[Via: Vodafone]

Posted Image

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Do you know which resolution the display has? That's the only disadvantage of the Tureis.

I think the Tureis could also run at 800MHz if specified.

If the display is better on that device it's something good. But I absolutely hate that Vodafone branding.

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  • Devices:Moto E
it's qvga same as tureis, infact the back housing is identical, main bonus is the 512mb ram and msm7225a cpu that can be overclocked to 1008mhz

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
Maybe I will buy one. The only thing I don't understand is why they are sticking with Android 2.3.x.

4.x. has been released a long time ago, it's about time to react.

j3zzoo

j3zzoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE P752D, Lumia520, HTC OneX
Guys, I have this phone from Vodafone Ireland. There is no related forum section so I'm writing here. I can't root this phone by any way. So far I've tried many "one click" tools, searched on google and found nothing. X-ray application shows that device is NOT vulnerable for any rooting exploits. What can I do ? Where I can find help ? Maybe here ?

List of applications that I've tried so far :

SuperOneClick
ZhuoDashi
SRSRoot
UnlockRoot
UniversalAndroot
OneClickRoot

If anyone can help and need more information about this phone just let me know. I'm really desperate about rooting this one :)

hecatae

hecatae

Hardcore

• Moderator Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,252 posts
  • Devices:Moto E
if you have a boot.img I could build you a cwm recovery

j3zzoo

j3zzoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have no idea how to dump it. So far I found that I can only dump /system on non rooted phone.

dedeswim

dedeswim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone Smart Chat
I tried to dump all the content on the phone, but I could just get /system folder
If we don't find a way to root it we will never be able to get CWM and Custom Roms...
Some ideas?

Edit:

I found that: did someone try?

Edited by dedeswim, 19 April 2013 - 07:49 PM.

j3zzoo

j3zzoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Edit:

I found that: did someone try?

Confirmed working ! Su is outdated but ROOT access is working ! Just download SuperSU and update SU throught this app.

Edit : proof

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edit 2 : I've dumped what I could from this phone (recovery.img is broken due to my noob failure flashing some other recovery.img from other device) Hope that some of u guys can make something nice with this :

- dump by romdump v82b: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dp3ol4

- dump by dd: boot.img http://www.sendspace.com/file/ehhf3r

Edit 3: @dedeswim could u upload here your recovery.img I hope u still have original one ?

Edited by j3zzoo, 23 April 2013 - 10:20 AM.

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Finally! I was able to get one here: http://cgi.ebay.de/w...em=261452801212

As I already ported Cyanogenmod 10.2 / Android 4.3.1 to the original Tureis, I'm very confident that I can also do a port for this device. :)

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

BTW, the kernel source is here:

http://support.zte.c...?newsId=1002222

I think that will do. :D Hopefully it's just a little bit of merge/build/trial & error :)

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I've made a romdump of two versions and dumped a signed update .zip (ripped it from the /cache folder after interrupting the OTA updater):

ro.build.display.id=VodafoneSmartChat-MSM7225A-V02c-Sep272012-Vodafone-UK
ro.build.version.incremental=20120926.231218.25481

http://schmatzler.de...V02c-Sep272012/

ro.build.display.id=VodafoneSmartChat-MSM7225A-V03a-Dec062012-Vodafone-UK
ro.build.version.incremental=20121206.095513.8829

http://schmatzler.de...V03a-Dec062012/

System update from the September version to the December version.
Contains a lot of binary patches, so be careful:

http://schmatzler.de....B09_to_B11.zip

I hope that I can port over Clockworkmod, I'm working on that at the moment.

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I've successfully ported ClockworkMod 6.0.3.7 to the ZTE P752D. You can check out a tutorial how to flash it here. Now I can seriously start porting Android 4.3.1 over to the device.

DSC_2498_v1-300x240.jpg

j3zzoo

j3zzoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Great job ! Finally after a year someone did this :) I will try your mod on my Smart Chat when it comes back from abroad.

Edited by j3zzoo, 12 July 2014 - 02:20 PM.

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Just a quick update:

I'm finally able to get into the Cyanogenmod bootscreen now! :)

I'm in the process of updating the outdated Gingerbread kernel with KGSL and msm_fb patches (and a lot more things in the process).

I can already start up Cyanogenmod, at least until the Wifi driver crashes and locks up the whole system.

And it only boots if I disable genlock (for now), which is a horrible and whacky solution.

I'm confident that I can give you an alpha version of CM10.2 in the next weeks. If you want to follow my process on github, feel free to do so:

https://github.com/s...ernel-smartchat

Edit: I was able to stabilize the KGSL core of the kernel. Jellybean drivers for the ZTE N880 work without any crashes now.

The touchscreen doesn't work yet, I have to do some work there now :(

Edited by schmatzler, 03 August 2014 - 10:17 PM.

schmatzler

schmatzler

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

I made a lot of progress, but now I am stuck :( So far I managed to get everything working, except Wifi, Camera and Mobile Data.

I can actually connect to a 3G network and I can also make calls and send SMS. But I can't get any APN's to work :(

I think I narrowed it down to a point in libril where a response with the network parameters gets truncated like this:

D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): sending RIL_UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): UI <--- RIL_UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED (1010) --- RIL [RID 0, Len 640, (null)]
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): [UNSL]< UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED {[status=0,cid=0,up,rmnet0,10.203.58.126,212.23.115.150 212.23.115.132,10.203.58.125],[status=0,cid=1,up,rmnet0,10.203.58.126,212.23.115.150 212.23.115.132,10.203.58.125],[status=0,cid=2,up,rmnet0,10.203.58.126,212.23.115.150 212.23.115.132,10.203.58.125],[status=0,cid=3,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=4,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=5,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=6,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=7,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=8,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=9,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=10,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=11,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=12,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=13,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=14,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=15,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=16,down,(null),(null),(null),(null)],[status=0,cid=17,down,(
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): qcril_data_unsol_call_list_changed: EXIT with succ
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): qcril_data_event_hdlr: EXIT with suc
D/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): qcril_event_main(): Waiting...
V/use-Rlog/RLOG-RILC(  105): processWakeupCallback
D/RILJ    (  665): [0160]< SETUP_DATA_CALL DataCallResponse: {version=6 status=0 retry=2 cid=2 active=0 type=' ifname='null' addresses=[] dnses=[] gateways=[]}
D/RILJ    (  665): responseDataCallList ver=6 num=20
E/RILJ    (  665): Exception processing unsol response: 1010Exception:java.lang.RuntimeException: getDataCallResponse, no ifname

I think the list in UNSOL_DATA_CALL_LIST_CHANGED is so long that it's not closed properly at the end and cannot be parsed by RILJ. That causes RILJ to believe that the network interface is null instead of rmnet0 and breaks the data connection.

My head burns, I have to get some rest, leave it for the time being and get back at it later...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users