ZTE Acqua stock ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's stock ROMs for ZTE Acqua. Please upload/mirror missing ROMs and recoveries. Any other stock ROM versions that you are aware of? Updates are available at ZTE support site.

Egypt:
http://download.ztedevice.com/UpLoadFiles/product/610/3042/soft/2013050617043598.zip

ro.build.display.id=P740A_VODAFONEV1.0.0B02
ro.build.version.release=4.0.4
ro.build.date=Wed Mar 6 02:04:50 HKT 2013
ro.product.model=Acqua
ro.product.name=P740A_ARABIC

Germany:
n/a - P020120822643044970259.zip

ro.build.display.id=MEDION_P740AV1.0.0B04
ro.build.date=Thu Jun 7 01:12:07 CST 2012
ro.product.model=MEDION LIFE P4012
ro.product.name=P740A_MEDION

Greece:
http://download.ztedevice.com/UploadFiles/product/541/1160/manual/P020120822623227496766.zip

ro.build.display.id=ICS_WIND_P740AV1.0.0B02
ro.build.date=Tue Jul 24 14:47:35 HKT 2012
ro.product.model=Acqua
ro.product.name=P740A_WIND

Italy:
http://download.ztedevice.com/UpLoadFiles/product/563/1429/soft/2013082015351408.zip

ro.build.display.id=H3G_P740AV1.0.0B04
ro.build.version.release=2.3.6
ro.build.date=Wed Jun 13 12:49:02 CST 2012
ro.product.model=Momodesign MD Droid
ro.product.name=P740A_H3G

New Zealand:
http://download.ztedevice.com/UploadFiles/product/532/1759/soft/P020120822638922447658.zip

ro.build.display.id=R22 T03
ro.build.date=Thu Jul 12 17:43:09 CST 2012
ro.product.model=ZTE R22
ro.product.name=P772A13

Portugal:
http://download.ztedevice.com/UpLoadFiles/product/568/1978/soft/2013090416192815.zip

ro.build.display.id=TMN_P740AV1.0.0B06
ro.build.date=Fri Aug 9 03:17:42 CST 2013
ro.product.model=tmn smart a15
ro.product.name=P740A_TMN

n/a - 2013030715141492.zip

ro.build.display.id=TMN_P740AV1.0.0B04
ro.build.date=Tue Dec 25 01:08:22 CST 2012

n/a - P020121010395008384978.zip (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35834778/AcquaRecovery/P020121010395008384978.zip)

ro.build.display.id=TMN_P740AV1.0.0B03
ro.build.date=Mon Sep 10 08:41:53 CST 2012

Slovakia:
http://download.ztedevice.com/UploadFiles/product/572/2293/manual/P020120828370020727044.zip

ro.build.display.id=ICS_P740AV1.0.0B07
ro.build.date=Wed Aug 1 11:51:40 CST 2012
ro.product.model=Acqua
ro.product.name=P740A_GENERIC

Guest perez1311

i have the german recovery.

i'll post the link here as soon as it is done uploading

i really need the portuguese one, does anybody have it?

edit: noticed now that the german rom is also missing, i have it too. it will take a bit to upload, but i can do it.

i know that there is a link for the german rom on the zte website, but it is not stable, sometimes fails, so here is a mirror in dropbox which is pretty reliable.

Germany:

ROM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmy8whov164fcos/P020120822643044970259_germany.zip

Recovery: https://www.dropbox....acqua-stock.img

Edited by perez1311

Regarding recovery.

Can't we extract the file from "recovery-from-boot.p"?

Partition information:

8Mb mmcblk0p1 (qcsblhd_cfgdata.mbn)

8Mb mmcblk0p2 (qcsbl.mbn)

8Mb mmcblk0p3(OEMSBL.MBN)

1Kb mmcblk0p4 (?)

8Mb mmcblk0p5 (empty)

8Mb mmcblk0p6 (empty)

8Mb mmcblk0p7 (empty)

16Mb mmcblk0p8 (empty)

32Mb mmcblk0p9 (empty)

16Mb mmcblk0p10 (persist)

8Mb mmcblk0p11 (?)

8Mb mmcblk0p12 (?)

