Photo

[ROM] [CM10.1+AOKP+PA3] Root Box for ZTE Blade (Updated 17/9/13)

* * * * * 6 votes

• Please log in to reply
342 replies to this topic

zeelog

zeelog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
new build up:

ROM v22.2.0 (13 MAY 2013)
http://goo.im/devs/z....0_20130513.zip
Fixed SoD in Lockscreen when in landscape mode
Fixed AOKP ribbons (missing in 22.1.0!)
Added AOKP ribbons:
Options for Long Press, Icons size, Custom Icons,
Text on and off, Text color, and options for
Swipe ribbon color and Opacity
Updated to AOKP sources to Milestone 1
Settings layout redone
Updated/Added translations
More minor updates

Mihai Enea

Mihai Enea

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade

new build up:

Added AOKP ribbons:
Settings layout redone
More minor updates

10x

I'm using this ROM for 2 weeks now and seems quite ok.

ziyan

ziyan

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I think I found a bug: go to system settings -> status bar, and disable quick settings. After a reboot, system ui won't start until you re-enable it. Not a big deal, but it was hard to find which setting caused it :D

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade (San Fran)
Hi ZeeLog,

Loving the new additions to the AOKP Settings, even though not fully sure what they all do/mean... And yes I do see how cLock can be close to the original Weather in AOKP that was in the 19.xx (Android 4.1.2) ROM. But its still not as nice as the older version of Android, as in graphics (weather pictures were better in older rom) or functionality. I know the AOKP is nothing to do with you, and that you do amazing work putting all these bits together and producing us a PAC rom for our Blades... (really appreciate everything you have done for us, and continue you to do... keep it up!!!) Wonder if there is ever a way to port the old version over??

Also, like above user... I also found a bug in the new ROM re:Settings...

I noticed under the section of [Lockscreen] in Settings, that some of the tweaks I made prior to flashing the update were not present when the OS had loaded. I looked in the Settings App and it appears to be fine... However not long after clicking Lockscreen and then Shortcuts... that Settings App crashes...?? Any idea's, or is it just me...??

Might try flashing the ROM over itself (again) and see if it fixes it...

Thanks, Lister

pratiksadhu

pratiksadhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Dell xcd35

Posted Image

Paranoid 3 + Aokp 4.2.2 + Cyanogen 10.1 = PACman2

Based on Android 4.2.2

This is a combination of these three popular ROMs

Description

The struggle to find the rom you need is over. Some people like CyanogenMod, Some prefer AOKP, Some like the advantages of Paranoid Android

To cure your rom hunt we have come up with the P A C man Rom.

PACman is a unique rom.

We have picked the best features from CM10, Aokp and PA and combined them in a single rom so you get the experience you deserve

To enjoy the features of every available project without the hassle of flashing regularly.

The Rom is in WIP stage so expect some minor hickups but we are trying our best to resolve these issues

IMPORTANT: THIS IS NOT A DIRECT UPGRADE FOR PREVIOUS RELEASES OF PAC-MAN ROM, FULL WIPE IS REQUIRED. THIS IS BASED ON ANDROID 4.2.2

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

Download ROM, GAPPS on your SDCARD

ROM v 22.2.0 http://goo.im/devs/z....0_20130513.zip

GAPPS 4.2: http://www.mediafire...ss5khtjf9a5v4s9 Thanks to KonstaT

Boot into CWM Recovery
Optionally, but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM
Wipe Data/Factory Reset (Mandatory if you're coming from any other ROM!)
Wipe Cache
Mounts/Storage > Format System (Mandatory if you're coming from any other ROM!)
Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache
Install from zip > Select downloaded ROM
Install from zip > Select download GAPPS
Reboot (might take a while,pls be patient!)

> Minimum System Partition: 160MB <

CREDITS:
KonstaT - without him, this wouldn't be possible. BIG Thanks!

Daemond

Ganster
ParanoidAndroid Team
CM Team

AOKP Team

PAC Team

SOURCES: Device / Kernel / Proprietaries / Base / Legacymod

Please solve the bluetooth issue.........

custompal

custompal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

new build up:

Added AOKP ribbons:
Settings layout redone
More minor updates

It's very nice,thank you!!!

andr0idbeliev3r

andr0idbeliev3r

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Devices:Sapo a5 (Portugal's ZTE Blade)
Zeelog, plaguedbypenguins just launched a patch to correct the lowmemorykiller, basically he just downported it from the 3.4 kernel, konstaT and Daemond already updated their builds, can you update this one too please? :)

Thanks to all developers for developing such beautifull and stable ROMS and thanks to Google for developing android aaaaand thanks to the original creators of android.

My devices:

ZTE Blade- MegaDrive 4.0.4

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
Hi pratiksadhu,

The Bluetooth bug is not specific to this (Zeelog) ROM, and affects all Android 4.2.2. on our hardware. So may not see a fix for it anytime soon. I'm sure when its fixed in general, it will then be merged into all the 4.2.x roms in this forum....

