Snap.IT

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3, Alcatel OT995

Okay then can u help me?

I'm working on a new kernel and KK atm.

As i said, until it actually becomes something i'd find usable i'm not going to bother.

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:IT, gaming
  • Devices:ZTE Brick III
  • Twitter:@@plantroon

Did you mean "Is it possible to make the release (stable) work with our ZTE Blade 3?"?

Ahh @laciegy, I misunderstood your post and I thought that you had tried it and posted on this forum that it worked (and how it was possible that it worked) :D

I wish Canonical made some good work and Ubuntu Touch got optimized&running on any android phone....I wouldn't mind having android apps runtime as well :D

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Some good news: http://www.phoronix....item&px=MTUxOTM 

Anyone who has good connection speed up to try the new daily build ?? :D

I wish Canonical made some good work and Ubuntu Touch got optimized&running on any android phone....I wouldn't mind having android apps runtime as well :D

laciegy

laciegy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Devices:zte blade III
Any chains how this will work on our blade 3 i mean how fully work (calls, mobil internet etc.)

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Any chains how this will work on our blade 3 i mean how fully work (calls, mobil internet etc.)

It should work well because it's heavily based on Cyanogenmod 

(when it reaches a stable state - it's not even good on Nexus devices yet)

Edited by plantroon, 29 November 2013 - 03:41 PM.

RandomShape

RandomShape

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
hotfile fall down from bicycle. some1 may reupload, or something

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

hotfile fall down from bicycle. some1 may reupload, or something

It's not working at all. Even on supported devices it's not a ready to use OS. Nobody will bother for now. Don't ask for that again unless it works at least on Google Nexus or something ..

MIERZVINSKI

MIERZVINSKI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade 3

NOT working for me it says that ubuntu is installed but when i boot phone my old ROM is there !!!!!????

plantroon

plantroon

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

NOT working for me it says that ubuntu is installed but when i boot phone my old ROM is there !!!!!????

What did you install ? The first link in the OP is dead (hotfile file hosting service was shut down) If you only downloaded the ubuntu image, it won't work as you are missing the device-specific files. This ROM simply doesn't work right now / is unsupported

mondomata

mondomata

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade 3

Hi dear KonstaT!

I trying Ubunto for Blade 3, but download ubuntu ROM in hotfile.com do not go!

Please new download - way of ROM ......THX.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio
I never bothered to reupload it. Iirc the more recent saucy images from Ubuntu servers didn't work on our device anymore. I just can't edit the OP and remove the links because MoDaCo did something strange there.

Ubuntu Touch is pretty much dead anyway. It barely works on officially supported devices (Nexus) and there's nothing to gain on this device.

najibhrd

najibhrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Sir.....

How to port this room for MTK6572, thx for tutorial

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Sir.....

How to port this room for MTK6572, thx for tutorial

You're joking, right? You know you're pretty much stuck with stock(-based) firmware on MediaTek devices.

How about the official porting guide. Good luck getting CM10.1 running first. :P

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

jackiestz

jackiestz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:n900
  • Twitter:@none

http://hotfile.com/ is down edit  to another mirror please

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

http://hotfile.com/ is down edit  to another mirror please

Really, that certainly came as news for me. :P Yeah, I know, reading is really difficult sometimes.

I never bothered to reupload it. Iirc the more recent saucy images from Ubuntu servers didn't work on our device anymore. I just can't edit the OP and remove the links because MoDaCo did something strange there.

Ubuntu Touch is pretty much dead anyway. It barely works on officially supported devices (Nexus) and there's nothing to gain on this device.

Le Cosaque

Le Cosaque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey, KonstaT
sorry for disturbing you, but I'm currently trying to port Ubuntu Touch (14.10) to ZTE Blade 3. However, I'm new to porting (literally - this is my first try) and I have no idea which device specific files do I need and from which CyanogenMod Rom you ported I have to get them and are you ok with me using the files (if I'm successful I will give credit but still wanted to ask for permission and help). If it isn't to much to ask can you upload somewhere the device specific files.

Best wishes :)

Samsung Galaxy Pocket GT-S5300 - BlackStar rom v2

ZTE Blade III - CM 11 by KonstaT

Acer Aspire 6930g - Windows 8.1 Pro / Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon

"Ego ferarius suam fatum."

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts

Hey, KonstaT
sorry for disturbing you, but I'm currently trying to port Ubuntu Touch (14.10) to ZTE Blade 3. However, I'm new to porting (literally - this is my first try) and I have no idea which device specific files do I need and from which CyanogenMod Rom you ported I have to get them and are you ok with me using the files (if I'm successful I will give credit but still wanted to ask for permission and help). If it isn't to much to ask can you upload somewhere the device specific files.

Best wishes :)

All the device specific sources are linked in the first post. :o It was CM10.1 based. A lot has changed in the Ubuntu Touch since this port was made (e.g. it's unlikely to have required  UCM mixer working with msm7x27a audio HAL). No better place to start than the official porting guide.

Yeah, you're free to use anything as anyone else. Just give credit where credit's due. That's how open source works. Good luck. :)

Le Cosaque

Le Cosaque

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

All the device specific sources are linked in the first post. :o It was CM10.1 based. A lot has changed in the Ubuntu Touch since this port was made (e.g. it's unlikely to have required  UCM mixer working with msm7x27a audio HAL). No better place to start than the official porting guide.

Good luck. :)

Thanks, I am using the the official guide (installing all the tools in the moment) From what I've gather in the guide they still use UCM mixer and "You need to write UCM mixer files and UCM is lacking good documentation, but it's the closest we have to a standard for setting up mixers on embedded devices right now." which is something that I'll have to figure out as I progress.
BTW, if you have any good advice on how to port as a whole, I wouldn't mind.

Thanks for you quick response :) 

Samsung Galaxy Pocket GT-S5300 - BlackStar rom v2

ZTE Blade III - CM 11 by KonstaT

Acer Aspire 6930g - Windows 8.1 Pro / Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon

"Ego ferarius suam fatum."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users