3g issue, CM 9

Guest 4lex

Hello all. I just bought a G300, U8815-51 from Vodafone Australia, which I'm using on the Optus Network here. When I first unlocked it on the stock voda au ROM the optus SIM worked fine on both 2g and 3g. Today I followed the upgrade guide for the under fives and now have cm-9-20130217-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R9.zip running, but my handset won't find any network unless I turn off 3g.

Beginning to wonder if there is a different radio in this unit as opposed to the UK one on which I guess the ROM were based?

Another slightly odd thing, I installed the gapps linked from the under fives thread, but haven't got any google maps, gmail etc pre-installed?

About phone now reports Model Ascent G300, Baseband 2030 (was 109808), Kernel 3.0.8-cyanogenmod-g69225db. IMEI is correct, IMEI SV, whatever that is, is 36.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Alex

Guest kieranswhite

Quite a few people seem to be having this sort of problem with cyanogen based roms. First thing I would do is wipe everything in clockwork mod reinstall the rom and gapps. If the issue still occurs I would switch to a stock based rom like lightning or slim b952. Hope that helps!