[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest OmnioPT

Cyda, is there anyway to optimize the battery discharge on 3G?

I think is the only issue this rom have.

I noticed this today. With 3G on, my G300 drains from 93% to 80% in less then 10 minutes. And the phone is on standby...

Cheers

Edited by OmnioPT

Guest OmnioPT

Hello,

In "media_profiles" file, if i change the resolution settings from 640*480 in 800*480, the camcorder will shoot in 800*480 resolution?

Dinamo, just flash the patch thru CWM. Is on page 5!

Guest matrakio

Since my headphones don't have mic, is it possible to make or answer a call, with the headphones plugged in and using the phones mic? Is a bit annoying having to remove the headphones to answer a call.

Slim ROM has updated GPS files, install PimpMyRom from the play store and use the GPS tweaks. Its basically the same thing.

Thanks! Will try this out. And any pointer for the default storage reverting to internal issue?

Guest cpw1959

Hi Guys, First off..Cyda Welcome back.

I've been using Stock+ as my every day rom since it first came out without any real problems or incidents and i've tried all sorts of others but always came back to stock+ so I am glad for the update/refresh.

However I have found a niggle on this Rom that i would love to change if possible but if not it's something that I can easily live with :)

In the Settings > about phone >operator and country info... is there an easy way to alter this from Vodaphone to O2/telefonica.

Thanks for letting me waffle on.

is there an easy way to alter this from Vodaphone to O2/telefonica.

I guess this is related to the rom being based a Vodafone PT rom. It might be possible to edit some config files somewhere to change this, I'm not sure off the top of my head. I'll have a poke about when I get chance.

Guest Colossae3.23

@ Cyda, nice one mate. Thanks for doing this. Having a niggle though. Play Store sees my account, but my all "paid for" apps, aren't showing as mine. In other words, they want me to pay again!? Any ideas? This is the first I've seen something like this.

Cheers

Edit: if it helps I'm coming from Dazz's CM 10.1

Edited by Colossae3.23

@ Cyda, nice one mate. Thanks for doing this. Having a niggle though. Play Store sees my account, but my all "paid for" apps, aren't showing as mine. In other words, they want me to pay again!? Any ideas? This is the first I've seen something like this.

Cheers

Edit: if it helps I'm coming from Dazz's CM 10.1

I've had this myself before now on different roms. I think I cured it by clearing the app data for the play store.

I'll try to reproduce it here and see if it was clearing the app data that cured it.

Edit: Nah, sorry, can't reproduce it here. All my paid apps are there and download & install fine. Give wiping its app data a try as it must be a Play issue.

post-923750-0-67854000-1361890327_thumb.post-923750-0-60220500-1361890336_thumb.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Colossae3.23

I've had this myself before now on different roms. I think I cured it by clearing the app data for the play store.

I'll try to reproduce it here and see if it was clearing the app data that cured it.

Edit: Nah, sorry, can't reproduce it here. All my paid apps are there and download & install fine. Give wiping its app data a try as it must be a Play issue.

thanks, that did it ;)

I just remembered Why I left stock+ the first time. the random internal/external storage and different apps not liking it

This random internal/external thing is because of the way Huawei have their internal and external storage config. It seems if the sdcard doesn't respond fast enough then the storage is switched to internal. I fixed this on my phone by buying a new decent sdcard (I needed a bigger card anyway) but my friend had this issue at the weekend and it was resolved by formatting the sdcard with the official sdcard formatter - if you have ever formatted your sdcard in Windows then you have already degraded its performance, use the sdcard formatter if you want the best performance. Since using that tool my friends sdcard mounts first every time and has not switched to internal once. Apart from offering this advice there is _nothing_ I can do about the problem as I refuse to start messing about switching internal/external file tables around because it causes more issues than it fixes.

In other news, I have a new release which I'll post later (once I get home and back to a decent upload) which should (hopefully) fix the missing toggles that some people are getting, fix the GPS issues, change back to the correct circle mod and add the missing profile app for the toggles.

Edited by Cyda

Cyda, do you know if you copy all the files off, then back onto the SD card after using the formatting tool, everything will still work like it did?

Yeah, it will. I have done it myself so I could format my card with the official tool (having previously formatted it with Windows). I just switched my phone off, pulled the card out and put it in a usb adapter, copied the files to a folder on my pc, formatted the card using the Format (overwrite) option and then copied the files back again. No difference at all on the phone as long as all files are copied from & back to.

Edited by Cyda

This random internal/external thing is because of the way Huawei have their internal and external storage config. It seems if the sdcard doesn't respond fast enough then the storage is switched to internal. I fixed this on my phone by buying a new decent sdcard (I needed a bigger card anyway) but my friend had this issue at the weekend and it was resolved by formatting the sdcard with the official sdcard formatter - if you have ever formatted your sdcard in Windows then you have already degraded its performance, use the sdcard formatter if you want the best performance. Since using that tool my friends sdcard mounts first every time and has not switched to internal once. Apart from offering this advice there is _nothing_ I can do about the problem as I refuse to start messing about switching internal/external file tables around because it causes more issues than it fixes.

In other news, I have a new release which I'll post later (once I get home and back to a decent upload) which should (hopefully) fix the missing toggles that some people are getting, fix the GPS issues, change back to the correct circle mod and add the missing profile app for the toggles.

Super! This trick fixed my SD card issue. Rebooted twice after formatting with the SD card formatter, and the external memory held its ground :)

Cyda, do you know if you copy all the files off, then back onto the SD card after using the formatting tool, everything will still work like it did?

Worked great for me, finally.

Guest lostboybinns

I switch between storage and lose apps! when I installed stock+ again it had remembered the apps I had installed from the last time I used stock+ last year. how does it remember? probably all backup?

I switch between storage and lose apps! when I installed stock+ again it had remembered the apps I had installed from the last time I used stock+ last year. how does it remember? probably all backup?

It must be from restoring a backup.

Edited by Cyda

Hi Cyda, great work! But where is the original topic? At certain moment I couldn't find your profile neither.

Long story short; I saw my arse with some comments, threw my rattle out the pram, grew a slightly thicker skin, calmed down, got bored and then came back. s*** happens. ;)

Edited by Cyda

Yeah, it will. I have done it myself so I could format my card with the official tool (having previously formatted it with Windows). I just switched my phone off, pulled the card out and put it in a usb adapter, copied the files to a folder on my pc, formatted the card using the Format (overwrite) option and then copied the files back again. No difference at all on the phone as long as all files are copied from & back to.

Do you have to copy all the invisible files?