Photo

[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

* * * * * 11 votes

• Please log in to reply
963 replies to this topic

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G (XT1032)

It's a different kernel in the new builds. I restored the memory allocations back to Qualcomm defaults. There's been reports on other msm7x27a devices that this might have caused reboots for some users.

This happened to me, too. When I was using my phone, the screen sometimes flashed with blue colour and rebooted, but since I intalled this new build, it didn't reboot yet. So, I think this solved this problem. Awesome.

moto_g.gif

Motorola Moto G (XT1032) - 16GB

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Konstat, I found another issue with camera. When I take a photo, the screen is green. You know, the camera shew me the taken photo in full green colour. I attached a screenshot about it. Can you fix it?

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-07-09-18-45-08.png   148.71KB   16 downloads

Edited by boros2222, 09 July 2013 - 05:01 PM.

moto_g.gif

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Gonna backup my 4.1.2 rom and try this now, should this work as well as the 4.1.2? I mean since this is (more) hacked, so are there like some drawbacks on gaming performance/ram usage etc.?

Latest improvements in CM10.1 has pretty much rendered CM10 obsolete. Everything you find in this forum is more or less hacked anyway. ;) And what can say about gaming performance other than you have completely wrong device for that purpose to begin with.

Little help I require. When phone is locked and I answer, after the call ends the phone remains unlocked. Is there some kind of setting I can't find about this behavior?

That's normal behavior if you don't have secure lockscreen enabled. Phone -> Settings -> Show log if you want to go to call log instead.

zoom does not work on video(in camera)!

Iirc it doesn't work in stock ROM either so how is it supposed to work here. :P

Konstat, I found another issue with camera. When I take a photo, the screen is green. You know, the camera shew me the taken photo in full green colour. I attached a screenshot about it. Can you fix it?

That's really isn't much of an issue. Pictures that is takes are just fine. It's just the camera preview that occasionally gets the green tint. Same thing in CM10. We use prebuilt binary blobs for camera from our ICS stock ROM so there isn't much that can be done about it. Camera implementation is always proprietary at least to some extent (liboemcamera). Camera HAL could be compiled from source but it would again require fair amount of hacking to make it work with proprietary bits. I doubt in the end it wouldn't by any better so it isn't worth investing the effort.

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Konstat, I found a bug in FM Radio app. If I save some radio frequencies at plus letter, I reboot the device and all saved radios disappear. I tried it more times, it always happens..

moto_g.gif

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Latest improvements in CM10.1 has pretty much rendered CM10 obsolete. Everything you find in this forum is more or less hacked anyway. ;) And what can say about gaming performance other than you have completely wrong device for that purpose to begin with.

Yeah testing this atm :) Haha, yeah thats true but would hate to lose the little performance that we have ;)

Edited by leripe, 09 July 2013 - 08:04 PM.

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

funCrash93

funCrash93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3
can someone provide me a flashable .zip with the kernel.?
I have a problem with my wifi...it doesn't want to start.!!!(
wanted to try another kernel or smth to do to make it work.!!! help pls.?

Madaz

Madaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Urbane, HTC one
Hi awesome ROM you have there, running it on my ZTE Urban by Telstra (T22) but when i put another simcard in the phone the sim unlcock feature doesnt pop up so i cant put my unlock code in? any help available?

kk75

kk75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE 3
Bug : Wi-Fi not return back, when phone go back from sleep (Advanced wi-fi>Keep Wi-fi on during sleep>Never(increase data usage).

boros2222

boros2222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
I found other bug. When phone goes to sleep mode with wifi turned on for long time (like I go to bed) and I wake up, the wifi won't reconnect and If I open settings or wifi settings, it force closes and doesn't load the things. It didn't happen with older builds.

moto_g.gif

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

Bug : Wi-Fi not return back, when phone go back from sleep (Advanced wi-fi>Keep Wi-fi on during sleep>Never(increase data usage).

I found other bug. When phone goes to sleep mode with wifi turned on for long time (like I go to bed) and I wake up, the wifi won't reconnect and If I open settings or wifi settings, it force closes and doesn't load the things. It didn't happen with older builds.

Like I've already said, I can't reproduce any wifi reconnection issues on my device. Are you sure you've tested this with a clean install before reporting any issues?

