[DEV][ROM][21.5.] Firefox OS - B2G

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

This is my build of Firefox OS for ZTE Blade III. This is not meant for daily use (or any use really), it's just something to play with.

screenshot-20140521-15:56:53.png screenshot-20140521-15:57:28.png screenshot-20140521-15:57:52.png screenshot-20140521-15:58:19.png

b2g-20140521-atlas40.zip
md5:380603759b700b99b7a575808725ffef

Working:
  • RIL (mobile network, data & SMS)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • GPS
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Camera (photos & camcorder)
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD card
  • USB-storage (on external sdcard) & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs
  • FM radio
Not working:
  • ???

Sources:

• Mozilla/B2G/CAF
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

21.5. changelog:

• Boot2Gecko 2.0.0.0-prerelease
  • fixed display scaling (finally - that didn't take long :P)

9.4 changelog:

• build kernel from source
  • cleanup ramdisk
  • add busybox

5.4. changelog:

• Boot2Gecko 1.5.0.0-prerelease
  • production build (userdebug, no test apps etc)

30.9. changelog:

• fixed random reboots
  • fixed proximity sensor

28.9. changelog:

• fixed all the things :P
  • based on ZTE Open (inari) official Mozilla developers sources
  • Boot2Gecko 1.3.0.0-prerelease

2.3. changelog:

• some scaling fixes
  • fixed display backlight

24.2. changelog:

• initial release

How to install:

1. Copy b2g-xxxxxxxx-atlas40.zip to your phone's sdcard
  2. Boot into ClockWorkMod recovery
  3. Make a nandroid backup of your previous ROM: backup & restore -> backup
  4. wipe data & factory reset (It's very important that you do this before you flash the zip - it also writes to data partition)
  5. Install ROM: install .zip from sdcard -> choose .zip from sdcard -> b2g-xxxxxxxx-atlas40.zip
  6. reboot now

Previous builds:

b2g-20140409-atlas40.zip
md5:3e894c869c36015ed8281b7428e61046

b2g-20131011-atlas40.zip
md5:41030fef06d8f941e5b8a750a5217564
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Do you think Firefox OS would work on original ZTE Blade (OSF)?

I doubt it. It's never been ported to an ARMv6 device.

It's open source though, so there's nothing stopping if someone wants to invest time/energy/sanity in porting it. It should run fine on the original Blade as Firefox OS is targeted to entry level devices and it doesn't require high-end specs from the device.

This is my port of Firefox OS for ZTE Blade III. Firefox OS won't be commercially available until sometime later this year and it is still very much work in progress. This is not meant for daily use (or any use really), it's just something to play with.

There's really not much point in developing this further at this point, but I might as well share the test build I made. Most core functions should be working but there are few issues.

• Firefox OS is developed for devices with 320x480 resolution so everything seems small/doesn't scale correctly for higher resolution.
  • Wifi doesn't seem to connect to networks (this is something device specific and could be fixed if I cared enough ;))
  • Hardware video decoding/encoding - video playback/camcorder issue (don't know if this is specific to our device)

b2g-20130221-atlas40.zip
    http://www.mediafire...l43opo06n1d80dt
    md5:bd921786a3d46af9f141afc72fde5470

How to install:
    1. Copy b2g-xxxxxxxx-atlas40.zip to your phone's sdcard
    2. Boot into ClockWorkMod recovery
    3. Make a nandroid backup of your previous ROM: backup & restore -> backup
    4. wipe data & factory reset (It's very important that you do this before you flash the zip - it also writes to data partition)
    5. Install ROM: install .zip from sdcard -> choose .zip from sdcard -> b2g-xxxxxxxx-atlas40.zip
    6. reboot now

Sources:

[*]Mozilla/B2G

[*]CyanogenMod team

[*]Dazzozo

I already try in acqua the touch screen doesn't work

Edited by H3nS

Guest KonstaT

I already try in acqua the touch screen doesn't work

Yeah, I used some old sources when I built the initial release. This post would have helped you.

But like it says in the first post - it's for Blade III. I've made a decision I'll only support Blade III from now on. You should only flash ROMs that you find in Acqua section of this forum. ;)

Yeah, I used some old sources when I built the initial release. This post would have helped you.

But like it says in the first post - it's for Blade III. I've made a decision I'll only support Blade III from now on. You should only flash ROMs that you find in Acqua section of this forum. ;)

I already get into that fix and it worked pretty good... but i already find moore issues with sim card contact reading and sms you can't open then.... the wifi worked pretty well... the diference between blade 3 and acqua are too much???? And good job you are a good develepor thanks again.... :)

Guest KonstaT

this actually works to call with?

Yeah, RIL works and audio works (routing, mic, etc), you can makes calls or browse the web with mobile data. There's really not much point in maintaining working/non-working lists. It's for testing purposes only (and I really mean it ;)) and Firefox OS in general is still heavily under development.

I already get into that fix and it worked pretty good... but i already find moore issues with sim card contact reading and sms you can't open then.... the wifi worked pretty well... the diference between blade 3 and acqua are too much???? And good job you are a good develepor thanks again.... :)

You're saying that wifi works? Because it shouldn't connect afaik.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest KonstaT

Maybe I just searched bad, but can you share your xml config file for building B2G?

There's a full manifest included in B2G builds (/system/sources.xml).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
New build. I was playing around with ZTE Open firmware (official Firefox OS device) and got it booted on Blade III with very little effort. I noticed that there is an official target (inari) for that device to make B2G developer builds. So I decided to update my sources based on that device and use official Mozilla/CAF sources (previously I was using mix of CM9 and Mozilla sources). Turned out this is a lot easier and cleaner way of doing things. :P

All hardware features are now working as far as I tested (RIL, wifi, bluetooth, audio, camera, sdcard, sensors, tetherings, etc). FM radio crashes the device after it has tuned the first station. Unfortunately general stability isn't great either, I've had several reboots during the day. But like before, this is just something to play with so it really doesn't matter. ;)

b2g-20130928-atlas40.zip
md5:3fd2d1dda4151ca07cc06b9b6e482446

-fixed all the things
-based on ZTE Open (inari) official Mozilla developers sources
-Boot2Gecko 1.3