[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Milosh911

Hi, first of all, great mod!

I have one big problem though... My phone dont start, and after that first logo (in my case operator logo), screen just get black. When i enter recovery, i see that i cant mount /system or /data. Cache can be mounted. Any advice about what could i do to atleast backup my contacts and sms messages?

Thanks, Milos

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi, first of all, great mod!

I have one big problem though... My phone dont start, and after that first logo (in my case operator logo), screen just get black. When i enter recovery, i see that i cant mount /system or /data. Cache can be mounted. Any advice about what could i do to atleast backup my contacts and sms messages?

Thanks, Milos

Have you tried a full backup from ClockworkMod? If so and its not working then my guess is the Bootloader. But I'm not the one one to ask about that. ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest manfromnn

Hi guys! I'm try to port CM10.1 to ZTE V790, ( Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7225A 1 GHz with Adreno 200, 512 Ram, screen resolution 320х480, stock ICS 4.0.4). I'm compiled it from CM10.1 source code. I'm used configs from ZTE Blade 3(by KonstaT) and fixed up it for my device. Kernel from Balde 3 source work good at the stock firmware on my phone. Also I added configs from "Vanilla kernel"(from CodeAurora). I'm took the ICS kernel source from Blade 3 and updated kernel genlock and kgsldrivers.Kernel's config is very similar with cyanogen_atlas40. Compiled rom works, but It looks like that it compiled for resolution 480x800 (but on the phone's screen it displayed correct).When I'm start the firmware it work very slow (when I'm press the settings button phone respond to it only after 10 seconds and so on). I'm think that it problem related with incorrect screen resolution that video driver is issue). I know the you have the similar problem on your device and KonstaT advised to update kgsl and genlock. I made it too, but after this appeared the problem with video. I have no idea how to fix it Can you help me? You can download logcat here:logcat.txt

Also I want to ask you what commits from KonstaT kernel source code I can use in my kernel?
And third question: my ZTE V790 work with 2 sim cards. And when I'm start CM10 on my device cellular isn't work. Also I know that not very long ago cellular began to work on ZTE V889D, or ZTE V880E(it's Russian verison of V889D (it's very similar with my device, it have 2 sims too). May be you know how can I fix cellurar that it's began to work with 2 sims (may be in theme have guys that have not only Blade 3).

Guest KonstaT

Hi guys! I'm try to port CM10.1 to ZTE V790, ( Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 MSM7225A 1 GHz with Adreno 200, 512 Ram, screen resolution 320х480, stock ICS 4.0.4). I'm compiled it from CM10.1 source code. I'm used configs from ZTE Blade 3(by KonstaT) and fixed up it for my device. Kernel from Balde 3 source work good at the stock firmware on my phone. Also I added configs from "Vanilla kernel"(from CodeAurora). I'm took the ICS kernel source from Blade 3 and updated kernel genlock and kgsldrivers.Kernel's config is very similar with cyanogen_atlas40. Compiled rom works, but It looks like that it compiled for resolution 480x800 (but on the phone's screen it displayed correct).When I'm start the firmware it work very slow (when I'm press the settings button phone respond to it only after 10 seconds and so on). I'm think that it problem related with incorrect screen resolution that video driver is issue). I know the you have the similar problem on your device and KonstaT advised to update kgsl and genlock. I made it too, but after this appeared the problem with video. I have no idea how to fix it Can you help me? You can download logcat here:attachicon.giflogcat.txt

Also I want to ask you what commits from KonstaT kernel source code I can use in my kernel?

And third question: my ZTE V790 work with 2 sim cards. And when I'm start CM10 on my device cellular isn't work. Also I know that not very long ago cellular began to work on ZTE V889D, or ZTE V880E(it's Russian verison of V889D (it's very similar with my device, it have 2 sims too). May be you know how can I fix cellurar that it's began to work with 2 sims (may be in theme have guys that have not only Blade 3).