Do not use the word 'bug' if you don't use the word 'log' in the same post! It shouldn't be too difficult produce logs (logcat & dmesg) if this is an actual bug (= you can reproduce it every single time on your device).

Madaz

Madaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Urbane, HTC one
KonstaT any idea why my phone doesnt automatically ask you to enter your phone providers sim unlock code when i put another providers sim in?

there isnt a *#number# that i can use to access a hidden menu to initiate this process?

also im not talking about the sim card lock found in the security/ menu as that is unchecked

any idea's or help would be appreaciated

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

KonstaT any idea why my phone doesnt automatically ask you to enter your phone providers sim unlock code when i put another providers sim in?

there isnt a *#number# that i can use to access a hidden menu to initiate this process?

also im not talking about the sim card lock found in the security/ menu as that is unchecked

any idea's or help would be appreaciated

It's been disabled. Not sure if it's necessary to disable it on this device though. Potentially it could show network unlock screen on devices that are unlocked.

There is no hidden dialer codes in AOSP based ROMs (besides *#06# to show your IMEI). These are all vendor specific additions.

papars

papars

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Acqua
Is there any way to disable "reject call with SMS"?

fleky

fleky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III, Nokia 3210
Hi KonstaT!

I still have the restarting (sometimes bsod, sometimes just black screen) problem with your cm roms. I tried both, 10 and 10.1 (now using latest 10.1), and it keeps restarting in basic frequency, especially with smartassV2 and ondemand cpu govenors. (With Aurora Borealis the phone works perfectly, not a single reboot was occured in 3 months, even with overclocking.) Logs below.

http://flek.atw.hu/logcat.txt
http://flek.atw.hu/dmesg.txt

Thanks for your work!

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
New build. Few small fixes, mainly just keeping up with upstream.

cm-10.1-20130710-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip
https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html
md5:74f18097d517741c8ba632ff9d3d7528

-fix loading a2dp audio hal
-fix camcorder to work without disabling metadata (also fixes thumbnail generation for videos recorded with camcorder)
-enable network unlock query

Igoritza

Igoritza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@Igoritza
reporting from my device:

everything works much better than CM 10, except:

1. some simpler games like floors/escape games unexpectedly shut down, almost all the time. I cant press "menu" in any simple game if I dont want it to close.

2. I cant seem to find where to enable full CM power button hold menu (reboot/fast reboot/screenshot/bootloader etc .. )

3. extremely overheating when charging, but much much cooler when playing temple run 2 or other cpu required games (stock cpu settings)

4. constantly resetting media volume to 70%

Maybe unique to my device being that problems are weird, but would like to solve this problem with simpler apps if it is on the system side and not devs fault.

Edited by Igoritza, 10 July 2013 - 04:18 PM.

robt77

robt77

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
To answer on of your points, access reboot menu go to developer options >>>Advanced Reboot. If you can't see Developer options, go to about phone and tap build number several times to view it.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts

reporting from my device:

everything works much better than CM 10, except:

1. some simpler games like floors/escape games unexpectedly shut down, almost all the time. I cant press "menu" in any simple game if I dont want it to close.

2. I cant seem to find where to enable full CM power button hold menu (reboot/fast reboot/screenshot/bootloader etc .. )

3. extremely overheating when charging, but much much cooler when playing temple run 2 or other cpu required games (stock cpu settings)

4. constantly resetting media volume to 70%

Maybe unique to my device being that problems are weird, but would like to solve this problem with simpler apps if it is on the system side and not devs fault.

2. Read the FAQ in the third post. ;)
4. Media volume where? Headset? Have you tried disabling Settings -> Sound -> Safe headset volume? Iirc there's been an issue with this since CM9.

peetu20

peetu20

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Devices:Zte Blade, Zte Blade III
Huge thanks of the BT :)
Its amazing to update finlly to cm10.1.

leripe

leripe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
For me 4.2.2 feels semi slower than 4.1.2, will install this new update and see for few days but seems that ill be going back to 4.1.2. :(

EDIT: Now the 4.2.2 feels fine after i disabled, froze and changed somethings like cpu mode, disabled this privacy guard thingy, froze some unused system apps etc. Will continue testing :)

Edited by leripe, 11 July 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Current phone:

S4 mini lte

Blade III

Blade I

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users