64Mb mmcblk0p13 (fat.bin)

8Mb mmcblk0p14 (empty)

8Mb mmcblk0p15 (EMMCBOOT.MBN)

16Mb mmcblk0p16 (boot.img)

16Mb mmcblk0p17 (recovery)

16Mb mmcblk0p18(splash.img)

400Mb mmcblk0p19 (system)

8Mb mmcblk0p20 (empty)

300Mb mmcblk0p21 (cache)

2.5Gb mmcblk0p22 (data)

184Mb mmcblk0p23 (empty)

Edited by papars

Guest perez1311

i will upload it to dropbox anyway because the zte website is extremely slow and sometimes crashes

about extracting it, i have no clue :b

Edited by perez1311

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for the links. Added to the OP. :)

Regarding recovery.

Can't we extract the file from "recovery-from-boot.p"?

Maybe, I'm not exactly sure. Sure it'll be easier if someone who has the backup just uploads it. ;)

Guest Geomig

Hello,

Did anyone lost access to internal storage of an Aqua device a flash?

I've lost mine after flashing with the latest 4.1.2. I cant see the drive trough the windows 7, and can only manage it in the phone itself.

The SD card is showing properly!

Any advice?

Thanks

Guest KonstaT

Hello,

Did anyone lost access to internal storage of an Aqua device a flash?

I've lost mine after flashing with the latest 4.1.2. I cant see the drive trough the windows 7, and can only manage it in the phone itself.

The SD card is showing properly!

Any advice?

Thanks

Wait, what? You have stock Jelly Bean for ZTE Acqua? ;)

I opened this thread for discussion about ZTE Acqua stock ROMs because things got a bit off topic elsewhere. Let's not make the same mistake here.

Advice, ask your questions in the right thread and you might even get a proper answer.

Guest Geomig

Wait, what? You have stock Jelly Bean for ZTE Acqua? ;)

Ahahah,

In my android mobiles i only install madebyKonstaT roms B)

Sorry for that, i didnt even realise this topic was about stock Roms.

My appologies.

Im moving the topic to the right thread.

Thanks for the advice

Guest perez1311

Here is a temporary link on a friends dropbox.

https://dl.dropbox.c...inal Greek).rar

Please upload somewhere convenient.

Edit: I tested German recovery and ROM and it seems that CM10 has no problem with WiFi after them. I wonder which partition did the trick....

i have the german recovery and my wifi works..

i wanted to try the portuguese one, because my acqua is tmn branded, but i don't think the wifi would work with it because almost everyone i know that has the portuguese recovery doesn't have wifi.

Guest KonstaT

Here is a temporary link on a friends dropbox.

Please upload somewhere convenient.

Edit: I tested German recovery and ROM and it seems that CM10 has no problem with WiFi after them. I wonder which partition did the trick....

Thanks, added to the op.

i have the german recovery and my wifi works..

i wanted to try the portuguese one, because my acqua is tmn branded, but i don't think the wifi would work with it because almost everyone i know that has the portuguese recovery doesn't have wifi.

It's not the recovery. It's something in the actual firmware. EMMCBOOT.MBN, fat.bin, OEMSBL.MBN and qcsbl.mbn are different in every update. It's most likely one of those.

Guest papars

fat.bin is a FAT16 200Mb drive image. It contains a directory named "image" with 2 files in it (AMSS.MBN and AMSSHD.MBN). AMSS.MBN is different in each country version.

I wonder if is possible to flash the partitions alone using CWM, instead of flashing the original recovery and then the original ROMs and then again CWM and finally CM10.x?

Guest KonstaT

fat.bin is a FAT16 200Mb drive image. It contains a directory named "image" with 2 files in it (AMSS.MBN and AMSSHD.MBN). AMSS.MBN is different in each country version.

I wonder if is possible to flash the partitions alone using CWM, instead of flashing the original recovery and then the original ROMs and then again CWM and finally CM10.x?

It's quite possible, I doubt there's any difference how ClockWorkMod/stock recovery extract the images. To be honest, I have zero experience in flashing bootloaders etc so I'm not very comfortable with that. There's always a small change that something unexpected can happen to your device.

OK, so AMSS.MBN is the radio firmaware. qcsbl.mbn is probably Qualcomm's bootloader (first and the most important of the bootloaders). OEMSBL.MBN is OEM's bootloader (in this case ZTE's). EMMCBOOT.MBN is eMMC bootloader? Everyhing with 'HD' in filename is a header for the actual firmware. Some of that is pure speculation though. I'm also not sure if you can mix these files from different updates. It's probably better if they're all from the same update if you try flashing them.

Guest papars

It's quite possible, I doubt there's any difference how ClockWorkMod/stock recovery extract the images. To be honest, I have zero experience in flashing bootloaders etc so I'm not very comfortable with that. There's always a small change that something unexpected can happen to your device.

