Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos
Does anyone find the video recording very very jerky? It looks like its' recorded at 20fps or something.

Here is a short sample.

https://dl.dropboxus...510499/Vid1.mp4

Even the video from my crescent 2 looks more fluid.

kupp

kupp

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Yup I get that as well, have you tried with a 3rd party camera? This might be just placebo, but I've always noticed the video gets a bit more choppy whenever I flash the resolution fix on a ROM that doesn't have it included from the start. Absolutely no idea if it's really related to that anyway.

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
Maybe it's the resolution fix, my father have the stock huawei rom and his video is more fluid, and i remember making more fluid (30 fps) video using roms without 800x480 video rresolution fix

bilakos10

bilakos10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Huawei ascend g300
Cyda that's my favourite rom out there...
I tend to use other roms but I always go back to Stock+ and ouch kernel.

Thanks

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Maybe it's the resolution fix, my father have the stock huawei rom and his video is more fluid, and i remember making more fluid (30 fps) video using roms without 800x480 video rresolution fix

It's obviously going to record at a slightly lower fps if it has a bigger resolution to process, it is a budget phone with a single core cpu after all. If this bugs you then the choices are: a different camera app, a different rom or buy a higher spec phone. Try this for video recording, its probably the best you can get on a G300: https://play.google....pepper.lgCamera

Cyda that's my favourite rom out there...
I tend to use other roms but I always go back to Stock+ and ouch kernel.

Thanks

Thanks. It's always nice to hear the rom is a favourite. :)

Edited by Cyda, 31 May 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
I will try lgcamera. BTW, is it possible to disable the fix that makes the official camera record at 800x480?

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

I will try lgcamera. BTW, is it possible to disable the fix that makes the official camera record at 800x480?

- Yes, go to system/etc/media_profiles.XML

- Change 800x480 to 640x480

- Reboot.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
I'm getting terrible battery life using stock+. It loses more than 1% of battery each minute I use the phone. I took it and started browsing (tapatalk) at 43% and ten minutes later it was at 26%.

What can i do?. I'm using last stock+ with 3G on, wifi off, stock cpu values, gps off, and lots of apps hibernated using greenify.

bilakos10

bilakos10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Huawei ascend g300

I'm getting terrible battery life using stock+. It loses more than 1% of battery each minute I use the phone. I took it and started browsing (tapatalk) at 43% and ten minutes later it was at 26%.

What can i do?. I'm using last stock+ with 3G on, wifi off, stock cpu values, gps off, and lots of apps hibernated using greenify.

I get easily 2 days with stock+ with 4+ hours of screen time (being using ouch kernel v1.4)
Probably there's a rogue app that drains your battery. Try a clean install with full wipes and see if your battery drains that fast (don't install your apps after the clean install to see how's your battery.)

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
Here's a screen capture of my battery stats:

Posted Image

The screen has been on for 2h more or less.

rikard0__

rikard0__

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:HUAWEI G300
Hello ppl its possible instal the electra keyboard and flashlight in this ROM!? mi phone looks awesome with this rom but i like some things in electra!:/ can i instal what i like in other rom in this Stock+ Rom!?
thanks a lot lovly work.. ;)

PEACE

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

I get easily 2 days with stock+ with 4+ hours of screen time (being using ouch kernel v1.4)
Probably there's a rogue app that drains your battery. Try a clean install with full wipes and see if your battery drains that fast (don't install your apps after the clean install to see how's your battery.)

I've realized that this only happens when using 3G. I've been using the phone at home with wifi always on and the battery has last two days, so it's the 3G that's being problematic.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

I've realized that this only happens when using 3G. I've been using the phone at home with wifi always on and the battery has last two days, so it's the 3G that's being problematic.

That's funny as I've been led to believe it's WiFi that drains the battery, more than 2G if not 3G anyway and I've been thinking about paying for a data plan so that I can leave WiFi switched off at home!

I think I only get about 1 day with WiFi on.

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
That's what i don't understand. I always got almost two days of battery using wifi, but the moment I turn the 3G on it drains very very fast. Maybe there is a bug with the radio, i don't know.

cashmerecardi

cashmerecardi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

That's funny as I've been led to believe it's WiFi that drains the battery, more than 2G if not 3G anyway and I've been thinking about paying for a data plan so that I can leave WiFi switched off at home!

I think I only get about 1 day with WiFi on.

Try putting the "Better WiFi on/off" app on your phone. It has extended my battery life loads.

cashmerecardi

cashmerecardi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Weird problem this morning. Got up to find battery nearly depleted as my screen had been on all night displaying something like "You have not backed up your data for x. Back up now?" (Can't remember exact words).

I have all back up and synch turned off in settings. Can I stop this from happening again? Why does this message disable sleep? Is it a bug?

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
I keep having problems where I can't open the phone/phonebook and it just dumps me back to the Home screen. I find everything very unresponsive and it takes a second or two for menus to open or respond to input. Today I checked and still had 95MB free. I seem to have fixed the problem by killing CIPSimple now but I'm not sure why that would prevent accessing the phonebook, as that's normally only presented as a choice after I've chosen a number to dial.

Actually that wasn't the cause as it just happened again with it not running. It's a lot better as it was impossible to open at all before and now only happens occasionally but it suggests that the issue is lack of resources or something rather than CIPSimple specifically. I tend to find rebooting gets it working normally again but obviously it's unacceptable when I need to make a call to find I have to reboot first!

Probably unrelated but I often see things like Maps (I have two instances of this running for some reason) say Restarting when I look at Running Apps.

stanik

stanik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
after install huawei toggles zip. i got them till i reboot now they gone back to CM toggles
and on CM data light sticks lighted up even if the data is off in settings
Anyone now how to get huawei toggles to stay??

Sir Bacon

Sir Bacon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
This was my daily rom before I joined this community, I never had opportunity to say thanks, so thanks hahah :P :D

stevan930

stevan930

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:asceng g300
I have only this small problem with rom its very quiet sound in my microfone..With other roms i didnt have this problen i didnt have compains that people dont hear me.
Can someone help because this definitely my favourite rom.Thanks a lot Cyda.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users