[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

• Please log in to reply
1230 replies to this topic

zlod

zlod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hey. Just installed this but I keep getting an "Unfortunately, res/drawable-hdpi/battery_low_battery.png has stopped." error. Anyone know what i can do to fix this?

Getting the same error on this ROM as well as Lightning. Did you find a fix?

Edit: The phone was not SIM unlocked. I unlocked it (all the while getting these errors, which are present in Stock+ and Lightning ROM), and the error went away.

can anyone else confirm this?
thanks

zlod

zlod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

can anyone else confirm this?
thanks

I've just tested it myself - network unlocking does appear to solve this issue

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Is there any way for us to get security patches like this?

http://www.tweaktown...m_campaign=ttcs

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]
Use newest cm nighlty.

Or dont get overhyped and just use your head :) (Realy, 99 percent of android user will never been infected)

PaulMilbank

PaulMilbank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Is there any way for us to get security patches like this?

http://www.tweaktown...m_campaign=ttcs

Not until the details are made public and/or an update is pushed out by OEM's. I doubt Huwaei would bother. As above, it has been patched in latest CyanogenMod.
https://github.com/C...53d16fdbc19f1f8
http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/45251/

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Not until the details are made public and/or an update is pushed out by OEM's. I doubt Huwaei would bother. As above, it has been patched in latest CyanogenMod.
https://github.com/C...53d16fdbc19f1f8
http://review.cyanog....org/#/c/45251/

So how have CM done it if none of that has happened?

zlod

zlod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
is there any fix for the low volume when on speaker phone for this mod? thanks

Naikkon

Naikkon

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g510
  • Twitter:@Naikon9
it's possible to change the format of the battery from the circle whit normal battery ?

Device :     Huawei Ascend G510-100

ROM:         Stock B195

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos
Any fix for the 3g draining?. I can use the mobile all day in 2G or wifi and it doesn't drain, but the moment I turn 3g on and I use the telephone the battery goes down about 1-2% every minute. My wife g300 does the same.

Any fix?

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
Mine drains in wifi and even worse in 2g!

sodhi.dhil2on

sodhi.dhil2on

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:MOD DEVICE
  • Twitter:@dhil2on
nice rom i like but one thing add vol up down buton to wakup function add

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

nice rom i like but one thing add vol up down buton to wakup function add

There is a flashable zip in the addons.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Any fix for the 3g draining?. I can use the mobile all day in 2G or wifi and it doesn't drain, but the moment I turn 3g on and I use the telephone the battery goes down about 1-2% every minute. My wife g300 does the same.

Any fix?

That's my experience with 3G on all ROMs that I have tried. I just stick with 2G most of the time and use https://play.google....itchnetworktype to toggle if/when necessary. I'm still on Stock+ but planning to go to Slim once I have done the official bootloader unlock....

Feahnor

Feahnor

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade S, Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@jmphotos
Slim is not as responsive as stock+, i'm on slim and it's way slower.

I guess I'll just have to buy a new phone. Not being able to use the 3G because of battery drain is not acceptable.

Do any of you know if it also happens in 2.3 roms?

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Slim is not as responsive as stock+, i'm on slim and it's way slower.

Seems to me that many others say otherwise. I'm still on Stock+ R4 and never got a chance to upgrade but it can be very very laggy at times. I'm going to try Slim once I get around to doing the official bootloader unlock.

Do any of you know if it also happens in 2.3 roms?

I don't know. I wasn't on GB long enough to find out.

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Seems to me that many others say otherwise. I'm still on Stock+ R4 and never got a chance to upgrade but it can be very very laggy at times. I'm going to try Slim once I get around to doing the official bootloader unlock.

I don't know. I wasn't on GB long enough to find out.

Yeah, I find Stock+ very laggy most of the time and I have to wait several seconds between letters when typing in a Browser (tried Chrome and Dolphin) for instance (not to mention pages take ages to open whether I'm on wifi or 3G), or loading apps often takes ages or hangs and it asks me I if want to wait, which makes me rarely use the phone for anything much other than phone calls and mp3 player now! Keep meaning to try Slim myself when I find time. Of course it might be the apps that are causing the lag rather than Stock+ itself but I haven't exactly got a much installed, at least not that's loaded by default when I try and use the browser, etc and a smartphone's no better than a non-smartphone if you can't install/use apps on it.

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]

That's my experience with 3G on all ROMs that I have tried. I just stick with 2G most of the time and use https://play.google....itchnetworktype to toggle if/when necessary. I'm still on Stock+ but planning to go to Slim once I have done the official bootloader unlock....

you dont need it.

just long press on data toggle...

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Yeah, I find Stock+ very laggy most of the time and I have to wait several seconds between letters when typing in a Browser

That is not normal behaviour for this rom, hell, if it was no one would use it. Something else is going wrong if you are lagging this much. My wife still has this rom on her phone, as do two of my mates, and the phones are still as quick as when the rom was first installed. I know that none of the Huawei based roms are perfect but this rom does not normally perform in the way you describe, or at least not on any of the phones I've used. I'd try a fresh install or a different rom but I certainly couldn't put up with a phone lagging as much as you describe, it would have been bounced off something by now.

soulhand

soulhand

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, San Francisco 2
  • Twitter:@soulhand

That is not normal behaviour for this rom, hell, if it was no one would use it. Something else is going wrong if you are lagging this much

it was laggy for me too. I'm sure it was not the ROM itself but something else about my phone or apps. Previously I'd switched from Dazzazo's 10.1 because that was laggy. After Stock+ I switched to Slim bean and that's less laggy so far but I also didn't restore app settings so that may be connected?

Any hints on how to analyse why it might lag?

doveman

doveman

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

That is not normal behaviour for this rom, hell, if it was no one would use it. Something else is going wrong if you are lagging this much. My wife still has this rom on her phone, as do two of my mates, and the phones are still as quick as when the rom was first installed. I know that none of the Huawei based roms are perfect but this rom does not normally perform in the way you describe, or at least not on any of the phones I've used. I'd try a fresh install or a different rom but I certainly couldn't put up with a phone lagging as much as you describe, it would have been bounced off something by now.

Yeah, believe me I've been tempted to throw it at something and have been cursing it and telling my friends that smartphones, at least cheap ones, are a complete pain in the butt (I assume the more expensive, multi-core ones are a lot better).

I figured it wouldn't be so popular if it was always like this. I did reinstall quite recently and made sure to only install the apps I really needed so that I could test it. It's generally a lot better if I reboot it but of course you don't want to have to keep doing that.

Anyway, I installed RAM Manager Free and Cache Cleaner yesterday so maybe they'll help. If not, I guess I'll have to try another reinstall and start again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users