Hi ZeeLog,

Please ignore my previous eMail about the Settings app crashing on the Lockscreen. It has nothing to do with your Rom/update..... Having looked on another forum for a phone I am hopefully gonna upgrade to later on, also has the same bug with the same update. So it seems AOPK have messed up, and dare say another update/build will be coming out soon....

Thanks, Lister

gunnergarp

gunnergarp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

afaik blade s is zte crescent, in which case it's not compatible, you might want to check the crescent section
re lock screen, try going into Hybrid properties > interface > Lockscreen DPI & choose a higher value - re first issue, so far I didn't come across such problem i.e. I have signal even when wifi & data are both off

Hi zeelog, I sorted out my lock screen, but it took me a while to realise that you need to turn on expert mode in hybrid tools before you got the lock screen size bar in "interfaces", also since wiping and reloading with the latest ROM version I don't have the signal problem. I am also able to pair with various Bluetooth devices OK, wireless speaker, headphones etc. so I'm not sure why others are having issues. I have to re-pair the devices with the new ROM, i.e. the restored BT pairings don't work, but once that's done its fine. ...thanks again

Droopy_be

Droopy_be

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Hello,

I'm trying the cronmod int2ext+ and it works fine for many free applications.

I have one commercial appli (sportstracker pro) and I can't install it. I receive an error during installation

Do you known this issue?

pratiksadhu

pratiksadhu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
Yes ... gr8 rom.... but still issue with bluetooth....and in dis latest update... the email app get crashed... :)

Edited by pratiksadhu, 20 May 2013 - 05:43 AM.

wso277

wso277

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Devices:Ideos x3, ascend g300

I think I found a bug: go to system settings -> status bar, and disable quick settings. After a reboot, system ui won't start until you re-enable it. Not a big deal, but it was hard to find which setting caused it :D

+1
another small bug happens when a keyboard app launches the settings menu to activate the keyboard.

Rom is working fine after installing ram manager and tweak minfree values.

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
This is by far the best ROM, however in this latest release Ive noticed a couple of bugs that have crept in....

1) Settings App / Lockscreen: When clicking the Shortcuts, it causes the App to FC (crash). This bug affects all devices based on this ROM, not just ZTE...

2) PA / Apps: When entering ParanoidAndroid, Apps section to tweak each App, the menu is to large for screen and no Save button is present.

Other than that, darn fine rom...

zeelog

zeelog

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

indeed, thanks for pointing this out, however that particular setting is intended to work only under Stock UI - highly recommended to leave that setting on anyway

This is by far the best ROM, however in this latest release Ive noticed a couple of bugs that have crept in....

1) Settings App / Lockscreen: When clicking the Shortcuts, it causes the App to FC (crash). This bug affects all devices based on this ROM, not just ZTE...

2) PA / Apps: When entering ParanoidAndroid, Apps section to tweak each App, the menu is to large for screen and no Save button is present.

Other than that, darn fine rom...

many thanks for your feedback as always lister, re lockscreen shortcuts - this will be removed in the next release, you can always use lock screen ribbons in rom control - as for pa prefs - hybrid properties, this is a known bug, infact i've included it in the last changelog - it currently works only in landscape mode (for hdpi devices)

Zeelog, plaguedbypenguins just launched a patch to correct the lowmemorykiller, basically he just downported it from the 3.4 kernel, konstaT and Daemond already updated their builds, can you update this one too please? :)

sure, will try to include in the next release

Droopy_be

Droopy_be

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
The keyboard Touchpal isn't working, after installation when I start the application to configure it, I receive a FC from the application Parameters (to configure the keyboard).
Before installation, the parameters worked fine

I use cronmod_int2ext+ (on 2 ZTE Blade)

Droopy_be

Droopy_be

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

The keyboard Touchpal isn't working, after installation when I start the application to configure it, I receive a FC from the application Parameters (to configure the keyboard).
Before installation, the parameters worked fine

I use cronmod_int2ext+ (on 2 ZTE Blade)

Can you try on your Blade if the keyboard configuration crashes also:
Parameters
Languages & input
Choose Default keyboard
Configure
--> FC

Droopy_be

Droopy_be

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Hello,

I'm trying the cronmod int2ext+ and it works fine for many free applications.

I have one commercial appli (sportstracker pro) and I can't install it. I receive an error during installation

Do you known this issue?

No problem on my other Blade !!

Lister Of Smeg

Lister Of Smeg

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
Hi Droopy_Be,

I am also a user of TouchPal keyboard, and am currently using the latest PAC rom...

I'm afraid to say (or lucky in my case) that it is working on my phone... I go to Configure and can access the settings within there, and no FC's...

I would un-install that App and re-install it if I was you (or not already tried) as I have had a similar issue with that keyboard before, although cant think what rom I was on at the time...

Thanks, Lister

gbosh

gbosh

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Atlas W (Vivacity)
Would you give me the local_manifest(s) you used to build this,I tried to make a new vuild but just can't get it to boot at all.

vivaro_bad

vivaro_bad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:zte blade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users