Battery life

Guest dbaseii

Guest RussellS

So far I've been very impressed with the battery life. As my last phone was a Huawei G300 I am used to putting the phone on charge every night and I'm still doing that now with the G3. However, after a good days use the G300 would be down around 15% whereas I've yet to see the G3 go below 50% after a single days use.

Guest FrankieADZ

I think the battery life is pretty good tbf, if I just left it on with just calls(no wifi) lite use, it could easily last for a good 5 days.(going by the Battery Reborn App)

but with medium usage that I do with it(calls,texts,Wifi,3G,music mainly 1 SIM on) i can easily get 2days without charging;which for a dual sim is pretty good imo.

i do take the steps to make the phone as power optimized as possible; so as not to waste any :)

Guest RussellS

But is the battery rating correct? I've had issues with China batteries before. It's not that they don't work, it's the incorrect ratings they have..

I have absolutely no idea if the battery rating is correct but I have no reason to doubt it. The battery is physically much larger than the Huawei G300 battery which is the only one I can really compare it to.

At the end of the day, battery capacity isn't really relevant. It is how long a battery lasts in a given device and how efficiently that device uses the power that counts.

All I can say is that the G3 lasts a hell of a long time more than my G300 did. With the G300 I had to put it on charge every night because I knew it wouldn't last until midday the next day if I didn't. With the G3 however I don't think I have sen it go below 50% after a single days usage so, although I do still put it on charge each night, I wouldn't be concerned if I forgot.