I'm not sure I understood half of that. :( Afaik V790 is ZTE Kis and codename is roamer2, correct? You're using my Blade III kernel source? I though the recent one is stripped so that it can only be built for atlas40. Logcat is full of genlock errors. What hardware/qcom/display variant and Adreno blobs are you using?

No one has told me anything about dual-SIM working on V889D/V880E with CM. Link please?

Guest manfromnn
Hello KonstaT. To build the kernel I used sources for Blade3 from the official website of ZTE, because in the sources for roamer2 there is no driver for my touchscreen(melfas). Those sources are support platform roamer2. So I took your buildconfigs for blade 3 and edited them for my phone. I saw your post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362828-confont-problems-while-compiling-cm101/#entry2128258, and updated genlock and kernel kgsl drivers. After building the cyanogenmod start, but works very slow. Can you help me to fix my firmware?
This is a link to our forum where there are cyanogenmod for V889D/V880E: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=367194&view=findpost&p=14881560, but only 10 not 10.1.
 Sorry for my bad English. 

Guest KonstaT

Hello KonstaT. To build the kernel I used sources for Blade3 from the official website of ZTE, because in the sources for roamer2 there is no driver for my touchscreen(melfas). Those sources are support platform roamer2. So I took your buildconfigs for blade 3 and edited them for my phone. I saw your post: http://www.modaco.com/topic/362828-confont-problems-while-compiling-cm101/#entry2128258, and updated genlock and kernel kgsl drivers. After building the cyanogenmod start, but works very slow. Can you help me to fix my firmware?
This is a link to our forum where there are cyanogenmod for V889D/V880E: http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=367194&view=findpost&p=14881560, but only 10 not 10.1.
 Sorry for my bad English. 

Oh now I got it, you're using Blade III sources from ZTE. My kernels are actually based on the older V889D sources and there really wasn't anything new that was relevant to us, so I never updated to the Blade III sources. It did add support for roamer2 though (I remembered seeing it somewhere but couldn't remember where :P).

Basically all commits in the current kernel after initial atlas40 support (commit b4731b9fc220736eeaa29233e77d9187af56d133) should be something that you can cherry-pick to your kernel. Was it CM10 or CM10.1 you were building? For anything above CM10 you need to use legacy qcom display variant from legaCyMod repo. Also use Adreno blobs from my proprietaries.

Guest manfromnn

I have been building CM 10.1 because could not understand where to sample buildconfigs for CM10. I'm not a programmer. Yes, I have come to understand that I should use only this local_manifest: https://github.com/legaCyMod/android_local_manifest/blob/cm-10.1/local_manifest.xml, but adrenobloobs I used from my stock firmware. Thank you very much for your help, I will try to a new build, and when the interface will work just fine, I would think how to start radio. There are the same single-sim device (e600 beeline), its owner wrote that the radio is working.

Edited by manfromnn

Guest manfromnn
Hello, KonstaT. With your help, I can to solve the problem with the interface. I changed the adrenobloobs from Blade3 and I had to change the hwcomposer, came from the firmware to V889D_CM10. Now the interface works very well, but I can't turn on the wifi and cellular. I thought that the best way to enable cellular is-build CM 10.2 link: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/blob/4948cdb6dab9fe726859203b5a6b6bcfff97437e/telephony/java/android/telephony/MSimTelephonyManager.java
I managed to build a CM 10.2, but when I run the firmware I have is not working flash, wifi and cellular. For android 4.3 file fstab has a completely different format as 4.2. x and I can not understand how do I fix the flash start to work.  It's my stock recovery the fstab:
It's my stock recovery the fstab:
/boot		mtd		boot
/amss		mtd		AMSS
/appsbl         mtd             APPSBL
/mibib		mtd		MIBIB
/qcsbl	        mtd             QCSBL
/oemsbl1	mtd		OEMSBL1
/oemsbl2        mtd             OEMSBL2
/splash		mtd		splash
/cache		yaffs2		cache
/data		yaffs2		userdata
/misc		mtd		misc
/recovery	mtd		recovery
/sdcard		vfat		/dev/block/mmcblk0p1	/dev/block/mmcblk0
/system		yaffs2		system

And this is from my CM10.2: 

system                                    /system             yaffs2    ro,barrier=1                            wait
cache                                     /cache              yaffs2    nosuid,nodev,barrier=1                  wait,check
userdata                                  /data               yaffs2    nosuid,nodev,noauto_da_alloc,barrier=1  wait,check,encryptable=footer,length=-16384
boot                                      /boot               mtd       defaults                                defaults
recovery                                  /recovery           mtd       defaults                                defaults

Tell me please, how to fix it. Our guys are saying that you are a magician.

