Change cht or tw firmware with wwe one

Guest famonaco

Guest famonaco

hi, i don't understand if i can chanche my cht padfone rom with an european one because i read that: If i flash the wrong firmware upgrade, can damage the firmware on the Padfone permanently!

Please check in your system settings which firmware version number and version region you have.

it's true or i can flash wwe rom without problems??????

cheers

Guest famonaco

As far as I know it should be possible... Aslong as it is a higher software version.

so i must wait an higher sw version or i can use the same version that i have into the padfone2 but european and not cht?????????

so i must wait an higher sw version or i can use the same version that i have into the padfone2 but european and not cht?????????

Hi, i'm Italian so i have wwe version of PF2.

When you flash a rom with different sku, the recovery read the version file in zip rom and change the partition table.

Then it restart, if you have the TW version, you will lose all data, including the zip rom file, so you must put it back in the data partition and then reflash.

When I did it, the recovery did not change the system partition so I rebooted PF2 and I loaded up again the zip rom and i reflashed it in recovery.

Sorry for my English.

Edited by gsep