this correct procedure ? As I said; I’m rooted and was running mentioned rom.

Also any ideas, how this has happened??!! have never installed any updates/downgrades-I have just restarted the phone!

Thanks for your replies

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Having a weird problem trying to change SIM here. I'm currently on Tesco (O2) and that works fine and I get full signal bars at home. When I put in a Three SIM, it won't let me disable the WiFi, as when I do it just turns itself back on again, along with Data. I can disable Data by itself but when I disable WiFi it turns both back on again. I also have no signal, or maybe 1 bar.

Is there an incompatibility with this ROM or Phone and Three?

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

There seems to be an issue with this ROM and Barcode Scanner, as it says "Sorry the Android camera encountered a problem. You may need to restart the device" when I launch it. The Camera app itself launches OK though.

I was planning to give my G300 to a friend with Textsecure installed but that relies on Barcode Scanner, hence why I need it. Is there a fix for this (I've just done a factory reset and encrypted it to get it ready for my friend) or will I just need to use a different ROM and if so, which is the best option. I do prefer Slim for the amount of RAM it leaves free but I can't give my friend something that's not working properly :)

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,747 posts

Why not try GBXTREME?

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Why not try GBXTREME?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a go.

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

GBXTREME works very nicely with the G300 but unfortunately Google Keyboard isn't compatible with it, which is a problem, nor does it have the option to encrypt storage, which is a big issue as well, so I'd prefer to come back to Slim if anyone is able to find the problem that's preventing Barcode Scanner working.

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

OK, so I've flashed back to B952-slim-v13 By Dan White as I needed the encrypt storage option, which is missing from GB.

I've more or less followed the instructions here http://www.modaco.co...-5#entry2092374 although to be precise I've:

Wipe data[/size]
wipe cache
format system
format data
format cache
wipe dalvik cache
install rom zip
boot phone
sign in
let it install all my apps from play[/size] store (not much, as this is a new phone/account for my friend)
Install rom toolbox - gives a good[/size] way to boot recovery without pulling the battery! (I might use an Xposed module which puts the Reboot/Recovery option in the power menu instead though).
Install Pimp my Rom to overclock to 1.19 and SmartAssV2 and make these tweaks to hopefully fix the Caller ID lag: http://www.modaco.co...-3#entry2111548
Use Pimp my Rom to enable init.d then reboot
Use Rom Toolbox lite to set DNS to Google, although that doesn't seem to work as after I tap Apply, when I come back later the Override on Wifi and Mobile buttons are both off. OpenVPN can't connect to the vpngate.net server I'd got it working with anymore either, nor another one I've tried adding. Orbot still works though, so maybe it's just a coincidence.

I haven't converted Apex Launcher to a system app as I'm not going to pay £3.99 for it just to do that, so is there any other free app that will let me do that? I also haven't installed Paul's Kernel #19 or Supremacy as reading through the thread, I think they're not really recommended any more.

Is there anything else I should do, particularly to avoid Caller ID or 2G/3G switching issues? I'm still on the 109808 GB baseband as I downgraded to that from 2030 when I tried GBXTreme. I've got a feeling I'd officially unlocked the ICS bootloader to avoid the 3G reboots, so how would I get back to that from here or is it not worth it? I know about the tutorial here https://www.dc-unloc...unlock-tutorial but what would I need to do first to make the phone ready for that?

I'll install JRummy's Cache Cleaner and Greenify as I've seen the former recommend in this thread and use the latter myself already. I quite like Clean Master for it's ability to easily disable apps from loading at boot but it's quite bloated and intrusive. I see that Rom Toolbox lite has an Autostart Manager but it's much more confusing and I don't feel confident using that.

I wouldn't mind a different notification toggles package if there's one with smaller icons that will let me fit what I need (WiFi, GPS, Data, Brightness, Bluetooth, Autorotate and Silent) on one line but I can manage without Silent if necessary, as that's easy enough to do with the volume controls/on-screen slider.

EDIT: I'm using this power toggles package from dinamo1975 http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry2095947 , which I remember now is what I had on there before I tried GBXtreme, which I'm much happier with http://www.modaco.co...s/#entry2095947

Edited by doveman, 12 February 2015 - 01:58 AM.

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

IMPORTANT:
I found out that init.d is not enabled [I did not install pauls kernel. Iam using clean install of slim rom.]
Using this I have got init.d support [olny zip method worked for me, Terminit, uniinit or PimpMyRom were not working. PimpMyRom/Uniinit were saying it is working, but that was not true] :
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1933849

You can check if is your init.d working properly by looking to /data/ folder. There should be file "test.log". If it is not there, you dont have working init.d functionality.

I thought I'd done it with PimpMyRom but after reading your post I checked /data and it's empty, so I flashed the init-zip from CWM instead but it's still empty!

EDIT: Ignore that, I didn't have Root Explorer enabled! I see test.log now so I guess it's all set up.

Edited by doveman, 12 February 2015 - 01:55 AM.

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
There seems to be a bug with encrypting storage with this ROM. When I select Encrypt Phone, it goes to another screen with an Encrypt Phone button and selecting that goes to a screen showing a green Android full screen but the encryption process never starts and even after 30mins, if I press Back it goes straight back to the screen with the Encrypt Phone button.

Anyone know how to fix this, as I've got everything pretty well setup for my friend apart from this?

doveman

doveman

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
I've tried using adb to do

adb shell
/system/bin/vdc cryptfs enablecrypto inplace PASSWORD

but that just returns

200 -1

and nothing happens. I also tried running the command from Terminal Emulator running on the phone and got the same return code. Anything else I can do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users