Guest KonstaT

Hello, KonstaT. With your help, I can to solve the problem with the interface. I changed the adrenobloobs from Blade3 and I had to change the hwcomposer, came from the firmware to V889D_CM10. Now the interface works very well, but I can't turn on the wifi and cellular. I thought that the best way to enable cellular is-build CM 10.2 link: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/blob/4948cdb6dab9fe726859203b5a6b6bcfff97437e/telephony/java/android/telephony/MSimTelephonyManager.java
I managed to build a CM 10.2, but when I run the firmware I have is not working flash, wifi and cellular. For android 4.3 file fstab has a completely different format as 4.2. x and I can not understand how do I fix the flash start to work.  It's my stock recovery the fstab:

I'm sorry, I can only understand half of your post again.

I don't think there's working multisim suppport in any CM version out-of-the-box. CM10.2 has the code imported and CM11 had the work done just a while back. It still doesn't mean that it actually worked on a device, it certainly doesn't work on CM11. There's a dual-SIM CM10 KANGs for Xperia E and some Huawei model, but both ported multisim support from CAF themselves and it's a lot more than just one commit (you need to fork at least six projects and each have several commits).

Flash what? What do you mean? Apparently it's a mtd device, there's a cm-10.2 fstab in my blade repo for a device like that.

Guest manfromnn

Hello KonstaT. Thank you very much for your help. Yes, I incorrectly said (not flash - sdcard). Now works fine. Tell me please, Is it possible to use only one sim (to the other not working)? And tell me please how can I do it (if it possible). I forgot to say that in Russia have the version of ZTE V790 with 1 sim(Beeline E600) and cellurar on the phone with 1 sim work good. Sorry for the bad English.

Edited by manfromnn

Guest KonstaT

Hello KonstaT. Thank you very much for your help. Yes, I incorrectly said (not flash - sdcard). Now works fine. Tell me please, Is it possible to use only one sim (to the other not working)? And tell me please how can I do it (if it possible). I forgot to say that in Russia have the version of ZTE V790 with 1 sim(Beeline E600) and cellurar on the phone with 1 sim work good. Sorry for the bad English.

I'm probably not the right guy to ask that. I've never had a dual-SIM device and I've never needed to hack too much around the radio interface either.

What did the V880E/V889D guys do to make the dual-SIM work on CM10? Or is it only working on one SIM?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alekcacko

Hello, I use zte v790 roamer 2 with android 4.0.4

So, when I'm trying to connect to wifi, it says only saved. I'm clicking it again, and it opens forget, connect and cancel. I click connect, but it doesn't connect at all. 

Any solutions?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gixer92

How can I change an mp3 file to ringtone? This is writing me that: Mute (If I choose an mp3 file from my SD card)

Edited by Gixer92

Guest manfromnn

Hello KonstaT. Sorry I couldn't answer right away. I learned that our guys have only CM10 for dual-SIM V880E, not higher. And this rom built guys from China, but the link to thei'r forum does not work anymore. Other custom roms for V880E work only on one SIM. I also wanted to make my phone for one SIM roms but do not know how to do it for the V790. You advised me to look here:http://www.modaco.com/topic/360513-devrom128-cyanogenmod-10-android-412/page-20#entry2138138 but unfortunately I have very little knowledge to do it. I learned that now pretty much done in the CM11 to multisim support, and i tried to build a CM11 for my device but it also doesn't work.  When the firmware has started on the display is always this error : "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" and does not work status-bar. I get this logcat: http://pastebin.com/FQHzGHW8 and this log_radio: http://pastebin.com/Q8FzJhZA  Can you give advice to me how i can fix this error? Maybe at CM11 for my device sim-cards will be defined?

