[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

1229 replies to this topic

Jsolace

Jsolace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
First off, thanks to Cyda for the awesome ROM, it's running so smooth with the suggested CPU tweaks.

I am however, having a small but rather annoying problem, my phone keeps rebooting by itself, sometimes 2-3 times an hour and sometimes it remains stable for a while. Anyone heard of/know how to remedy this?

Cheers

J

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

First off, thanks to Cyda for the awesome ROM, it's running so smooth with the suggested CPU tweaks.

I am however, having a small but rather annoying problem, my phone keeps rebooting by itself, sometimes 2-3 times an hour and sometimes it remains stable for a while. Anyone heard of/know how to remedy this?

Cheers

J

Is this with mobile data (3g) enabled? If so it is a known issue with unlocked 2030 baseband phones. It doesn't happen to some phones but a lot of people suffer the same issue. A lot of threads in the forum about various attempts to fix it.

Edited by Cyda, 11 April 2013 - 10:21 PM.

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
For me leaving Wi-Fi on prevents the reboots (they're caused by mobile signal reception changes)

Posted Image

Jsolace

Jsolace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

For me leaving Wi-Fi on prevents the reboots (they're caused by mobile signal reception changes)

Yeah it's with the 3G enabled....in fact, it only tends to happen when signal is really low or constantly changing, makes sense. I'll try leaving wi-fi on.

Cheers guys

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos

yap

Do you know any rom without this bug?

OmnioPT

OmnioPT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 / THL W200

Do you know any rom without this bug?

Never had a reboot with stock+ or lightning roms.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Cheers. I already had Pimp my ROM installed, so I'm going to try the multitasking tweaks suggested http://www.modaco.co...ix#entry2111549

Well that didn't help so I'll try the zip next.

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos

Never had a reboot with stock+ or lightning roms.

I was talking of the camera bug.

OmnioPT

OmnioPT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 / THL W200

I was talking of the camera bug.

Sorry, I think you are talking about the 3g reboots issue...

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
Whenever I try and use either the default browser or Chrome it just crashes and gives me a black screen and the lights for the three buttons at the bottom of the phone flicker, before telling me it's having problems and do I want to wait or close it. Sometimes it locks up completely and I have to remove the battery and reboot.

This is just on Wifi with a strong signal at home. I'm not using 3G and have it set to use 2G. I'm using the GB bootloader with the fix for caller ID. I did the multitasking tweaks first but they didn't fix this.

As I'm sure you'll understand, it's a bit annoying having a phone with no usable browser. I was trying to look something up yesterday and my Dad totally humiliated me by booting up his Wii and getting the information whilst I was still trying and failing to get the browser to work ;) Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

vts_free

vts_free

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Call Recorder - reloaded!

I'm trying to get help... again... I modified build.prop, and it's possible to record the call, but only with pressing the menu button and selecting record - this is what I forget all the time... not good.

I tried some call recorder apps from Play, but with those I can only record my side, the partners voice is not recorded...

PLS, anybody knows an automatic, two-way, call recorder app, which works on Stock+?

Many thanks!

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
Would be good to script that

Posted Image

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Whenever I try and use either the default browser or Chrome it just crashes and gives me a black screen and the lights for the three buttons at the bottom of the phone flicker, before telling me it's having problems and do I want to wait or close it. Sometimes it locks up completely and I have to remove the battery and reboot.

This is just on Wifi with a strong signal at home. I'm not using 3G and have it set to use 2G. I'm using the GB bootloader with the fix for caller ID. I did the multitasking tweaks first but they didn't fix this.

As I'm sure you'll understand, it's a bit annoying having a phone with no usable browser. I was trying to look something up yesterday and my Dad totally humiliated me by booting up his Wii and getting the information whilst I was still trying and failing to get the browser to work ;) Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?

I disabled Adblock Plus and now the Default Browser works, albeit very slowly but Chrome still makes the phone go weird and lock up without even opening a page and then I have to force close it. Does no-one else have this problem?

Also, Volume+ 1.9 is not working for me now. It was before with b944 so I don't know if something in b960 has broken it or if it's because I'm using the GB bootloader. Toggling the headset or Speaker EQ mod has no effect whatsoever (I'm not trying to use the call volume mod). I had a look at Volume+ v2 but I think that's not for this device/firmware.

neupuceni

neupuceni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Twitter:@neupuceni
Camera timeout fix (flash this is you have camera problems) - download

doesent work. i get failed on twrp.

any fix for camera lag?

--update
and i cant overclock it?! :(

Edited by neupuceni, 20 April 2013 - 11:32 AM.

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Camera timeout fix (flash this is you have camera problems) - download

doesent work. i get failed on twrp.

any fix for camera lag?

--update
and i cant overclock it?! :(

The camera fix is not needed with R6, it was only needed if you had a previous version. I don't get any camera lag at all with R6.

Why can't you overclock? Do you get errors? I'd consider re-flashing because it sounds as if something went wrong.

deniserxc

deniserxc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:G300
Two questions:

1. Can I modify the shortcuts on the lockscreen without installing a new lockscreen/launcher?
2. How can use the volume buttons to wake the screen. The WAKEALL application from Google Play, the suggestions from here ( http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=22163344 ) are not working. Any suggestions? :)

Edited by deniserxc, 25 April 2013 - 11:58 AM.

snowbord

snowbord

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

Hey. Just installed this but I keep getting an "Unfortunately, res/drawable-hdpi/battery_low_battery.png has stopped." error. Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Getting the same error on this ROM as well as Lightning. Did you find a fix?

Edit: The phone was not SIM unlocked. I unlocked it (all the while getting these errors, which are present in Stock+ and Lightning ROM), and the error went away.

Edited by snowbord, 26 April 2013 - 08:35 PM.

LivArt

LivArt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Is there any way how to view/change V6 Supercharger settings?
And how to correctly update this script?

CyanogenMod version 11-2013-1221-NIGHTLY-u8815

PCTechRoss

PCTechRoss

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Mobile Phones, Game Development
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S4 4G

The camera fix is not needed with R6, it was only needed if you had a previous version. I don't get any camera lag at all with R6.

Why can't you overclock? Do you get errors? I'd consider re-flashing because it sounds as if something went wrong.

Is it possible to get DSP Manager on this rom?

Check out Blooops & Sam Adventures

1a2dad00f5.png0b2f5277f1.png

Click the icon

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

Is it possible to get DSP Manager on this rom?

it's got it mate, check out the op. Says Cyanogen DSP manager, though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users