[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest bladebuddy
I to am having text message problems.

I'm with virgin who use orange and t mobile, didn't come from a clean install

Is the message just saying "sending" as I have a similar problem, sending a text to my mum on mothers day in France. Sent a email instead and all was good.

Like to know what the problem is though. J

Just tested the texts here and they send fine for me on GiffGaff. Those having problems can you post the network you are on to see if there is some sort of pattern?

snapshot20130310130254.png

So it really capture 480x800

Yes, it says 640x480 in the cam app but there is a fix in place which changes the actual recording res to 800x480.

Guest bladebuddy
Just tested the texts here and they send fine for me on GiffGaff. Those having problems can you post the network you are on to see if there is some sort of pattern?

On giffgaff also. I think it was a problem at my mums end. A long time after sending or trying to send the text. I got a message not sent notification. Tried again and all was good. Sorry J

Guest lostboybinns

That rocket player is not brilliant either. I get sound glitches if I do anything else while playing music and if I'm in the car on the move

Guest Combat Gerbil

That rocket player is not brilliant either. I get sound glitches if I do anything else while playing music and if I'm in the car on the move

Just extract one of the earlier versions of the ROM to your pc and copy the MediaCenter.apk from the system/app folder to the same location on your phone and reboot.. you'll have the stock Huawei player back and can uninstall Rocket player if you wish..

It's what I did..

Uninstall it then. I left it as a normal user app so it can be uninstalled in a click if you don't like it. That said, I have never once heard any sound glitches from it.

Edited by Cyda

Guest bogdansava21

when someone is calling me, I don't see his name, just the number...and if i answer I see his name. And I have contacts on sim and phone. Any solutions?

Guest Fenomenorx

Hi. I installed the r6 with a clean install, flash Supremacy Trilogy and installed kernel # 15. was smooth as hell, but the call quality is not very good. Who is listening complains of noise and cuts. With the r5 i have a good call quality, with the original kernel and without the Supremacy Trilogy. Could it be that causing the worse call quality?

thanks

Guest kyan31

got caller id lag

Your first ever post on Modaco is a complaint. At least say "thanks for the rom" or something before you complain about a problem that cant be fixed.

While people have made attempts to fix it, I doubt a working one will actually emerge.

Guest fr0do

I think the fix is to keep contacts in memory so access is faster. You would than have to decide if that was more important to you than battery life/ performance in other tasks.

I've seen someone somewhere set that in build prop. Can't remember where now sorry.

What you can do about it now, is remove any other crap taking precedence. Worst offenders are location services/ maps, hotmail, gmail, Facebook, Twitter, big launchers like go launcher, for starters. Any notification service, process sitting in memory for caller id to fight with when you want it to show you who's calling.

Guest Timbones
Hi. I installed the r6 with a clean install, flash Supremacy Trilogy and installed kernel # 15. was smooth as hell, but the call quality is not very good.

Can't help with call quality, but Supremacy Trilogy isn't needed on this ROM as it already has the same tweaks. :)

Guest dalyer

I think the fix is to keep contacts in memory so access is faster. You would than have to decide if that was more important to you than battery life/ performance in other tasks.

I've seen someone somewhere set that in build prop. Can't remember where now sorry.

Is this the tweak/hack?

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2096215

http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2096557

Edit: oh - just noticed this thread now:

Edited by dalyer

Guest Fenomenorx

Hi cyda. Tks for your great rom. Have you change anything in voice call quality in r6? I notice that have worst qualitity than r5. Thanks

Guest Fenomenorx

Can't help with call quality, but Supremacy Trilogy isn't needed on this ROM as it already has the same tweaks. :)

thanks Timbones.

Hi cyda. Tks for your great rom. Have you change anything in voice call quality in r6? I notice that have worst qualitity than r5. Thanks

No, there are no changes in R6 that will affect voice quality, none that I can think of anyway. I can't say I have noticed any difference in call quality.

Guest dmalaquias

What you can do about it now, is remove any other crap taking precedence. Worst offenders are location services/ maps, hotmail, gmail, Facebook, Twitter, big launchers like go launcher, for starters. Any notification service, process sitting in memory for caller id to fight with when you want it to show you who's calling.

The only build.prop tweak that i know to contacts is

sys.keep_app_1=com.android.contacts

I don't think that solves the problem but it happens less

I'll try tillaz mod to solve this problem :P

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, just as an experiment. I'm an obsessive tweaker, and if anything new or modded ocmes out, I've got to try it... but I've trashed down my phone, done a completely clean install. No overclocking, no different kernel, no scripts or tweaks - and guess what - it runs just fine, as smooth and as fast as with anything else... so my conclusion is don't bother with overclocking or different kernels or scrips, as they make no noticeable difference. And forget benchmarks. They're irrelevent to daily usage. The phone runs pretty darned fast and smooth as is on this ROM, and I seriously think any percieved improvements by overclocking, changing governors, kernels etc is mainly a placebo effect. Especially overclocking. All it is really going to do is consume more battery. Performance increase is negligible in actual use.