[ROM][ICS-B952]Slim ROM

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest ReZ1342

Guys , Cause im a noob i dont actually know if the changes anything but there is a guy claiming that he has a Zip file for every phone with Ics that it installs Project Butter , it is quite popular Search " Project Butter ICS" its the first link i think and anyways can anyone test if it actually does work and there is a few with multi sampling and anti alising or without it im confused LOOL

Guest bladebuddy
Running v10 and liking it.

Been using infusion for ages and use the walkman player constantly so i dont want to switch players.

I have tried various apk's and zips but i still cant install the walkman app .

Anyone tried and got it working ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856186

Just downloaded and tried this one and it played my music o.k.

there is a guy claiming that he has a Zip file for every phone with Ics that it installs Project Butter

That's not what he claims (red highlighting is mine):

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1911327

[TWEAK][04.NOV][NEAR Project Butter Implementation for all ICS ROMS][beta1]

This is not the real project butter introduced in Android Jelly Bean!

This is just compilation of tweaks!

All tested buy me, one buy one!

Why don't you try it out?

Edited by dalyer

Interesting, at least to me. Installing the #19 OC rom, making no other changes including not overclocking, and the rom runs slower by more than 160 points in Antutu. Of course, if you intend to overclock it, you will have an increase in the score relative to how high you push it. But why the initial drop (slower at 1008)?

Edit: at 1056 it was still slower than stock; 1114 it finally was faster. So I have to increase the speed by about 10% before I get the same or better performance. Doesn't seem right.

Edited by twrock

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I have to say that I really like this rom, very fast, smooth and responsive (with Paul's #15 kernel). It reminds me so much on Swedish Snow that I've used on my Blade for ages. Thumbs up for jsevi83, great job!!!

Guest dragonwinglet

Rom is really great, much better than CM from Daz and I did not find any bug.

Iam using Supremacy Trilogy V3 (with init.d enabled, ofcourse) and without pauls kernel - Bigger FQ looks cool but phone is slower on 1GHz than with stock kernel, so why take something slow to overclock phone and make it same fast as it was without it...

Guest glassblower

Been using this ROM with #19 test kernel for two days now. I'm really, really impressed with the greatly improved touchscreen responsiveness provided by the #19 kernel over #15. I won't be in a hurry to move to any other ROM.

Thanks again to those involved.

Neil

So if I wanted the stock battery indicator instead of the circle, could I get away with flashing the one from over in the Stock+ thread? I don't know how many other modifications might have been done in this rom that I'm going to be messing up.

Thanks.

Oops, looks like I got the modified battery indicator because I flashed the customizable power toggles: http://www.modaco.co...er-toggles-ics/

I'll go digging over in the Infusion thread for a stock battery indicator.

Edit: Yes, I flashed the Infusion stock battery add-on and the stock indicator is back. And I still have the customizable power toggles. Hmm, this is looking like a very nice set up. I think I'm slightly preferring this rom vs. CM9. (Although CM9 is very nice, and I don't have any of the problems others mention using that rom.) Now there there is a very nice set of power toggles as well, it's just about perfect.

Edited by twrock

Guest dalyer

Someone has a link to download the newest paul's kernel? I can't find it anywhere... Thanks :)

I've seen people talking of #19 as the latest but note that that's the latest version of his OLD kernel and #15 is the latest version of the NEW kernel. It's all in the original post of that thread anyway.

Guest TangerineTractor

Back using this after trying the latest stock+ this weekend - this is faster and has better battery life, well it does for me at least.

One little trick to speed up your phone (or at least make it feel faster)... in developer options, set the two animation settings to .5 (the default is 1).

Wonder if the developer will be rebasing this on 960 soon?

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

Can someone clarify the benefits, if any a jump to 960 baseband would bring?

None, but psychologically you'd feel you were on the latest version.

Guest dalyer

Can someone clarify the benefits, if any a jump to 960 baseband would bring?

Just to avoid confusion it's not the "960 baseband". It's rebasing the custom ROM on the stock B960. There are only two basebands 2030 and 109808. B960 uses the 2030 baseband.

Guest jsevi83

None, but psychologically you'd feel you were on the latest version.

You can always edit the build.prop and replace B952 with B960, or even B970. Maybe that helps psychologically. :P

EDIT: would be great if you all could collaborate to request an official unlock of the bootloader. Thanks.

http://www.modaco.co...ics-bootloader/

Edited by jsevi83

Guest dragonwinglet

IMPORTANT:

I found out that init.d is not enabled [i did not install pauls kernel. Iam using clean install of slim rom.]

Using this I have got init.d support [olny zip method worked for me, Terminit, uniinit or PimpMyRom were not working. PimpMyRom/Uniinit were saying it is working, but that was not true] :

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1933849

You can check if is your init.d working properly by looking to /data/ folder. There should be file "test.log". If it is not there, you dont have working init.d functionality.

Edited by dragonwinglet

Guest poliacido

awesome rom but i have a problem: when i connect to my pc with usb cable i dont get any notification to activate data transfer... it just stay in battery charge mode

also i dont get any notification on win 7 too... was using CM before and it was working nice

how can i fix it?

Edited by poliacido

Guest jsevi83

Hello lads, trying this now but fdoes anyone know how to get internal app storage as default?

You can't, slim forces the external sd as default storage on every reboot to avoid the bug that we have in ics. I should make an addon for this, I will when I have some time.

awesome rom but i have a problem: when i connect to my pc with usb cable i dont get any notification to activate data transfer... it just stay in battery charge mode

also i dont get any notification on win 7 too... was using CM before and it was working nice

how can i fix it?

No idea, it should work like in any other rom. You are the first one (that I'm aware of) with this problem.