[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest peetu20

What's up with the com.android.music being crossed in Titanium backup. I can't install stock music player which I like using the most. I tried pushing the app to system/app folder but didn't have any luck with installing the stock music player. Whenever I try to install the damn thing it says that the app isn't installed.

Youre missing one step: After you push it to /system/app, you should give it same permissions, as other apps there have, otherwises, it will not be installed. I still dont know does it work at all. Where did you pull this stock music player(Cm10?)

Guest jakonicki93
Youre missing one step: After you push it to /system/app, you should give it same permissions, as other apps there have, otherwises, it will not be installed. I still dont know does it work at all. Where did you pull this stock music player(Cm10?)

I pulled it from stock 4.0.4 and Aurora Borealis. Which app should I use to change put permissions? ES file or something other?

Btw, I tried to reinstall the system and no good. The crossed com.android.music is still in the titanium backup all the way down at the bottom.

Guest mike1993

i have installed this rom. works all perfect. the only thing is that you cannot lock the main screen items - very easily you are touching them and they are gone!!

in your 10.2 rom this is fixed - but there is another problem of programs not working like: igo myway gps and also waze is not talking at all!!

maybe you can fix in either rom these problems???

thanks

sorry i mixed up with you r 10.0 rom and 10.1 rom!!!

on 10.0 rom all is working fine, the only thing is that you cannot lock the main screen items - very easily you are touching them and they are gone!!

on 10.1 rom this is fixed - but there is another problem of programs not working like: igo myway gps and also waze is not talking at all!!

thanks and sorry for confusion!!

Edited by mike1993

Guest RobbieM

I found this thread regarding Viber problems on Samsung devices... Viber support keeps telling that it`s because custom roms handle the microphone differently and thats why it doesn`t work...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1557988

Also it has been reported as a bug to CyanogenMod: https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/CYAN-1596?page=com.meetme.plugins.jira.gerrit-plugin:gerrit-reviews-tabpanel

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Err... is it just my luck, or are others having problems with accessing the in-call menu during a phone call? It seems like the screen doesn't want to wake up. A bit frustrating when attempting to use the keypad while doing so. I don't recall having this issue with previous builds, so perhaps its just a matter of re-downloading?

Pass. >.<

Update:

I managed to get the in-call UI to come up by long pressing the power button, but as soon as I pressed another menu entry requiring the use of the telephone keypad, it went back to sleep.

I reverted to 20130720 and it works, with what looks like a slightly different button layout... I'm not having BSODs though which is good, but considering the kernel patches KonstaT put in the newest update, NOT advisable!

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest ProCro

I've got error while searching for networks. Is this ROM related, or simply bad luck?

update: other sim cards works well, guess that my died :)

Edited by ProCro

Guest peetu20

I have a problem with CM 10.1, some apps are crash: Hill Climb Racing, Candy Crush Saga and Head Soccer for now.

Please help me, Thanks!

This rom only for advanced users and if something needs to be fixed, so it yourself, as KonstaT says. No whining please`.

Guest Something Wierd

Ok, but how i repair this?

And what is best rom for zte blade 3 for me?

Same problem,cant find the solution,not a big d eal for me.Id suggest to try out aurora 4.0.Ill stick to this one.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

I have a problem with CM 10.1, some apps are crash: Hill Climb Racing, Candy Crush Saga and Head Soccer for now.

Please help me, Thanks!

If your apps are crashing before they start, then you may need to fix permissions. Reboot into recovery (clockworkmod) --> advanced options --> fix permissions. Some apps can do that too. If that doesn't work then you might be better off trying Aurora Borealis, or contacting the app developers concerned. Good luck.

Guest msigmond

Hi,

many thanks for your hard work.

You made my Blade shine.

The CM 10.0 works like a charm.

The WiFi on the CM 10.1 does not work that well though.

When I set the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" (System settings/Wi-Fi/Advanced) to "Only when plugged in", then the phone does not connect to the network when I unlock it.

When this happens, the "System settings/Wi-Fi" screen freezes: a blank screen appears, then nothing.

If I toggle the Wi-Fi control on the status bar to Off and On again, then the phone Wi-Fi starts working well again.

Do you have any suggestion?

Please let me know if any logs would help.

Best regards,

MƔrton

Guest Hexfire

Re post since I placed it in the wrong forum the first time (and second time), should be ok now :P.

