[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

It looks like permissions for /sdcard/ are broken because I have only read permission.

I have internal storage as /sdcard/ and external storage as /sdcard2/. On sdcard2 I have normall permissions.

Edited by LivArt

It looks like permissions for /sdcard/ are broken because I have only read permission.

Seems fine here, getting no issues with sdcard. The rom doesn't set recursive permissions on the sdcard, not in the same way as it does to the /data partition for example, there isn't even a reference to sdcard when setting permissions in the updater-script. Have you restored these files from another location or anything?

my friend had this issue at the weekend and it was resolved by formatting the sdcard with the official sdcard formatter - if you have ever formatted your sdcard in Windows then you have already degraded its performance, use the sdcard formatter if you want the best performance

Is there any systematic analysis of sdcard performance under Windows FAT formatting versus this sdcard formatter? I did a quick test of a 1GB micro sdcard and got these results which seem as near as makes no difference (admittedly only a single run for each case):

Windows XP Pro SP3 32 bit FAT formatted:

Test finished without errors.

You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.

Writing speed: 6.91 MByte/s

Reading speed: 12.5 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

SDcard formatter formatted:

Writing speed: 7.10 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

Is there any systematic analysis of sdcard performance under Windows FAT formatting versus this sdcard formatter?

Possibly but not done by me, try some of the documentation on that website. Just passing on some info that seems to work, take from it what you will.

I have internal storage as /sdcard/ and external storage as /sdcard2/. On sdcard2 I have normall permissions.

This has been discussed a few times in this thread. You can just change it back to external and it should stay, if not maybe try the advice given a page or so ago, it worked for 2 people so far.

Edited by Cyda

Guest andy/newbie

Amazing rom it really is the best one I have tryed I don't no if its coz of the new huawie bace or how you tweeked it but I am just really Impressed with it cm jb was smooth to a point but laggy and jittery on my phone witch defeats the object of jb its sepost to stop that well thanks again for this grate rom. Its a keeper everything just workz

Guest bladebuddy

Loving you're work Cyder, only flashed it today after a nightmare of trying to.

Smooth and slick as always, my only problem is the stock wallpaper reminds me of the inside of the glass marbles I played as a kid. (Showing my age).

Thanks for this J.

Is there any systematic analysis of sdcard performance under Windows FAT formatting versus this sdcard formatter? I did a quick test of a 1GB micro sdcard and got these results which seem as near as makes no difference (admittedly only a single run for each case):

Windows XP Pro SP3 32 bit FAT formatted:

Writing speed: 6.91 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

SDcard formatter formatted:

Writing speed: 7.10 MByte/s

H2testw v1.4

Did not find detailed information from the official help doc: https://www.sdcard.o...ormatter_4e.pdf

Found a couple of other info source too: http://www.techgeeka...format-sd-card/

http://www.lightroom...-cards-(freebie)

But, this hack so far has worked for me.

Edit: Fiddled with the CWM menu for sometime this morning, and the internal storage issue has resurfaced. Annoying.

Edited by smweb

This has been discussed a few times in this thread. You can just change it back to external and it should stay, if not maybe try the advice given a page or so ago, it worked for 2 people so far.

But I want internal as /sdcard/, but I also want to fix permissions there.

Finally, I fixed it. I made my SD card /sdcard/ and internall /sdcard2/, then formatted /sdcard2/ in phone (in storage settings) and right permissions are back.

Edit2: after default storage is set to internal memory, the problem si back, I don't have permissions to write here. I tried this solution, but problem persist. Tried format /system and then reflash, still persist.

Edited by LivArt

Thanks! Will try this out. And any pointer for the default storage reverting to internal issue?

Go to system/etc and swap the names of the files internal.stab and external.fstab. That's a workaround, send me those .fstab files if you want, and I can make a flashable zip. The only problem with this is the 'internal' is actually the SD card, and vice versa. If your the kind of person who relies on sense, rather than what it says, it won't bother you :D

Guest dinamo1975

Hi,

If you want to record a conversation in progress (call), change in buid.prop:

ro.config.hw_voicerecord=false

in

ro.config.hw_voicerecord=true

Edited by dinamo1975

Guest Colossae3.23

been on CM roms so long I forget, if you can remove icons from the notification bar on stock roms. Does anyone know how? Looking to remove the clock and batt icons, as I use a widget for that stuff (too small to read on the bar, for me)

Also, these Huawei power toggles; I can re-arrange them, but can you remove the ones you don't want? You know like on cm?

Ta

Go to system/etc and swap the names of the files internal.stab and external.fstab. That's a workaround, send me those .fstab files if you want, and I can make a flashable zip. The only problem with this is the 'internal' is actually the SD card, and vice versa. If your the kind of person who relies on sense, rather than what it says, it won't bother you :D

So what would happen if you just set everything to external (ie, removed all reference to internal) sd card?

Anyway to use the phone's mic with the headset on?

Not that I know of, I think you need a headset with a mic.

But I want internal as /sdcard/, but I also want to fix permissions there.

Finally, I fixed it. I made my SD card /sdcard/ and internall /sdcard2/, then formatted /sdcard2/ in phone (in storage settings) and right permissions are back.

Edit2: after default storage is set to internal memory, the problem si back, I don't have permissions to write here. I tried this solution, but problem persist. Tried format /system and then reflash, still persist.

This rom includes my Link2Int mod and was intended to be used with the sdcard as default storage and the internal for app storage, so it could be this that is causing issues as you are trying to use internal as main storage. Try uninstalling the Link2sd app, and maybe even delete the file 02link2int_mount from /system/etc/init.d - this should remove the Link2Int mod and restore the internal partition back to normal.

been on CM roms so long I forget, if you can remove icons from the notification bar on stock roms. Does anyone know how? Looking to remove the clock and batt icons, as I use a widget for that stuff (too small to read on the bar, for me)

Also, these Huawei power toggles; I can re-arrange them, but can you remove the ones you don't want? You know like on cm?

Ta

In the toggle options it shows three lines of buttons, the top two will be shown and the third hidden. Drag any buttons you don't want on to the third row and they won't show but you still have to have 2 rows full. Hope that makes sense. They can also be disabled via Settings > Display > Notification and then something like PowerToggles can be installed instead.

Edited by Cyda

Did not find detailed information from the official help doc: https://www.sdcard.o...ormatter_4e.pdf

Found a couple of other info source too: http://www.techgeeka...format-sd-card/

http://www.lightroom...-cards-(freebie)

But, this hack so far has worked for me.

Edit: Fiddled with the CWM menu for sometime this morning, and the internal storage issue has resurfaced. Annoying.

Thanks. I assume that the sd formatter tools ensures that partitions are aligned (and block size is optimal?) for best performace and wear of a flash card or something? I suppose no harm - and maybe some benefit - in using it rather than a native OS (e.g. Windows) format.

Guest supercx

Hello,

I´m using this ROM R2, and after the last time i started my phone the "No-Frills CPU" has disappeared and the "google talk" also.

I have made a factory reset, but still don't appear the two applications! Any suggestions?

The Same.Both are stock.

But scrolling on Infusion is smooth as hell.And on Stock+ its lagging

Not lagging here and many other have commented on how smooth this is for them, but then if Infusion works better for you then just use that and everyone's happy. :)

Hello,

I´m using this ROM R2, and after the last time i started my phone the "No-Frills CPU" has disappeared and the "google talk" also.

I have made a factory reset, but still don't appear the two applications! Any suggestions?

No idea why they would dissappear. Just reinstall the rom over the top again and without wipes.

Now it works! :)

THX Cyda.

Great. :) Glad to know you sorted it.

Edited by Cyda