[APP] Helium by Clockworkmod

Guest kyan31

Great app. I've been looking for a new backup tool as TB can cause issues at times. I've had a quick blast with this and it seems a viable alternative.

Cheers for posting it, I think I'll chuck a couple of quid at the pro version.

Guest sporksnail

One thing I've found... It seems to crash out with an unspecified error whenever it tries to back up my Dropbox app to Google Drive. Other than that it's fine - if I exclude Dropbox the backup completes successfully.

Guest Colossae3.23

Is there a way to point it to the external sd? I tried backing up to sd yesterday and it bogged down, and then I got an error. Later discovered that it had filled the internal sd and that's what caused the problem.

Guest Rico_89

I just deleted everything from my external SD card, except pictures, music and of course the Carbon folder. Then freshly installed 4.2.2 JB and within about fifteen minutes I was back up and running with all of the main apps I use. The only thing though is that it installs to the internal sd so you have to move the apps back to your preferred location.

Is there a way to point it to the external sd? I tried backing up to sd yesterday and it bogged down, and then I got an error. Later discovered that it had filled the internal sd and that's what caused the problem.

I'd like to know this too. I don't have that many apps installed but I would like to avoid manually moving all my apps back to the external sd card. One solution for you though would be to restore half of your apps, then move them to external sd card, before installing the rest.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Colossae3.23

Guys, if you want it to backup to the external storage, you need to select USB STORAGE not external SD card, like this:

post-969101-13612773841826_thumb.jpg

cheers I'll try it. That option seemed to me to mean: via USB to PC

Guest Rico_89

Guys, if you want it to backup to the external storage, you need to select USB STORAGE not external SD card, like this:

post-969101-13612773841826_thumb.jpg

..When you restore, can you choose "External SD card"? .. or will it still default to the internal sd card?

..When you restore, can you choose "External SD card"? .. or will it still default to the internal sd card?

It will still default to the internal SD card. You must press USB storage every time, the USB storage is actually your SD card.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest hazelbee

Despite description that all android users can access and root not needed, Google Play states that Helium not compatible with Vodafone Huawei U8815. Presently, still using Vodafone locked Sim - would this really make a difference? Can't obtain official Huawei bootloader unlock code - USSD code won't run - I suspect that this IS a Vodafone issue and will need to wait until I swap to another Sim.

Suggestions for a workaround greatly appreciated. I'm still on GB 2.3.6 - B895 - want Helium and Bootloader unlock to upgrade.

Guest hippy dave

It doesn't matter that it's Vodafone, the reason it won't install is that it doesn't work on Gingerbread, it needs ICS or Jellybean.