There are changes: from packages/Services/Telephony/res/values-ms/strings.xml file I added the data in to values-ru (some did translate). Then built rom once more and now this kind of error does not appear. I can make a call to the 112-it works. The information currently displayed IMEI and network signal, but no operator. Also I can't fix the ramdisk to run wifi and sdcard. I get new logcat: http://pastebin.com/9LwV7vWC and log_radio: http://pastebin.com/PV2tYKec

There are new changes: immediately after start rom wifi already worked, but if i turn it off, it again does not turn on. And I can not fix to mount sdcard

Now I get this logcat: http://pastebin.com/ju6Y9MmZ and such log_radio: http://pastebin.com/N102DMpA

Edited by manfromnn

• 9 months later...
Guest rudolfm

I would like to try snoopsnitch (anti snoop app) with this rom (or cm11). Has anybody got this app running, or could someone please look if /dev/diag exists. Thank you.

Update: i have it running on cm11.

Edited by rudolfm

Guest The_Real_Crash0verride

Hi KonstaT, have flashed my ZTE Blade (medion P4012) with ur mod, that went smooth, even without the gapps, market worked. Good work and tkx, but i missing some features like:

- Overclocking possibilities

- more themes

- more screen locks

- forced ending apps when long press return key (had a samsung Apollo I5800 flashed with a port of CM7 Alpha9 from Krilios from XDA and that port was pumped with extras)

- and more i cant remember right now :)

Would it be possible to make some add ons through patches?

Ive a second phone from Medion, the same actually where i flashed CM11, also that went well but same here, im missing some important features. Do you know other good roms i could try later on?

Still you did a good job providing us with an alternative rom for our devices :)(y) (y) (y)

Keep up the good work !!!

Edited by The_Real_Crash0verride

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Hi KonstaT, have flashed my ZTE Blade (medion P4012) with ur mod, that went smooth, even without the gapps, market worked. Good work and tkx, but i missing some features like:

- Overclocking possibilities

- more themes

- more screen locks

- forced ending apps when long press return key (had a samsung Apollo I5800 flashed with a port of CM7 Alpha9 from Krilios from XDA and that port was pumped with extras)

- and more i cant remember right now :)

Would it be possible to make some add ons through patches?

Ive a second phone from Medion, the same actually where i flashed CM11, also that went well but same here, im missing some important features. Do you know other good roms i could try later on?

Still you did a good job providing us with an alternative rom for our devices :)(y) (y) (y)

Keep up the good work !!!

You know... The Developer options (once unlocked) give you these possibilities. You just need to follow the instructions from the first post. Want more themes? Download them. Not sure what you'd want from more screen locks (!!!) If you're just wanting a secure pin, then look under security settings. Killing apps (force closing them) by long pressing the return key is also an option in developer settings if you looked.

You might want to take a serious look in there before telling him that you're missing things from CM7 (which this phone never had - it started from Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0 and not Gingerbread 2.3). You'll be surprised - pleasantly or not. One would hope you'd pay attention with a name like yours...

• 2 weeks later...

i forgot how to enable the devellopers option, i didnt saw it in the menu so i thought it wasnt there anymore in the 4+ builds. I did found the trick to open it now, and yes im suprised what is possible, so thanks for reminding me of the possibility, still not all i wanted and wished for. For example, hardkey options, there is no open choice to link any app to the keys, its only some pre fixed actions.

Also i hoped for more screen locks with multiple apps to access my most used apps from the beginning, inclu the already attached apps like dailer, agenda, browser and more. Any way to let the hardkeys light up from notifications? About my name, there is a saying, "whats in a name", i rather used another nick, but i cant change it anymore.