Hi. First of all, thanks allot for all the work. I'm using CM 10.1 for a few days now and everything works great.

Well almost everything, which brought me here.

The hardware buttons backlight only stays on for a few seconds and its a bit irritating at night. Is there a way to make it last longer or just have it on all the time when screen is turned on? Like it works on stock ROM. I only found a way to disable the backlight completely.

Guest KonstaT

Please help me, Thanks!

Contact the app developer and ask them to update their apps for Android 4.2+.

If your apps are crashing before they start, then you may need to fix permissions. Reboot into recovery (clockworkmod) --> advanced options --> fix permissions. Some apps can do that too. If that doesn't work then you might be better off trying Aurora Borealis, or contacting the app developers concerned. Good luck.

Fix permissions is leftover from Android 1.6 days when moving apps to external sdcard wasn't possible without relying to some nasty hacks that broke occasinally. It does absolutely nothing on newer Android version and it is (or at least should be) removed from never ClockWorkMod versions.

Hi,

many thanks for your hard work.

You made my Blade shine.

The CM 10.0 works like a charm.

The WiFi on the CM 10.1 does not work that well though.

When I set the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" (System settings/Wi-Fi/Advanced) to "Only when plugged in", then the phone does not connect to the network when I unlock it.

When this happens, the "System settings/Wi-Fi" screen freezes: a blank screen appears, then nothing.

If I toggle the Wi-Fi control on the status bar to Off and On again, then the phone Wi-Fi starts working well again.

Do you have any suggestion?

Please let me know if any logs would help.

Best regards,

MƔrton

I can't reproduce any wifi reconnection issues. Make sure you've installed the ROM according to installation instructions in the third post. Also make sure you haven't restored any settings or wifi passwords etc using Titanium Backup or even Google's backup feature.

Re post since I placed it in the wrong forum the first time (and second time), should be ok now :P.

Hi. First of all, thanks allot for all the work. I'm using CM 10.1 for a few days now and everything works great.

Well almost everything, which brought me here.

The hardware buttons backlight only stays on for a few seconds and its a bit irritating at night. Is there a way to make it last longer or just have it on all the time when screen is turned on? Like it works on stock ROM. I only found a way to disable the backlight completely.

Third time's the charm. ;)

Short answer, no. It can be a bit annoying and that's why added an option disable button backlight in the first place.

Android is open source and (almost) everything is possible though. Button backlight delay is handled in PowerManager and you can change it to pretty much anything you like. And btw, CM team is just about to add customizable button backlight timeout to CM10.2.

Guest KonstaT

I hope this helps... :D

Actually, no. That log doesn't show anything else than you started Viber. You need to reproduce the issue and catch it in the log.

I saw TheWhisp did some hacks related to VoIP on Mini 2. I'll post an audio hal for someone test when I get around to it. Does Viber work on CM10.2 btw?

Guest peetu20

I have little problem with bluetooth A2DP playback. My device connects just fine to my bt-audio receiver, but seems that sound doesnt get routered to the receiver, just to the phones speaker.

I decided to take some logs, if KonstaT could try to take a look to the issue. I started logcat from bluetooth start, and stopped after I turned bt off, because routering doesnt work. So the the whole "session" should be in attched log ;)

Bluetooth A2DP works just fine with my Blade I running cm10.1, and with Blade III running cm10.

If more logs/details are needed, I will post them there.

logcat.txt

Guest RobbieM

Actually, no. That log doesn't show anything else than you started Viber. You need to reproduce the issue and catch it in the log.

I saw TheWhisp did some hacks related to VoIP on Mini 2. I'll post an audio hal for someone test when I get around to it. Does Viber work on CM10.2 btw?

Well, during that logging process i did make a call and i received a call, also sent messages with Viber and that is all that CatLog recorded... Now, if you have some tips on how to log this better, please do share your wisdom!

BTW, i didnĀ“t try 10.2 yet, so no info on that, sorry...

Here`s another log...

2013-08-26-20-04-36.txt

Edited by RobbieM

Guest TheWhisp

The problem with VoIP is that by audio HAL doesn't support anything above 16khz as VoIP input. That hack indeed fixed Viber. That was a quick implementation, maybe you can do it cleaner. Anyway, do you also have graphical corruption in the latest Google Maps ?

About some apps crashing (Hill Climb Racing, Busy Beaver, for example), it happens also on Mini 2, dunno why.