OK, so AMSS.MBN is the radio firmaware. qcsbl.mbn is probably Qualcomm's bootloader (first and the most important of the bootloaders). OEMSBL.MBN is OEM's bootloader (in this case ZTE's). EMMCBOOT.MBN is eMMC bootloader? Everyhing with 'HD' in filename is a header for the actual firmware. Some of that is pure speculation though. I'm also not sure if you can mix these files from different updates. It's probably better if they're all from the same update if you try flashing them.

Correct, I wouldn't recommend mixing the versions.

What is odd is the need to have a fat partition in the bundle. What kind of magic is this?

"image" directory is used by TPT?

I want to try the slovak version which suppose to be higher than the German one. (maybe because I do not like the medion logo)

P.S. What if we flash the Blade III versions? Isn't the hardware identical?

Guest Di0g0

Sorry for this stupid question but... I have a backup from the TMN original rom, if I want to flash the original FTM from TMN where I can find him on the backup made by cwm?

Thanks!

Edited by Di0g0

Guest perez1311

Correct, I wouldn't recommend mixing the versions.

What is odd is the need to have a fat partition in the bundle. What kind of magic is this?

"image" directory is used by TPT?

I want to try the slovak version which suppose to be higher than the German one. (maybe because I do not like the medion logo)

P.S. What if we flash the Blade III versions? Isn't the hardware identical?

i don't have the courage to try that :b

if you try it and it works let me now :)

Guest KonstaT

Sorry for this stupid question but... I have a backup from the TMN original rom, if I want to flash the original FTM from TMN where I can find him on the backup made by cwm?

/sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/year-date.time/recovery.img

That is of course if you did the first backup before you flashed ClockWorkMod to your recovery partition. Could you also upload it somehere? TMN recovery is still missing...

Guest papars

Here is Slovak stock recovery partition: https://dl.dropbox.c...nal Slovak).rar

And for the brave: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361178-wifi-issue-on-acqua-with-blade-iii-roms/#entry2098140

In the brave link you will find information on how to flash the special partitions and on top of your existing ROM.

Use at your own risk.

Slovak B07 OEM emmc partitions make wifi work with CM10.x - Same as the German but Slovak is higher version than German (B07 vs B04) if that means something.

Some observation -but no firm confirmation- I have the impression that German and Slovak wifi is worse than Greek wifi performance. I did not make any scientific test but I have a weak wifi signal in my area. With the Greek partitions I can connect to it and work without problem but with German / Slovak I can’t and even if it connects it drops very often. One detail. I test Greek with stock ICS and German/Slovak with CM10, so the problem could be elsewhere.

Edit: I've changed the post to accommodate the new forum topic on the subject of the special partitions and wifi issues.

Edited by papars

Guest perez1311

the slovak recovery doesn't have any branding on it like the german?

i'm tired of the medion one :b

if i can't get the portuguese (tmn) maybe i will flash the slovak recovery and hopefully the wifi still works.

Guest KonstaT

the slovak recovery doesn't have any branding on it like the german?

i'm tired of the medion one :b

if i can't get the portuguese (tmn) maybe i will flash the slovak recovery and hopefully the wifi still works.

*sigh* recovery has nothing to do with the wifi issue (I guess you have ClockWorkMod installed on your recovery partition anyway). Recovery has no branding either. You probably mean the splash image that is on separate splash partition. You can easily change it to what ever you want.

http://www.modaco.co...splash-flasher/

@papars

Nice, let's hope someone can confirm that. Btw, there's no need to include splash and recovery in that package.

Guest perez1311

*sigh* recovery has nothing to do with the wifi issue (I guess you have ClockWorkMod installed on your recovery partition anyway). Recovery has no branding either. You probably mean the splash image that is on separate splash partition. You can easily change it to what ever you want.

http://www.modaco.co...splash-flasher/

@papars

Nice, let's hope someone can confirm that. Btw, there's no need to include splash and recovery in that package.

i know that, but the recovery changes something that makes the wifi work, i think it is worth the trouble to test.

*recovery and the official update, so there are no miss understandings :b

i don't want a custom splash, i wan't the original one, or none at all, because if i happen to need to send my phone to warranty i can't send it with the medion image.

Edited by perez1311

Guest thmnss

After installing the German recovery can not install any other recovery or cwm ...

I follow all the steps, he says this to write and complete all ok, but it stays in the original recovery ...?

Any solution? Without cwm can not do anything ..

I managed to install CWM

Edited by thmnss