25 replies to this topic

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W

whats the battery life like? and if the battery dies do you have to replace the phone?

Any use

http://www.modaco.co...s-after-a-year/

bladebuddy

bladebuddy

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts
  • Interests:All things outdoors , family and phone
  • Devices:zte blade + Huawei Ascend G300
Also something to consider. !

The San Diego is a very capable phone. However it is let down by having no recovery so not many rom's ,Xolo and stock only and will probably stay that way as well , it can be rooted.
Some high end / EA games and apps are incompatible with the Intel chip , which is a shame as this phone would run them well with the power it has.
Also to get it unlocked from the orange network you have to have a active orange sim card for 6 months and even then I have read its still a pain to get unlocked and costs £20.
The battery is also a possible concern.
Still for £100 its a nice phone.

Biohazard

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • Devices:LG G2, Moto G

interesting scores, it seems to think your device is dual core as it has (x2) next to the clock speed, i'm sure the san diego is single core?

last i seen in pauls review it was getting around 5700
http://www.modaco.co...ego-review-r599

but this is not surprising as antutu benchmark is totally inaccurate and they keep changing the scoring points as far as i can see...
last month my nexus 4 clocked at 1.5ghz was getting close to 20000...

now i'm getting this... and that's clocked at 1.8ghz (antutu is a waste of time)

I am not technical, but is that not the hyper-threading at work making it work as two?

Andrew

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,868 posts
The OSD has Multithreading, so its pretty much a dual core device.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
As promised photo and screenshots, this is not a sales pitch for the OSD just a reason why I bought one as an alternative to my G300, the G300 is a fantastic phone supported by a fabulous community and is the phone that I have had and kept for the longest out of any phone.

The only reason I got the OSD was it was the most bang for the buck, I was torn between that and the Nexus 4, but I could not justify the extra £200 for the Nexus 4 (I paid £79 for the OSD in there 20% off sale)

Yes the OSD is limited by its locked bootloader, but boy is it fast and it does everything I could want it to do, nothing is to much for it, and there is ZERO lag.

I have never been able to get TV catchup to work on the G300, it works on the OSD, Signal Boost works on the OSD, and living in a rural area on Orange it is a godsend, the battery life is amazing, 2 days without any trouble whatsoever, I got a day out of the G300.

I am at that age where a bit of sense has entered my brain, and I would love a S3, S4 or the new HTC One, but can I really justify the money, and the sad truth is that in today's world I can't. The HTC One, nice to have nice to own, but can I justify that extra near £500?? Will it really do even more than I can't do now? maybe but for now it's the OSD

Andrew

Attached Files

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

As promised photo and screenshots, this is not a sales pitch for the OSD just a reason why I bought one as an alternative to my G300, the G300 is a fantastic phone supported by a fabulous community and is the phone that I have had and kept for the longest out of any phone.

The only reason I got the OSD was it was the most bang for the buck, I was torn between that and the Nexus 4, but I could not justify the extra £200 for the Nexus 4 (I paid £79 for the OSD in there 20% off sale)

Yes the OSD is limited by its locked bootloader, but boy is it fast and it does everything I could want it to do, nothing is to much for it, and there is ZERO lag.

I have never been able to get TV catchup to work on the G300, it works on the OSD, Signal Boost works on the OSD, and living in a rural area on Orange it is a godsend, the battery life is amazing, 2 days without any trouble whatsoever, I got a day out of the G300.

I am at that age where a bit of sense has entered my brain, and I would love a S3, S4 or the new HTC One, but can I really justify the money, and the sad truth is that in today's world I can't. The HTC One, nice to have nice to own, but can I justify that extra near £500?? Will it really do even more than I can't do now? maybe but for now it's the OSD

Andrew

thanks for a review, how do you get on with the storgae on this phone m i hear its not got nay external expansion, when you say 2days what usage it that light, medium or full, 3g, 2g? i get 2days on my g300 with average use, a lot of wifi, few calls and texts, some gaming but no 3g.

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

thanks for a review, how do you get on with the storgae on this phone m i hear its not got nay external expansion, when you say 2days what usage it that light, medium or full, 3g, 2g? i get 2days on my g300 with average use, a lot of wifi, few calls and texts, some gaming but no 3g.

It has got an SD card holder built in, you need to root it to activate it, open up the back and then you can put a 32GB card in making 48GB, 42GB usable, my phone always has 3G on I am a moderate user not a heavy user, but I have noticed the battery is far better on the OSD

yaqh

yaqh

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • Devices:huawei

It has got an SD card holder built in, you need to root it to activate it, open up the back and then you can put a 32GB card in making 48GB, 42GB usable, my phone always has 3G on I am a moderate user not a heavy user, but I have noticed the battery is far better on the OSD

so have you rooted yours and is it easy to add the expansion, Looks like a nice alternative to g300.

Andymac1969

Andymac1969

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

so have you rooted yours and is it easy to add the expansion, Looks like a nice alternative to g300.

I have rooted mine, very simple process, not too interested in the extra expansion as 16GB is fine for me, i would add these phones are on clearout, once there gone there gone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users