1227 replies to this topic

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei
yea i might try some other launchers and see if i can change the appearance to my liking, the rom does seem par with slim v10 so i will run it for a week or two and see how i get on with it, thanks cyda

dinamo1975

dinamo1975

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Hi,
Is "Vol Wake" included in B960 R6?
Thanks,

jgbyr

jgbyr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Check the op

rob4x4

rob4x4

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4,Tesco Hudl

Hi,
Is "Vol Wake" included in B960 R6?
Thanks,

Doesn't seem to be. Flash the Addon at the start of the thread.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:G300

Doesn't seem to be. Flash the Addon at the start of the thread.

What would be the purpose of that addon otherwise? :P

Just flashed R6 over R5 with only wiping cache and Dalvik cache; then immediately (so without reboot) flashed Link2Int and volume wake mods. It all works perfect, thanks Cyda!

Edit: only thing so far is it switched default storage back to internal

Edited by wouterbeer, 07 March 2013 - 10:04 AM.

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G510
Hmm... all ok except that music player.. how do you..or indeed can you get it to play a shuffle of all your albums???

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
RTFM? :)

http://www.jrtstudio...ocketPlayer/FAQ

How do I shuffle all, or party shuffle in Rocket Player?
To shuffle all, go to the "Songs" (Tab) then long press a song and select "Shuffle".

Edited by dalyer, 07 March 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Cheers Dalyer..

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Does DSP equalizer overrule the equalizer in the player itself?

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Does DSP equalizer overrule the equalizer in the player itself?

Not overrule exactly, they both work at the same time. The EQ in the app just works for music and the DSP works for all sound. So you could for example increase the bass in DSP and then increase the bass even more via the in app equaliser. I use the DSP more like a pre-amp so I can boost the volume output to headphones, I love the fact you can set separate settings for headphones, speakers and BT.

Cyda - I assume some of the fine tuning includes some of the tweaks in the other scripts and things doing the rounds that made older roms a bit faster? Have you looked at the Ouch Kernel - would it improve this ROM or are there no significant differences to the embedded kernel? Ouch has a couple of different governcrs and a lower min frequencty - would they affect anything in either a positive or negative way?

Yeah a lot of the 'tuning' with the scripts was a case of finding out which parts of the scripts worked and which were just either crap or not applicable to the G300. Tim has been tearing all these various scripts apart for a couple of weeks now to find the 'best tweaks' and as a result I think R6 runs better than ever.

As for Ouch kernel, I haven't had time to test it yet but have been meaning to. I'm certainly keeping my eye on the comments about it. Kra1o5 has done some good things for the G300 so I am always interested in his projects. :)

Hmm... all ok except that music player.. how do you..or indeed can you get it to play a shuffle of all your albums???

Don't be hating on the rocket! :P I'm starting to be a big fan of this player, it is the only player to even come close to Poweramp for me.

Edited by Cyda, 07 March 2013 - 12:07 PM.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Yeah a lot of the 'tuning' with the scripts was a case of finding out which parts of the scripts worked and which were just either crap or not applicable to the G300. Tim has been tearing all these various scripts apart for a couple of weeks now to find the 'best tweaks' and as a result I think R6 runs better than ever.

As for Ouch kernel, I haven't had time to test it yet but have been meaning to. I'm certainly keeping my eye on the comments about it. Kra1o5 has done some good things for the G300 so I am always interested in his projects. :)

Will flashing a custom kernel (e.g. #15 from Paul or this new Ouch kernel) break the tweaking done by Timbones? Or are there no scripts included with flashing a kernel.. :huh:

Edit: in other words, when I flash another kernel on this rom can I always revert to the original R6 versionby flashing Pauls #19 release?

Edited by wouterbeer, 07 March 2013 - 01:43 PM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
Cheers for the responses. R6 is running pretty smoothly, but I'll give the Ouch kernel a blast on it too - would dropping the minimum frequency make much difference? I read that SavegedZen governr is similar to SmartAss, wonder which is better... or is it all just bull and doesn;t make any difference?

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Will flashing a custom kernel (e.g. #15 from Paul or this new Ouch kernel) break the tweaking done by Timbones? Or are there no scripts included with flashing a kernel.. :huh:

Edit: in other words, when I flash another kernel on this rom can I always revert to the original R6 versionby flashing Pauls #19 release?

Personally, I'd take a CWM backup then flash the kernel. If you don't like it, restore the backup.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Personally, I'd take a CWM backup then flash the kernel. If you don't like it, restore the backup.

Yeah, sure, but also just wondering if the tweaks will still be present if another kernel is flashed.

I also noticed that if I open my camera app and switch to camera mode, there is no option present for the 800x480 resolution. Can someone confirm this is just me because of not doing a full wipe or is this also the case with full wipes?

Attached Files

Edited by wouterbeer, 07 March 2013 - 02:12 PM.

dinamo1975

dinamo1975

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Hi all,
I found a small issue in R6

Attached Files

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Yeah, sure, but also just wondering if the tweaks will still be present if another kernel is flashed.

I also noticed that if I open my camera app and switch to camera mode, there is no option present for the 800x480 resolution. Can someone confirm this is just me because of not doing a full wipe or is this also the case with full wipes?

As long as the kernel you flash has init.d support the tweaks will still be in place and should work exactly the same. As for the Cam, the fix should be in there. If it isn't try flashing that fix that was posted here a few pages back to see if that adds the option.

Hi all,
I found a small issue in R6

I've made no mods to this roms theme so I guess that must be like that on stock roms too.

Edited by Cyda, 07 March 2013 - 02:12 PM.

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

As long as the kernel you flash has init.d support the tweaks will still be in place and should work exactly the same.

I've made no mods to this roms theme so I guess that must be like that on stock roms too.

I've seen it on a couple of apps - I don;t even consider it to be a bug. I think it's just dependent on the app's icon, to be honest. Some must have a black or transparent background, some have a solid white background or one with incompatible transparency.

Combat Gerbil

Combat Gerbil

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
I have an issue... may be just my handset. but on installing new Apps/widgets, they do not appear in the appdrawer unless I reboot..

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

I have an issue... may be just my handset. but on installing new Apps/widgets, they do not appear in the appdrawer unless I reboot..

Thats a new one on me. You sure they are not just being added to the last page. Huawei launcher doesn't put them in alphabetical order.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

there is no option present for the 800x480 resolution. Can someone confirm this is just me because of not doing a full wipe or is this also the case with full wipes?

It's not just you. I just checked and it is the same here. Not sure how I didn't spot that before release. :blush: I'll look in to it.

Cheers for the responses. R6 is running pretty smoothly, but I'll give the Ouch kernel a blast on it too - would dropping the minimum frequency make much difference? I read that SavegedZen governr is similar to SmartAss, wonder which is better... or is it all just bull and doesn;t make any difference?

In one guide I read somewhere SavagedZen was meant to be a little better than smartassV2 but I doubt it will make that much difference. Worth a try though.

Edited by Cyda, 07 March 2013 - 02:23 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users