tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
  • Interests:Time & Space
  • Devices:Moto X

don't work for me either

did you try the zip i posted ? or anyone els ?

it should work.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Anyone want to give this a try,

Flash in recovery, make a backup first
http://www.solidfile...m/d/21d8ce3533/

it lets you apply various battery mods from a settings menu without a reboot (similar to in CM / AOKP)

Posted Image Posted Image

this is originally from here
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2181766

but the tool did not work for me, so i decided to find out what the tool does then apply the mod manually...

basically for the systemUI its just adding a new directory with some new .smali files and then redirecting "BatteryController" in

com/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar.smali
and
com/android/systemui/statusbar/tablet/TabletStatusBar.smali

to the new directory with the modified BatteryController.smali

I'll try it now.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Unfortunately it doesn't work, i don't think it even installs on the system. I flashed it on a B960 based ROM with cache wipes, and i set the correct permissions.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Unfortunately it doesn't work, i don't think it even installs on the system. I flashed it on a B960 based ROM with cache wipes, and i set the correct permissions.

it will be added to the system, what happened when you flashed it, force closes?

if not,
to see the app use nova actions and make a shortcut for OGbattery (i might of forgot to re-add the icon)

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

it will be added to the system, what happened when you flashed it, force closes?

if not,
to see the app use nova actions and make a shortcut for OGbattery (i might of forgot to re-add the icon)

No, it just doesn't do anything. I have no status bar, no FC's, and when I try to install it manually, it doesn't bug me that it is replacing a previous app meaning the systemUI never installed in the first place :blink:

Edit: However, the OG settings have installed correctly.

Edited by kyan31, 29 May 2013 - 11:50 PM.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

No, it just doesn't do anything. I have no status bar, no FC's, and when I try to install it manually, it doesn't bug me that it is replacing a previous app meaning the systemUI never installed in the first place Posted Image

hmm, the fact you have no FC is a good sign... its probably just a signature problem, will take a look tomorrow

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

No, it just doesn't do anything. I have no status bar, no FC's, and when I try to install it manually, it doesn't bug me that it is replacing a previous app meaning the systemUI never installed in the first place Posted Image

could you try doing the instructions on the OP about adding to a ROM ?
this will correct any signature issues and should make it work.

relvas18

relvas18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

did you try the zip i posted ? or anyone els ?

it should work.

Yes, I use the zip you poste

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

could you try doing the instructions on the OP about adding to a ROM ?
this will correct any signature issues and should make it work.

OK I'll do it in a few minutes, I'll sign it etc.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
It still doesn't work even after signing, what I described before is exactly what is still happening:

Merwenus

Merwenus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Too bad it also changes other things beside the toggles :\

For example the long-press-home window, i have no idea what is the name of it, but it contains the recent apps. :\

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
no status bar seems to be a known bug with the mod on some devices, if anyone can get me a logcat i will try fixing it.

From Original XDA Post

Bugs:
1- Failed to decompiling SystemUI
___ The problem from apktool
___ (Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Multiple resources)

2- SystemUI & Settings FC (Force Close) or StatusBar not shown
___ 1- Open up the command prompt
___ 2- Navigate to (folder where you extracted this app)\tools
___ 3- Type ( adb logcat -d > Logcat.txt )
___ 4- Upload Logcat.txt file

3- Failed to get ROOT access
___Copy all files that located on 'sdcard/og' to 'system/app' then reboot

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

no status bar seems to be a known bug with the mod on some devices, if anyone can get me a logcat i will try fixing it.

From Original XDA Post

Bugs:
1- Failed to decompiling SystemUI
___ The problem from apktool
___ (Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: Multiple resources)

2- SystemUI & Settings FC (Force Close) or StatusBar not shown
___ 1- Open up the command prompt
___ 2- Navigate to (folder where you extracted this app)\tools
___ 3- Type ( adb logcat -d > Logcat.txt )
___ 4- Upload Logcat.txt file

3- Failed to get ROOT access
___Copy all files that located on 'sdcard/og' to 'system/app' then reboot

I don't think we can get a logcat as the app doesn't even seem to install on the system partition, thats why there is no statusbar or FC, and thats why it doesn't show in the 'apps' section on the G300. Usually it would be there. Maybe it's a manifest or signature issue, though I don't compile apk's from scratch so I don't know much about how they 'install' :P

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
are you sure its not on the system?
the systemUI.apk must of been moved to the system partition if the other app is there and displaying. :huh:

have you use a file manager app, and looked in system / app

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

are you sure its not on the system?
the systemUI.apk must of been moved to the system partition if the other app is there and displaying. Posted Image

have you use a file manager app, and looked in system / app

Yes I have, and its there in system/app. It doesn't show in the 'all apps' list though, and as I said before, no statusbar and no FC's :huh:

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts

Yes I have, and its there in system/app. It doesn't show in the 'all apps' list though, and as I said before, no statusbar and no FC's Posted Image

as long as its on the system it should still give some hint to whats going on in a logcat even if there is no FC.

but reading your PM it might actually be because of the systemUI its self and not the mod, i will take a look at it later.

in the mean time you could download Infusion B06 and take the systemUI from there and see if it decompiles without error
as i'm sure something has went wrong with this one somewhere down the line.

or if anyone using Infusion or with the zip on there PC could upload the SystemUI it would be appreciated.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

as long as its on the system it should still give some hint to whats going on in a logcat even if there is no FC.

but reading your PM it might actually be because of the systemUI its self and not the mod, i will take a look at it later.

in the mean time you could download Infusion B06 and take the systemUI from there and see if it decompiles without error
as i'm sure something has went wrong with this one somewhere down the line.

or if anyone using Infusion or with the zip on there PC could upload the SystemUI it would be appreciated.

I actually have Infusion B07 on my laptop so i'll PM you the systemui, and of course I'll check if it decompiles too.

Edited by kyan31, 01 June 2013 - 05:36 PM.

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Yep, it decompiles :)

I don't know why I didn't use it before, it would of made everything a lot easier :P

I haven't actually checked if it works, though it should as the whole process was bug free. I'm about to PM you a link to the systemui if you want it.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,878 posts
thanks, yeah something has went wrong with the one on the OP will update it.

here is i new version of the OGbatteryMod for anyone to try, this is re-based on the SystemUI from infusion (without compile errors)
http://www.solidfile...m/d/d3d88986aa/ (flash in recovery / backup first )

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts
Ok, this is really weird now :P

The infusion systemui doesn't even work at all when used on a stock rom (B960). No FC's, no statusbar :ph34r:

I'm pretty puzzled now as I added it to my rom, and signed it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users