[GUIDE]Yuntab P500 (M5000) Rooting Guide and ROM

Guest freegoat

Guest freegoat

NOTE: The rooting method may have the potential to BRICK the phone and will void your warranty, so do it at your own RISK. I am not responsible for any problems caused by this guide..

I recently bought a Yuntab P500 PDA Smartphone 5 inch Screen Android. Here are its main features:

CPU: Qualcomm MSM7227a 1.0GHz / Adreno 200 GPU.

Display: 5.0 inch Mulititouch screen, 800 x 480px.

Memory: 512MB RAM 8GB ROM.

Camera: Dual Cameras Back: 5MP, Front: 0.3MP.

Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, Bluetooth stereo (A2DP).

I am very pleased with the phone but still wanted to root it. However, I found it is very hard to root the phone because there is lacking of information of it on the Internet.

Its driver files are included on the phone internal rom with a folder called 'android4.0_usb_driver_32bit'. Once you connect the phone with USB Debugging enabled, you will see a new CD drive, double click it and copy the whole folder to your computer.

However, Its driver is not working on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop, so I had to try my XP one and it took a while to install all drivers. Then I followed this instruction to try Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry, I got the message to say the phone was rooted but it was not working at all.

Luckily, I found Karbonn A15 is similar to Yuntab P500, so followed ntstatic's instruction to have another try.

I followed the following steps to use Android Root Unlock, DON'T try anything else including A15 driver, it may BRICK your phone!

1. Enable USB Debugging - Under SETTINGS - DEVELOPER OPTIONS

2. Install the drivers for the phone - copy drivers from your phone internal card.

3. download "Android Root Unlock" from sourceforge.net and extract it to a folder on your harddisk

4. navigate to the above folder and run the batch file ICS_Root_Unlocker.bat

the batch file will reboot your phone a couple of times and will wait with a message "Press Any Key to continue"

IMP NOTE : if you pc is saying "PRESS ANY KEY" note if your phone is on or rebooting....

if it is Rebooting, wait for it to start before pressing a key

5. After a couple of boots the phone will be rooted

6. verify that the Root is complete by observing a "Superuser" shortcut in the application list

Thanks for that guide, now my phone has been rooted successfully.

I hope this will help people like me. Good luck.

I got the ROM from a Chinese guy. I haven't tried them yet, so flash them at your OWN RISK as well.

OTA Zip format: P500W-ota-1.0.623_20120908.zip

BIN format and the updating tool: P500W_1.0.623_20120908_SHIP & Porter

Edited by freegoat

• 2 months later...