bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
You could also try "pimp my rom " it has quite a few different tweeks unfortunately not v6. It also has easy to apply extras like Sony Bravia Engine. The app is quiet big though over 20mb but you could delete no frills, vm heap tool and maybe more as they are all integrated into the app.

Biohazard

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

If the rom uses decent init.d/ram scripts then you would see very little difference. I've never seen Ram manager add any lag, or ever read any reports of it in the xda thread.

probably didn't lag as such, but certainly wasn't any quicker.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei
has anyone tried the Supremacy Trilogy script on this rom?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

has anyone tried the Supremacy Trilogy script on this rom?

Yep.
Used pimpmyrom to check/enable init.d, then put this script on via zip file. Possibly feels faster, but it was pretty fast before. Running at 1.19, smartass.

Just noticed that iplayer isn't working, but not sure if it was before, since it updated recently and I hadn't tested it. Might take a backup, revery to an unscripted via cwm, test iplayer...

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

smweb

smweb

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
using this ROM currently for a day, no lags whatsoever. Seems quite good for daily use. Haven't faced the called ID lag too :) looking forward to future tweaks.

andy/newbie

andy/newbie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:huawie g510,rk3066 tablet
i am downloading this one now sounds good cm 10 could be good but its slow and laggy on my g300,smooth scrolling when it wants to but very frustating to use as a daily,just ned a rom thats light fast and stable so this looks good

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

Yep.
Used pimpmyrom to check/enable init.d, then put this script on via zip file. Possibly feels faster, but it was pretty fast before. Running at 1.19, smartass.

what does enable intnd do?

Just noticed that iplayer isn't working, but not sure if it was before, since it updated recently and I hadn't tested it. Might take a backup, revery to an unscripted via cwm, test iplayer...

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
you need to enable init.d for scripting to work.... read the instructions on the link you posted on the other thread!

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
iPlayer seems to be a general problem with the latest release, and it's not rom related.

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

iPlayer seems to be a general problem with the latest release, and it's not rom related.

I have been having problems with BBC iplayer since the update.
I have also seen other members posting about it. A shame since the update was supposed to sort these problems out. Maybe the next update ?.

Biohazard

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Been using this with the supremacy trilogy script over clocked to 1.19 since 5pm.. this is without doubt the fastest I've ever had my g300 running... and I quite honestly try every new rom when it comes out. Battery has gone down about 15% in 3.5 hours on WiFi with average use, bit of browsing etc.
Not sure if the script really makes a difference or its just a placebo, but heck it's fast!

y4ss1n

y4ss1n

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@y4s1nne
can i use this trilogy script together with supercharger v6 or only one of the two?

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Been using this with the supremacy trilogy script over clocked to 1.19 since 5pm.. this is without doubt the fastest I've ever had my g300 running... and I quite honestly try every new rom when it comes out. Battery has gone down about 15% in 3.5 hours on WiFi with average use, bit of browsing etc.
Not sure if the script really makes a difference or its just a placebo, but heck it's fast!

I don't think it's a placebo as I have just flashed it and it certainly feels a lot quicker.

Biohazard

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

can i use this trilogy script together with supercharger v6 or only one of the two?

I am running both scripts, after flashing the supremacy script it definitely feels quicker then before with just v6 so I guess you can use them both . I don't no if one cancels the other out but it certainly doesn't do no harm.

Biohazard

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Update on battery usage... was on 71% when I went to bed last night, this morning it had dropped to 65. That's about 1% per hour on WiFi standby.

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Excuse my ignorance. How easy is it to go from JB to ICS? Is it just as simple as doing a full factory & wiping and then installing SLim and the Google Apps for ICS?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Excuse my ignorance. How easy is it to go from JB to ICS? Is it just as simple as doing a full factory & wiping and then installing SLim and the Google Apps for ICS?

There are guides and it looks quite daunting... but basically you need to root the phone (get a rooting zip on the sd card, boot recovery and apply it) then install CWM recovery ((same procedure) then boot into cwm recovery, wipe everything and install the new rom zip. I never had any issues with this or the wife's samsung galaxy acce, but others have... so be careful! The only way to really install a new rom is to fully wipe it first... but once you have cwm recovery installed, you can take a backup of your existing setup and recover to it if needed.

ptoner

ptoner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
Thanks for responding TT.
I have CM 10.1 installed already. I tired to install a ICS ROM at the weekend and it worked fine. Until, I tried to restore my apps, contacts and settings then it did not run. Is this because they are all geared for JB? SHould I just import the SMS and contacts and start afresh in relation to settings and apps?

I Have CWM etc and rooted already.

Edited by ptoner, 20 February 2013 - 10:18 AM.

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w

...How easy is it to go from JB to ICS? Is it just as simple as doing a full factory & wiping and then installing SLim and the Google Apps for ICS?

Yes, just as simple as that.
TangerineTractor misunderstood your question. He thought you were asking for GB->ICS way.
:)

Edited by dakok, 20 February 2013 - 10:18 AM.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ZTE v987 China Rom Collection Telekineza.com Coolpad F1 software and stuff Huawei G300 Chinese Cuisine - Roms from far far away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Thanks for responding TT.
I have CM 10.1 installed already. I tired to install a ICS ROM at the weekend and it worked fine. Until, I tried to restore my apps, contacts and settings then it did not run. Is this because they are all geared for JB? SHould I just import the SMS and contacts and start afresh in relation to settings and apps?

I Have CWM etc and rooted already.

Yeah, sorry, misunderstood.
I never try to restore apps between different roms, it's easier and cleaner to reinstall. I don't really use SMS much, so not anything I've ever been concerned about, and my contacts sync from my exchange server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users