Finally a fully working MIUI for g300!!!
Roms are safe to use, have english language, there is no chinese recovery and a minimum of chinese apps (root explorer deleteable )
- You have to check your baseband first, be rooted, with unlocked bootloader and a recovery (cwm, maybe twrp)
- Download zip file (rom), GB gapps, and transfer that to SDcard
- Turn on debugging on your phone, turn off fast boot, turn off phone (some folks remove battery now:))
- Press vol. up and power button together for 10 seconds.
- You are in CWM now (probably)
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Mounts: Format System, Cache, Cust, Data
- Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, battery stats if you have them, Reboot recovery
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip)
- Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> gapps for rom (zip)
- Reboot to system
Leave your phone now for 5 minutes, let it take a breath.
Write something with your keyboard and reboot phone to get rid of chinese signs leftovers.
For mobile data activation use APN sim database from Play
Use ADW launcher for a bit smoother home activities
You can check another similar rom from serbian forum:
APN for mobile data: Offline SIM APN Database (Play)
WiFi tethering: Google Play: Wireless Tether for Root Users
Keyboard is changed to HwIme
JoyOS GB/CM7 ROM for 2030 baseband
Rom came without a keyboard, so HwIme is implanted and Mi File explorer is added
On first boot you have to change to english (if you want to ) like this:
When you get your home screen:
Soft button on left - menu, gear-like icon.
Now you are in settings so find an "Aa" icon.
Choose the top line
Edited by dakok, 04 March 2013 - 12:01 AM.