Advice on which ROM to flash if considering selling my OMC/Skate?

Guest eddev

Hi all,

I've recently taken the plunge and upgraded from my OMC/Skate, since it has been well looked after I'm considering selling it instead of just putting it into a draw to gather dust alongside my previous mobiles (e.g. HTC Wizard, HTC Kaiser, TMobile Pulse)

I've enjoyed upgrading and flashing ROMs since day one, the last one been ParanoidJelly (thanks C3CO), but I'm not sure what to do if I do decide to sell it, i.e.

1. as it was Orange branded, should I install a stock Orange ROM (with the associated bloat)

2. or should I install an older ROM which is fully functional (i.e. with camera flash) but not branded/bloated, if so which would be recommended? also do I need to do anything different to downgrade to an older ROM?

3. or should I leave it with ParanoidJelly and state the pros & cons

or should I forget about the hassle of trying to sell it and just add it to the growing collection of obsolete gadgets/tech!!!

http://www.modaco.co...ease-rootedcwm/ <<<< Follow this and sell it after that.

I've had a quick look at this and it states:-

"ATTENTION : UPGRADE FROM YOUR CARRIER BRANDED ROM ONLY! , DOWNGRADE FROM SUPERIOR ANDROID VERSIONS IS NOT GOING TO WORK BECUSE THERE IS A BUG IN CM9/CM10/CM10.X ON TPT HELPER DUE TO PARTITION ISSUES.

- You can only downgrade to the unbranded Gingerbread if you've flashed Custom ROM's that uses the Gingerbread OS. (Android 2.3.5 / Android 2.3.7)

- You can upgrade to the unbranded Gingerbread if you have an Stock ROM [bASED ON CARRIERS] installed on your ZTE Skate / Orange Monte Carlo / MEDION LIFE devices"

does this mean it won't work trying to downgrade from ParanoidJelly?

Guest WiiSky70

I've had a quick look at this and it states:-

"ATTENTION : UPGRADE FROM YOUR CARRIER BRANDED ROM ONLY! , DOWNGRADE FROM SUPERIOR ANDROID VERSIONS IS NOT GOING TO WORK BECUSE THERE IS A BUG IN CM9/CM10/CM10.X ON TPT HELPER DUE TO PARTITION ISSUES.

- You can only downgrade to the unbranded Gingerbread if you've flashed Custom ROM's that uses the Gingerbread OS. (Android 2.3.5 / Android 2.3.7)

- You can upgrade to the unbranded Gingerbread if you have an Stock ROM [bASED ON CARRIERS] installed on your ZTE Skate / Orange Monte Carlo / MEDION LIFE devices"

does this mean it won't work trying to downgrade from ParanoidJelly?

You can try to Downgrade to Stock ROM or to an Gingerbread OS Custom ROM. And then follow the instructions