[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Can I try this on Huawei Ascend G300? They have nearly same specs and same CPU and GPU

Most definately not.

Konstat, why did you set the ram capacity back to 391MB from 404MB?

And I also experienced this led light and wifi problems. If I turn off the light when battery is low, it stays turned on if I plug on-off the charger.. Weird issue.

Wifi is the same what someone else said here. If you can fix these things, it will be the best build for Blade 3.

It's a different kernel in the new builds. I restored the memory allocations back to Qualcomm defaults. There's been reports on other msm7x27a devices that this might have caused reboots for some users.

Like said, I can't reproduce any issue with battery LED. It hasn't happened to my once. At least there's a workaround but I'm not going to include a stock prebuilt if it's something I can build from source instead.

I can reproduce any issues with wifi reconnection either. I have my wifi sleep policy policy set to 'never'. Wifi disconnects after 15 minutes of sleep and reconnects normally after waking the device. This is expected behavior. You have to post logs because without them I can't do anything if it's something I can't reproduce on my own device.

about bluetooth feedback with the latest update:

I tested it with a lot of bluetooth devices. It worked flawlessly with all of them...

Device list tested:

Samsung Galaxy S

Samsung Galaxy S2

zte blade (running pacman - android 4.2.2)

Xperia arc z

Parrot bluetooth (in the car)

Land Rover bluetooth (car, preinstalled)

iTech bluetooth headset (i don't really know the exact model on this one)

zte blade 3, running stock rom (i connected 2 of them, one on stock and one on cm10.1)

lg optimus x2

samsung beam

I think that there is no need to look for more devices, since it worked with all of them so far.

... again, thanks for the hard work Konstat...

Thanks for testing. :) By any chance did you happen to test if audio worked with the headset? I think there still might be some issues with a2dp. Bluetooth tethering also needs to be tested but I can do that myself later.

Guest Otila

device/zte/atlas40/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml:60: error: Resource at config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.

make: *** No rule to make target `system/bluetooth/data/stack.conf', needed by `/wrk/safari/cvs/android/out/target/product/atlas40/system/etc/bluetooth/stack.conf'. Stop.

system/bluetooth is 098826fe7314b3a7fa2fd9a0746e0fc21a0a1820 , local_manifests/* are updated. I have applied the two patches you mentioned earlier..

20130704-KonstaKANG has been working nicely (uptime 3d 12h).

Guest KonstaT

device/zte/atlas40/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/config.xml:60: error: Resource at config_bluetooth_adapter_quick_switch appears in overlay but not in the base package; use <add-resource> to add.

make: *** No rule to make target `system/bluetooth/data/stack.conf', needed by `/wrk/safari/cvs/android/out/target/product/atlas40/system/etc/bluetooth/stack.conf'. Stop.

system/bluetooth is 098826fe7314b3a7fa2fd9a0746e0fc21a0a1820 , local_manifests/* are updated. I have applied the two patches you mentioned earlier..

20130704-KonstaKANG has been working nicely (uptime 3d 12h).

There's two more patches and a new manifest too. Read the third post. ;)

Guest Lipofil

Nifty, KonstaT!

Can anyone comment on the speed vs. the stock ROM? Faster, slower? How does it compare when running multiple apps? (something that brings my device, stock ROM, to a halt...)

Guest kk75

Nifty, KonstaT!

Can anyone comment on the speed vs. the stock ROM? Faster, slower? How does it compare when running multiple apps? (something that brings my device, stock ROM, to a halt...)

Yes. Faster and more user settings options.

But if u need 99% stability, use Aurora Borealis http://www.modaco.co...s1-android-404/ (from KonstaT).

Edited by kk75

Guest leripe

Gonna backup my 4.1.2 rom and try this now, should this work as well as the 4.1.2? I mean since this is (more) hacked, so are there like some drawbacks on gaming performance/ram usage etc.?

Edited by leripe

Guest Lipofil

Yes. Faster and more user settings options.

But if u need 99% stability, use Aurora Borealis http://www.modaco.co...s1-android-404/ (from KonstaT).

Excellent. Speed is what I want.

I want 100% stability, of course. What's wrong with KonstaT's 4.2 release? I haven't read about any major issues, except for the battery LED and (possibly) WiFi reconnection.

Guest papars

Thanks KonstaT for the great version.

Seems to be running great on my acqua. BT too.

Little help I require. When phone is locked and I answer, after the call ends the phone remains unlocked. Is there some kind of setting I can't find about this behavior?

Guest kogos

... By any chance did you happen to test if audio worked with the headset? I think there still might be some issues with a2dp. Bluetooth tethering also needs to be tested but I can do that myself later.

a2dp works with my headset. Any device i tested seems to connect faster than with stock rom. BT tethering also works, but i need to test tethering more thoroughly.... only tried it once with my laptop

Guest joovie

20130706-KonstaKANG bluetooth test:

Jabra Sport headset - not working a2dp probably. I can make call, control phone with headset. I can hear and I can use mic with no problem when I'm calling, But I cant listen to the music :(

Edited by joovie

Guest boros2222

It's a different kernel in the new builds. I restored the memory allocations back to Qualcomm defaults. There's been reports on other msm7x27a devices that this might have caused reboots for some users.

This happened to me, too. When I was using my phone, the screen sometimes flashed with blue colour and rebooted, but since I intalled this new build, it didn't reboot yet. So, I think this solved this problem. Awesome.

Guest boros2222

Konstat, I found another issue with camera. When I take a photo, the screen is green. You know, the camera shew me the taken photo in full green colour. I attached a screenshot about it. Can you fix it?

post-977854-0-47623700-1373388681_thumb.

Edited by boros2222

Guest KonstaT

Gonna backup my 4.1.2 rom and try this now, should this work as well as the 4.1.2? I mean since this is (more) hacked, so are there like some drawbacks on gaming performance/ram usage etc.?

Latest improvements in CM10.1 has pretty much rendered CM10 obsolete. Everything you find in this forum is more or less hacked anyway. ;) And what can say about gaming performance other than you have completely wrong device for that purpose to begin with.

Little help I require. When phone is locked and I answer, after the call ends the phone remains unlocked. Is there some kind of setting I can't find about this behavior?

That's normal behavior if you don't have secure lockscreen enabled. Phone -> Settings -> Show log if you want to go to call log instead.

zoom does not work on video(in camera)!

Iirc it doesn't work in stock ROM either so how is it supposed to work here. :P

Konstat, I found another issue with camera. When I take a photo, the screen is green. You know, the camera shew me the taken photo in full green colour. I attached a screenshot about it. Can you fix it?

That's really isn't much of an issue. Pictures that is takes are just fine. It's just the camera preview that occasionally gets the green tint. Same thing in CM10. We use prebuilt binary blobs for camera from our ICS stock ROM so there isn't much that can be done about it. Camera implementation is always proprietary at least to some extent (liboemcamera). Camera HAL could be compiled from source but it would again require fair amount of hacking to make it work with proprietary bits. I doubt in the end it wouldn't by any better so it isn't worth investing the effort.

Guest boros2222

Konstat, I found a bug in FM Radio app. If I save some radio frequencies at plus letter, I reboot the device and all saved radios disappear. I tried it more times, it always happens..

Guest leripe

Latest improvements in CM10.1 has pretty much rendered CM10 obsolete. Everything you find in this forum is more or less hacked anyway. ;) And what can say about gaming performance other than you have completely wrong device for that purpose to begin with.

Yeah testing this atm :) Haha, yeah thats true but would hate to lose the little performance that we have ;)

Edited by leripe