[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

No, the colors when phone are loading ;)

Download the rom from the OP, open the zip and you will find the bootanimation.zip in the /system/media/ folder.

Guest dalyer

Dumb question time again - how do I make the wallpaper plain black? Do I have to take a black photo and choose it from the gallery?! :blush:

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Thanks - didn't think I'd need an app for it! :D

Edit: anybody know where the default Stock+ wallpaper is stored in case I want to revert to it? Searched in ES File Explorer but couldn't find it.

Edit again: ah - found it: /data/data/com.android.settings/files/wallpaper

Edited by dalyer

Guest dalyer

Fastboot trigger not showing in settings so phone reboots slowly. Is this inteded? All rest is just perfect. great rom!

I think it's intended:

Fastboot trigger not showing in settings so phone reboots slowly. Is this inteded? All rest is just perfect. great rom!

Fastboot has to be disabled for the reboot to recovery option to work in the power menu.

Guest sebag2

Well in my opinion faster reboot is way more useful than a recovery reboot option. Any magical script to delete that recovery reboot and get fastboot? That would be awsome.

Still, this is a great rom everyone! You wont find a better one.

Well in my opinion faster reboot is way more useful than a recovery reboot option. Any magical script to delete that recovery reboot and get fastboot? That would be awsome.

Edit /system/build.prop and change

ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=false 
to
ro.config.hw_quickpoweron=true[/code]

The recovery option will still be in the power menu but won't work while fastboot is enabled.

Edited by Cyda

Guest sebag2

to

The recovery option will still be in the power menu but won't work while fastboot is enabled.

works! thank you so much :)

Guest Musicmaster

I understand now ( ) how I install this rom but before to go ahead, how do I ever come back, if I want to, to the original stockrom (not Vodafone!) ??? I have downloaded from the site Huawei stockrom but this is I think a upgrade to ICS.

Guest Timbones

I

Fastboot has to be disabled for the reboot to recovery option to work in the power menu.

I thought FastBoot only affected the Shutdown/Startup cycle, a bit like Windows Hibernate, with Reboot doing a full reset of the OS. (?)

Reboot+Vol Up has always worked for me, regardless of FastBoot. Is the recovery option doing something different? *confused*

Edited by Timbones

Guest dalyer

how do I ever come back, if I want to, to the original stockrom (not Vodafone!) ??? I have downloaded from the site Huawei stockrom but this is I think a upgrade to ICS.

What stock ROM are you referring to? If you install a custom ROM such as Stock+ and want to revert to a specific stock (ICS) ROM then you should be able to flash the update.app for that stock ROM.

I thought FastBoot only affected the Shutdown/Startup cycle, a bit like Windows Hibernate, with Reboot doing a full reset of the OS. (?)

Reboot+Vol Up has always worked for me, regardless of FastBoot. Is the recovery option doing something different?

Yeah, the Vol. up and power on always works. I'm referring to the new recovery option available when you longpress the power button, it was added in R5.

Guest henrythedog

Noticed that no fast boot toggle option now too.... but personally doesn't bother me as I only turn my phone off/on when I have to reboot the phone for some reason or to install a new ROM.... before installing the R5 version of this rom my phone had been on for approx 5-6 months without a reboot :)

Guest tillaz

Dumb question time again - how do I make the wallpaper plain black? Do I have to take a black photo and choose it from the gallery?! blush.png

use this, the app most likely has spam notifications :ph34r:

post-913969-0-85282300-1362522656_thumb.

Noticed that no fast boot toggle option now too.... but personally doesn't bother me as I only turn my phone off/on when I have to reboot the phone for some reason or to install a new ROM.... before installing the R5 version of this rom my phone had been on for approx 5-6 months without a reboot :)

I'll make a patch for those that do wish to remove the reboot to recovery option and restore the fastboot setting. I'm of the same thinking as you, it doesn't bother me in the slightest but some people seem to like it.

Edited by Cyda

Guest tillaz

to

this wont work because all the code for fastboot has been removed and replaced with my modified AOSP shutdown thread

it will show the button, but it has not effect, the only way to get it back would be to replace the files that where modded with a flashable.zip

people could also try disabling the boot animation witch results in faster boot times

add this to the build.prop

[code]debug.sf.nobootanimation=1[/code]

this wont work because all the code for fastboot has been removed and replaced with my modified AOSP shutdown thread

it will show the button has not effect, only way to get it back would be to replace the files that where modded with flashable.zip

people could also try disabling the boot animation witch results in faster boot times

add this to the build.prop

debug.sf.nobootanimation=1

Yeah, I read your other post after posting that so I'll make an addon patch for those that want it. I far prefer the reboot to recovery option and I always disabled fastboot anyway but I'll make the addon to give everyone the option.

Edited by Cyda

Guest tillaz

Yeah, I read your other post after posting that so I'll make an addon patch for those that want it. I far prefer the reboot to recovery option and I always disabled fastboot anyway.

same here, fastboot is useless in my opinion,.. i don't mind waiting 30 seconds for my phone to turn on once a day (if that) lol

Guest The Silent Man

One more question...I switched to ICS a couple days ago so I don't know what was the problem with dictionary but I noticed that words are underlined in red when I'm typing. Is this ok?