147 replies to this topic

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • Devices:Jiayu G2S & Huawei G300
Maybe it is just me, but I have been unsuccessful in putting this mod into Slim 10 before flashing that rom. When I do so, I don't have a notification bar after flashing it. Of course I am wiping all data before installation of the modified Slim 10 rom.

Was anyone else successful in getting this to work on a fresh install that contains these two files?

TangerineTractor

TangerineTractor

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Maybe it is just me, but I have been unsuccessful in putting this mod into Slim 10 before flashing that rom. When I do so, I don't have a notification bar after flashing it. Of course I am wiping all data before installation of the modified Slim 10 rom.

Was anyone else successful in getting this to work on a fresh install that contains these two files?

yes, no problem at all in Slim or Stock+. Do full wipes, install slim rom, then once you're happy with it, reboot to recovery, do a cwm backup to be sure, then apply the first initial zip from here, and it should all work. If it doesn't, revert to your cwm backup.

Actually, after re-reading your post... you have to apply this mod to a working installed rom. So get your phone working, then just install this from recovery afterwards. I really don't see the point of modifying the rom install zip. Just making extra work for yourself. I coulod understand if you were building your own custom rom from a new base, but not just to save one recovery boot.

Edited by TangerineTractor, 04 March 2013 - 01:27 PM.

I'm saving up for a sofa so I can sit in the other room and tweak my phone without my wife nagging... thanks!

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

yes, no problem at all in Slim or Stock+. Do full wipes, install slim rom, then once you're happy with it, reboot to recovery, do a cwm backup to be sure, then apply the first initial zip from here, and it should all work. If it doesn't, revert to your cwm backup.

Actually, after re-reading your post... you have to apply this mod to a working installed rom. So get your phone working, then just install this from recovery afterwards. I really don't see the point of modifying the rom install zip. Just making extra work for yourself. I coulod understand if you were building your own custom rom from a new base, but not just to save one recovery boot.

Have a look at the OP and at post #6 where tillaz asks for feedback on that issue (pre-installing in roms). I know it can be installed after the first boot. That isn't a problem. But so far, I haven't seen anyone saying that they included it in a rom and it worked. So I was hoping someone had that success and just hadn't reported it yet.

Edit: correction; looks like it is working in Stock+; there must be more to it than just copying the two files into the rom.zip.

Edited by twrock, 04 March 2013 - 03:26 PM.

wouterbeer

wouterbeer

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:G300

Have a look at the OP and at post #6 where tillaz asks for feedback on that issue (pre-installing in roms). I know it can be installed after the first boot. That isn't a problem. But so far, I haven't seen anyone saying that they included it in a rom and it worked. So I was hoping someone had that success and just hadn't reported it yet.

Edit: correction; looks like it is working in Stock+; there must be more to it than just copying the two files into the rom.zip.

Yes, it is included in Stock+ and also in Lightning ROM as far as I know..

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X
it really depends on the ROM your trying to include it in, if your ROM has not been re-signed it should work straight off.

i will update the first post with instructions how to include it in any stock based ROM. (basically resigning the whole ROM)

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts

it really depends on the ROM your trying to include it in, if your ROM has not been re-signed it should work straight off.

i will update the first post with instructions how to include it in any stock based ROM. (basically resigning the whole ROM)

I just copied those two files into the Slim rom, rezipped, and installed. I did not re-sign the rom.
But it didn't work for me. Maybe I'm doing something else wrong.
Thanks for all your work on this. I really like having those toggles without having to run CyanogenMod.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
Made a little mod that can be added to this, it shows the speed of your download in the status bar, can also be handy just to see when data is actually been used and how much of it for how long

Im still working on making it fit better, looks a bit of out of place at the moment

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-10-07-17-11.png   505.74KB   100 downloads

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Made a little mod that can be added to this, it shows the speed of your download in the status bar, can also be handy just to see when data is actually been used and how much of it for how long

Im still working on making it fit better, looks a bit of out of place at the moment

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-03-10-07-17-11.png   505.74KB   100 downloads

Cool :)

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

thejaimes111

thejaimes111

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 7/G300/Huawei u8160
  • Twitter:@thejaimes111
It's interesting :)

Give me REP or DONATE if I helped you, you will make my happier today ^_^

Posted Image

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
added a guide to the OP for people having trouble including it in there ROM

jsevi83

jsevi83

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

added a guide to the OP for people having trouble including it in there ROM

Thanks a lot, tillaz, very useful!

twrock

twrock

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
In case anyone is interested, here is a collection of blue/grey toggle icons for doing modifications yourself. I tried to compress each PNG so that the overall size of the resultant app would be minimal. These graphic files go into the /res/drawable-hdpi folder of the SystemUI.apk file. Enjoy.

Attached File  Blue Toggles png minimum.zip   90.17KB   22 downloads

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
Tillaz, this is great stuff. I'm testing a rom that is transplated from C8812 phone. Firmware version is C92B949 and it works very smooth and flawlesly on g300. I couldnt get Emui style toggles that suposed to work on it.
Flashed your mod and - bingo! Got the circle battery with %, too. Thanks!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pain_Deluxe

Pain_Deluxe

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • Interests:skating,hardware,cars
  • Devices:Huawei G300 [email protected]

Tillaz, this is great stuff. I'm testing a rom that is transplated from C8812 phone. Firmware version is C92B949 and it works very smooth and flawlesly on g300. I couldnt get Emui style toggles that suposed to work on it.
Flashed your mod and - bingo! Got the circle battery with %, too. Thanks!

Link?

dakok

dakok

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,570 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1 8297w
I don´t have time to set it properly to it`s own topic so you can check posts following this one:

http://www.modaco.co...40#entry2106557
(download link is there, too :))

Edited by dakok, 27 March 2013 - 09:13 PM.

logo-telekineza.png 

Coolpad F1 software and stuff 

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
here is the version with the data speed on the status bar

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-01-18-24-07.png   348.44KB   48 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-01-18-24-32.png   341.49KB   44 downloads

Link: Attached File  Data-Speed-Power-Toggles.zip   955.14KB   142 downloads

Flash in Recovery, NO WIPE

To revert just flash the Original version over the Top

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
Abbreviated Day of week in status Bar

Attached File  Screenshot_2013-04-01-19-59-39.png   461.86KB   39 downloads

this will need tested,

Link Attached File  abbreviatedweek-day--Power-Toggles.zip   953.38KB   103 downloads

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Awesome, i'll have these available as add ons for the next release of Lightning. Thanks a lot :)

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts
anyone tested the week day version ?

lol on a side note, has anyone been trolled by >> Google nose beta. hahah,

https://www.google.c...n/landing/nose/ (April fools)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

anyone tested the week day version ?

lol on a side note, has anyone been trolled by >> Google nose beta. hahah,

https://www.google.c...n/landing/nose/ (April fools)

Yeah I saw that one, I actually tried it even though I knew it was an April fools joke :lol:

Oh, and I can't try the mods now as i'm on CM, but i'll see if I can flash a stock ROM quickly to try it out tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users