Photo

[ROM] [CM10.1+AOKP+PA3] Root Box for ZTE Blade (Updated 17/9/13)

* * * * * 6 votes

341 replies to this topic

zeelog

zeelog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
new build up:

ROM v20.0.0 (25 FEB 2013)
http://goo.im/devs/z....0.0-250213.zip
Framework: fix rotation of electron beam animation (credit tilal6991)
Added CM File Manager
Added option to disable button backlight (credit C3C0)

ehleh

new build up:

Added CM File Manager

is the touch smoother on this build?

sir zeelog, how to disable the navigation bar?..

Edited by ehleh, 26 February 2013 - 06:32 AM.

keyboardshortcut

keyboardshortcut

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:zte blade
Hi Zee,

Thanks for the beautiful rom, idk if it is good to configure in PA and configure in AOKP at the same time, system ui error pops up.
When I go to PA configuration and use the stock ui and enable nav bar to 100% and when I go to AOKP configuration and change the "back key to home", system ui error pops up. :(

but if I reset the AOKP config, the system ui error disappears.

don't know where to look for a logcat...

Keep it up. :D

pratiksadhu

pratiksadhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Dell xcd35

Changelog:

Added CM File Manager

ROM v20.0.0 (21 FEB 2013)
http://goo.im/devs/z...2.2-v20.0.0.zip
Initial Release
Not an upgrade for previous PAC rom releases

Play store is unable to donload any apps.. (Error 404)

qlimax20

qlimax20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade
Pls screen

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (San Fran)
Hi ZeeLog,

Do I have to wipe previous setup for these settings to take effect, or can I install over the top?? As I thought based on the same ROM family, you could just install over the top... However I still have the Turn Off (rotation) bug....?? However, by installing this new ROM, it has lost/wiped my Hybrid PA settings...??

So it looks like it has taken the new ROM, but unfortunately hasnt cured the Off bug...?? (as said, its no biggie.... as ya see it for like less than a second... lol)

With regards to ROMControl, I've tweaked no more than I would normally... Fairly confident with this, no expert... But dont enable things I dont understand, or push the Blade to high... as need the phone to work ;) lol

The one thing I am looking forward too, is if there is any news on the built in Weather features of AOKP ;) :D So miss that, I know its small... but it is cool!! ;) lol

Anyway, thanks again... :)

Lister

bladeuv880

bladeuv880

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade-U V880
Hi Zeelog,

I always wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache + wipe dalvik-cache. Still I see this ROM (blade_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v20.0.0) is quite slow. I will check for future versions. Thanks a lot for your effort on ZTE blade.

re file manager, rom size is already 159mb - i'm trying to get this rom to fit in a 160MB partition - you can easily download a file manager app from play store - EDIT: actually i managed to fit it in on today's build :-) - re touch not responsive, hopefully will fix in the next build, EDIT: not sure this has something with Trebuchet, feels much smoother with another launcher such as NOVA...

just guessing here...you need to wipe everything before flashing PAC_JB_4.2.2-v20.0.0 - especially if you're coming from 19.3.8, otherwise you're into some unpleasant surprises..

many thanks for your feedback, re screen off bug this will be fixed in the next build, regarding random reboots - so far i didn't encounter any, yet i'm not overclocking - also, i don't suggest playing around aokp performance control unless you really know what you're doing
1. make sure your internet connection is up and running, other thing you might need to check is partition size. 2. no i won't include them in the rom, as this goes against google policy - as any other rom you need to install gapps package after installing the rom 3. same as 2, i won't be including any 3rd party apps, if you wish you can easily download 3rd party keyboard of your choice 4. app/settings sizes, dpi, you can change yourself via hybyrid properties - paranoidandroid settings
yes, it should work

sure, will include some screenshots eventually.

re file manager, rom size is already 159mb - i'm trying to get this rom to fit in a 160MB partition - you can easily download a file manager app from play store - EDIT: actually i managed to fit it in on today's build :-) - re touch not responsive, hopefully will fix in the next build, EDIT: not sure this has something with Trebuchet, feels much smoother with another launcher such as NOVA...

just guessing here...you need to wipe everything before flashing PAC_JB_4.2.2-v20.0.0 - especially if you're coming from 19.3.8, otherwise you're into some unpleasant surprises..

many thanks for your feedback, re screen off bug this will be fixed in the next build, regarding random reboots - so far i didn't encounter any, yet i'm not overclocking - also, i don't suggest playing around aokp performance control unless you really know what you're doing
1. make sure your internet connection is up and running, other thing you might need to check is partition size. 2. no i won't include them in the rom, as this goes against google policy - as any other rom you need to install gapps package after installing the rom 3. same as 2, i won't be including any 3rd party apps, if you wish you can easily download 3rd party keyboard of your choice 4. app/settings sizes, dpi, you can change yourself via hybyrid properties - paranoidandroid settings
yes, it should work

yes, it should work

zeelog

zeelog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Pls screen

i've uploaded some screenshots, 3rd post.

