[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest celrau

Hi, thanks for this great rom Cyda. Would it be possible to tweak the camera so that it doesn't apply denoising and sharpening on jpegs? Those could be done probably much better in a postprocessing app.

Guest OmnioPT

Cyda is there anyway to change the notification led to blue instead of green when we receive a sms/mms?

I use IMO messenger and the led turns blue when I receive a message. It is possible to do the same thing with sms, mms and missing calls?

Cheers

Guest balsier

Hello, I am trying the Stock+ now, coming from an awesome experience with Baidu.

Unfortunately I can't seem to set pattern lock on Stock+, when it's set to slide it works well, but when set to pattern or pin it acts as if it was set to "none".

Any solution or alternative?

Guest fr0do
Hello, I am trying the Stock+ now, coming from an awesome experience with Baidu.

Unfortunately I can't seem to set pattern lock on Stock+, when it's set to slide it works well, but when set to pattern or pin it acts as if it was set to "none".

Any solution or alternative?

Works perfectly for me. There must be a problem with your flash.

Guest balsier

I followed procedure, Every wipe, every format, reboot recovery, apply zip, reboot to system. I already had this problem with Infusion once, could never fix it. Oh well, still a great rom.

Edit: Tried setting and rebooting, it shows the pattern once but after unlocking and unlocking SIM it doesn't show up again

Edited by balsier

Guest fr0do

Still working for me. It definitely isn't the rom.

Fix permissions > wipe caches. Sometimes I've found you need to battery pull after a format between changing roms for like 5 minutes.

Guest balsier

Found the issue, silly me. Forgot to turn on immediate locking, it was set to lock 5 seconds after suspension.

Thank you for the help, great rom all round

Guest Musicmaster

After 3 weeks I am still very happy with the rom. The phone is now in Holland for sale for €133,- so more people search for solutions. I mentioned this rom on dutch forum to spread the word. At your service and thanks again for the great job!

Guest spicysomtam

Something strange about playing around with the power settings:

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=150

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

The last one had a strange affect on my battery charging. Basically it won't charge/the charging percent doesn't increase. I commented it out for now. Anyone else see that?

The pm.sleep_mode setting: I wonder if its better to use something like Juice Defender to manage it. I suspect an app like this will manage the battery better? Battery usage increases quite considerably with it set on. I know power management versus features is a fine balancing act! When I worked at ARM they used to say they could make you a super fast processor for you phone; the challenge is to do that AND give good battery performance!

Just a quick post to say this will likely be the final version of Stock+, my G300 is heading to my Wife as I've decided to upgrade to a Nexus 4. Thanks to everyone who supported this rom and for making this learning experience interesting. ;)

I'll try to pop back from time to time to check up on the latest news but until then, thanks for all the fish! :)

Guest TangerineTractor

Just a quick post to say this will likely be the final version of Stock+, my G300 is heading to my Wife as I've decided to upgrade to a Nexus 4. Thanks to everyone who supported this rom and for making this learning experience interesting. ;)

I'll try to pop back from time to time to check up on the latest news but until then, thanks for all the fish! :)

I'm doing exactly the same in may when I'm due for a new handset at work.

Guest tillaz

Just a quick post to say this will likely be the final version of Stock+, my G300 is heading to my Wife as I've decided to upgrade to a Nexus 4. Thanks to everyone who supported this rom and for making this learning experience interesting. wink.png

I'll try to pop back from time to time to check up on the latest news but until then, thanks for all the fish! smile.png

nice choice, i highly recommend using this kernel on your nexus 4 as the colors look much better than stock, which is washed out.

it can be used on any nexus 4 ROM even stock, its what i use on my build of AOKP,

this was the only thing that i disliked about the phone, but now the colors look amazing

https://plus.google....sts/9VtBVHP67Hg

pa_mako-Kernel422_CalibratedContrasty.zip

nice choice, i highly recommend using this kernel on your nexus 4 as the colors look much better than stock, which is washed out.

it can be used on any nexus 4 ROM even stock, its what i use on my build of AOKP,

this was the only thing that i disliked about the phone, but now the colors look amazing

https://plus.google....sts/9VtBVHP67Hg

pa_mako-Kernel422_CalibratedContrasty.zip

Cheers for the heads-up. I'll likely be running either PA or PAC so I'll give this a install once I'm sorted.

Guest irishpancake

I'm doing exactly the same in may when I'm due for a new handset at work.

Mrs P. already has the G300.... I got the S3!!!

Thanks Cyda and TT and of course tillaz....

for everything and keeping this show on the road.

Cyda....can I ask, I am not sure, but it seems Huawei are giving out an unlock ICS bootloader procedure if ppl ask via email.

Your ROM has the GB unlocked BL.. Right??

So, one would want to revert to Stock ICS and locked bootloader to do the unlock, am I right??

So ICS update.app?? someone said this in another thread

How to do this, when running your ROM?

I am confused about this, not being very familiar with bootloaders, etc.

Except you could brick easily doing things the wrong way.

Any easy way for an old guy??

Thanks again guys, new guys will come along, I know, to take up the baton.... and so it goes.

Edited by irishpancake

Guest GaryM30

Nothing else to say other than . Thank You very much, for what is In my opinion, the best Rom I have used.

Cheers, and Good Luck with your new phone.

Guest doveman

Nothing else to say other than . Thank You very much, for what is In my opinion, the best Rom I have used.

Cheers, and Good Luck with your new phone.

+1. b960 has been very stable for me the last couple of weeks, so thanks so much for that :)

Guest Murdouken

Hey. Just installed this but I keep getting an "Unfortunately, res/drawable-hdpi/battery_low_battery.png has stopped." error. Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Thank you for everything Cyda.

Why not give the wife the Nexus 4? You won't have half as much fun with a phone that works properly.