Still im happy some are still supporting for such an old device, .... its fun to start with

Guest MJonMoDaCo

i forgot how to enable the devellopers option, i didnt saw it in the menu so i thought it wasnt there anymore in the 4+ builds. I did found the trick to open it now, and yes im suprised what is possible, so thanks for reminding me of the possibility, still not all i wanted and wished for. For example, hardkey options, there is no open choice to link any app to the keys, its only some pre fixed actions.

You mean to the dialer? IIRC there used to be, but in all honesty, it's not really necessary... Tell you why in a minute...

Also i hoped for more screen locks with multiple apps to access my most used apps from the beginning, inclu the already attached apps like dailer, agenda, browser and more. Any way to let the hardkeys light up from notifications? 

From memory, the only place you can choose which apps to use from the beginning is Settings --> lockscreen --> Slider shortcuts. You can only choose a maximum of 4, and that's a Cyanogenmod limitation AFAIK.

Besides, what's wrong with having shortcuts on your homescreen? I put my most used apps in folders, then replace 2 of the shortcuts (Usually browser and camera) then sit those 2 folders in the hotseat (along the bottom of the screen) ... Like so:

post-1007911-0-60583100-1423098635_thumb

Problem solved.

Of course, if you have a pin or password on your lock screen, then you're not going to have these options (slider shortcuts) anyway. So as far as I'm concerned, this is a non issue. Still...

Still im happy some are still supporting for such an old device, .... its fun to start with

Yeah, our developer has moved into different (newer) devices now, so there's nothing that will really be done from here unless you know how to do it yourself. Adding zip patches for these options may be a possibility, but it sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort.

About my name, there is a saying, "whats in a name", i rather used another nick, but i cant change it anymore.

True, but if you realise where it's from, then you'd be the type to sort all this out yourself, no? Besides... It's only 7 posts old. Nothing is too late at that stage...

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

You mean to the dialer? IIRC there used to be, but in all honesty, it's not really necessary... Tell you why in a minute...

---> I found out about the 7 clicks on the build in "about phone" to enable the devellopers options, so that was solved too...(whats IIRC?)

From memory, the only place you can choose which apps to use from the beginning is Settings --> lockscreen --> Slider shortcuts. You can only choose a maximum of 4, and that's a Cyanogenmod limitation AFAIK.

---> i dont use a pin (unless to activate my providers sim card) or pasword but uses the slider, that slider have shortcuts on the upper side, and the lower side is empty, i find that a waste of opportunities. If it was possible to customize that aswall, someone could add 3 more shortcuts at it. Just an idea. Didnt knew it was limited by CM, (what means AFAIK?)

Besides, what's wrong with having shortcuts on your homescreen? I put my most used apps in folders, then replace 2 of the shortcuts (Usually browser and camera) then sit those 2 folders in the hotseat (along the bottom of the screen) ... Like so:

---> you mean, making maps with ur most used apps and place those in the sliders as a shortcut? 

attachicon.gifHomescreen_Screenshot.jpg

Problem solved.

Of course, if you have a pin or password on your lock screen, then you're not going to have these options (slider shortcuts) anyway. So as far as I'm concerned, this is a non issue. Still...

Yeah, our developer has moved into different (newer) devices now, so there's nothing that will really be done from here unless you know how to do it yourself. Adding zip patches for these options may be a possibility, but it sounds like it wouldn't be worth the effort.

---> Ofcourse he moved on, very normal he did, but it was worth asking if he would make those zip patches on request. No i had, a yes i could get, if you dont ask you never get. I want to know how to make those zip patches myself but still not so far to start making them myself. Now im busy with flashing all the devices i have with all the roms i can find for them.

True, but if you realise where it's from, then you'd be the type to sort all this out yourself, no? Besides... It's only 7 posts old. Nothing is too late at that stage...