Hi ZeeLog,

Do I have to wipe previous setup for these settings to take effect, or can I install over the top?? As I thought based on the same ROM family, you could just install over the top... However I still have the Turn Off (rotation) bug....?? However, by installing this new ROM, it has lost/wiped my Hybrid PA settings...??

So it looks like it has taken the new ROM, but unfortunately hasnt cured the Off bug...?? (as said, its no biggie.... as ya see it for like less than a second... lol)

With regards to ROMControl, I've tweaked no more than I would normally... Fairly confident with this, no expert... But dont enable things I dont understand, or push the Blade to high... as need the phone to work ;) lol

The one thing I am looking forward too, is if there is any news on the built in Weather features of AOKP ;) :D So miss that, I know its small... but it is cool!! ;) lol

Anyway, thanks again... :)

Lister

you can install last update on top, no need to wipe, bug should be fixed, double checked to make sure :-) re hybrid settings you need to take a backup otherwise they get overwritten...weather panel, i guess we have to wait for that one

Hi Zeelog,

I always wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache + wipe dalvik-cache. Still I see this ROM (blade_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v20.0.0) is quite slow. I will check for future versions. Thanks a lot for your effort on ZTE blade.

i have to agree, rom is a bit laggy and quite resource hungry, however it's still in its early stages - hopefully it will get better

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Hi ZeeLog,

Thats what I thought, if its same family of ROMs there is no need to wipe, and just flash over the top.... However I downloaded the new one, and flashed it the other day. But unfortunately I still have the same bug?? :( Oh well, as said, doesnt really bother me that much... I only mentioned as I didnt know other users were effected too, and more of just beta testing/bug finding to help out. I shall live with mine for now and re-flash again later when a newer ROM comes out... :) I shall indeed wait for the Weather Panel update too ;) lol

As for the Laggy?? I feel I am lucky here then, as so far this is the smoothest, lag free I have had of a ICS or JB based ROM. Not only that, Memory seems to be handling fairly well too... There was a Govnor (spelling??) under Burstlams ROM that seemed to make the experience seem much smoother and that was called "LagFree" but Ive not seen that in any other ROM than his??? But yeah overall my experience of this ROM is a happy and smooth one... :)

Thanks, Lister

alan1812

alan1812

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:orange san francisco
love this rom
no fm radio yet ?

saf2aqeel

saf2aqeel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:zte blade 3
hi zeelog,

wanted to try this rom on my
zte blade 3

but when i go into cwm and after factory reset i selected install zip after the setup starts it gives error
"assert failed: getprop...............................
E:error in /sdcard/filename.zip
status 7

installation aborted"

help please

saf2aqeel

saf2aqeel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
and know my blade is not starting it stays on zte screen.
:,(

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
Hi Saf2aqeel,

Its because your in the wrong forum, using the wrong ROM for your phone... :(

This ROM in this thread, is for the original Blade (Blade 1) and so therefor wont be compatible with your phone....

Please look at this thread, and try any of the ROMs there: http://www.modaco.co...85-zte-blade-3/

As for your phone, you'll have to hold down Volume and pray you can still get into Recovery with a new ROM...

{POINTLESS!!}

Hope this helps, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg, 02 March 2013 - 12:47 AM.

dkkerry

dkkerry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Awesome work Zeelog

ehleh

hi zeelog,

wanted to try this rom on my
zte blade 3

but when i go into cwm and after factory reset i selected install zip after the setup starts it gives error
"assert failed: getprop...............................
E:error in /sdcard/filename.zip
status 7

installation aborted"

help please

and know my blade is not starting it stays on zte screen.
:,(

because its for zte blade v1 not 3 !

saf2aqeel

saf2aqeel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
thank you very much ehleh

my phone is save,

khadu

khadu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE
Great rom , thanks to zeelog to make it for zte blade; but i still had to revert back to cm10.1 as it's faster than this rom

ROM: Root Box [Android 4.2.2]
RECOVERY: CWM 6.0.2.7

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:nexus1, zte blade, galaxy tab
nice attempt, will test it for a few days and see how it rolls, thanks

NorwegianLabel

NorwegianLabel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
This looks awesome! Will download and try it out now.

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:nexus1, zte blade, galaxy tab
i have a feeling this have been said before, but couldn't find it... i got latest build, how can i put my sd-ext partition in use with this? Tried looking in the forum and in phone's settings, no joy yet.

Edited by kogos, 03 March 2013 - 03:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users