---> Its from the movie Hackers, Although im more into computers and i hacked my schools network and changed my grades internal in the system with a friend at our last year, im not much into linux and this rom thing. This nickname came with my assignment with facebook, must be an old thing i entered in the beginning of my usage of facebook. I was thinking to delete this profile and start over again but im not gonna do that, i ll get better in this eventually, lol

, dont know how to quote in several blocks like you did so i think my replies are in the quoted section hahaha, I hate forums, to much reading, to much hassle, but very educational !! ;)

Edited by The_Real_Crash0verride

Guest MJonMoDaCo

i dont use a pin (unless to activate my providers sim card) or pasword but uses the slider, that slider have shortcuts on the upper side, and the lower side is empty, i find that a waste of opportunities. If it was possible to customize that aswall, someone could add 3 more shortcuts at it. Just an idea. Didnt knew it was limited by CM

Actually it's really AndroidOS that it's a limitation of. I guess the slider is on Stock ROMs too, but I think it'd be a good idea to add those 3 extra shortcuts as you say. I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't seen it done anywhere yet.

you mean, making maps with ur most used apps and place those in the sliders as a shortcut? 

Erm... No. Making folders full of your most used apps and putting them into the hotseat down the bottom. You can start, by dragging the Camera app out of the bottom onto the homescreen, and then the browser app. Then you can make a new folder by dragging one app on top of the other. An animation comes up to make a folder. You can now drag all kinds of apps into these folders from the app drawer, straight into these folders, then park the folders back where the Camera and Browser apps were when you're done. By the end, you should have 2 folders full of apps. One of those folders (on my phone anyway) is on the screenshot in my last post.

Ofcourse he moved on, very normal he did, but it was worth asking if he would make those zip patches on request. No i had, a yes i could get, if you dont ask you never get. I want to know how to make those zip patches myself but still not so far to start making them myself.

True, and there are enough people to test if that were so, but best to go to CyanogenMod central and ask them to make it a feature for later versions, but sadly, that won't be for the Blade 3... 

whats IIRC? AFAIK?

Old IRC chat terminology. There's even an IRC chat room here on MoDaCo. Google for a whole lot more of those.

IIRC=If I Recall Correctly AFAIK = As Far As I Know. 

Not sure if you would have seen them on the Hackers movie (I've seen it - a long time ago). Angelina Jolie with a brain and a rebellious streak at the same time...

Who'd have thought?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

i dont use a pin (unless to activate my providers sim card) or pasword but uses the slider, that slider have shortcuts on the upper side, and the lower side is empty, i find that a waste of opportunities. If it was possible to customize that aswall, someone could add 3 more shortcuts at it. Just an idea. Didnt knew it was limited by CM

Actually it's really AndroidOS that it's a limitation of. I guess the slider is on Stock ROMs too, but I think it'd be a good idea to add those 3 extra shortcuts as you say. I'm sure it's possible, but I haven't seen it done anywhere yet.

you mean, making maps with ur most used apps and place those in the sliders as a shortcut? 

Erm... No. Making folders full of your most used apps and putting them into the hotseat down the bottom. You can start, by dragging the Camera app out of the bottom onto the homescreen, and then the browser app. Then you can make a new folder by dragging one app on top of the other. An animation comes up to make a folder. You can now drag all kinds of apps into these folders from the app drawer, straight into these folders, then park the folders back where the Camera and Browser apps were when you're done. By the end, you should have 2 folders full of apps. One of those folders (on my phone anyway) is on the screenshot in my last post.

Ofcourse he moved on, very normal he did, but it was worth asking if he would make those zip patches on request. No i had, a yes i could get, if you dont ask you never get. I want to know how to make those zip patches myself but still not so far to start making them myself.

True, and there are enough people to test if that were so, but best to go to CyanogenMod central and ask them to make it a feature for later versions, but sadly, that won't be for the Blade 3... 

whats IIRC? AFAIK?

Old IRC chat terminology. There's even an IRC chat room here on MoDaCo. Google for a whole lot more of those.

IIRC=If I Recall Correctly AFAIK = As Far As I Know. 

Not sure if you would have seen them on the Hackers movie (I've seen it - a long time ago). Angelina Jolie with a brain and a rebellious streak at the same time... 

Who'd have thought?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...